• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 9: A Pokemon!

The old crooked sign read: Rusturf Tunnel. Many pokemon inhabit this tunnel and it is a vital traveling point to Rusturf form Rustburo! Enter if you want to get there quicker!

Max smiled knowing it would be a lot easier to get to Rusturf through this tunnel. He looked around and noticed the huge cave enterance. He dashed inside, knowing his pokemon where a little tired but not to bad.

Inside the cave was musty smelling, weird fog was inside the cave making it difficult to see, alot of pokemon which Max could only make the shape out of were about, and there was moss growing everywhere. Max looked around, or rather, tried looking around. He could hear the shifting of feat on the cave flooring and he just knew he wasn't the only one in here. He continued walking along and tripped over something. He thought it was a rock and then got up and stood on it.

"Glig!" something said.

Then the 'rock' Max was standing on moved and then slid from under his feet into the air. Max slipped off the creature and fell to the ground. The creature beat its wings in the air and then cleared the small area'f fog away. The creature was a small purple bat. Max took out his pokedex and scanned it.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Gligar, the fly scorpion pokemon. Gligar looks like a cross between a scorpion and a bat. Its whole body is purple. It has a stinger in place of a tail, its hindfeet have claws and its forelegs have large pincers. Between forelegs and hindfeet extends a leathery membrane that functions as wings. Each of these wings have a spike protruding from its side. Gligar makes its home on steep cliffs. When it spots prey, it lets go of the cliff's face, spreads its wings and glides towards its target. It does so completely noiselessly and effortlessly, as if it were sliding, so it always catches its victim by surprise when it flies straight to its face. It then uses its claws and pincers to secure its hold on the opponent's face and injects it with poison from its tail barb. The prey is paralyzed and Gligar finishes off its prey with a vicegrip. After it has finished hunting, Gligar returns to its nest on foot. A female Gligar has a smaller stinger.

Max closed the pokedex and returned it to his pocket. He was very interested in this pokemon. It smiled realizing his interest in it and then Gligar flew at Max. It flew at Max's face and then clenched on his head.

"Wah! Gligar! Get off me!" Max said.

Max was pulling and tugging at the pokemon and finally managed to get it off him. "Geez. You hold on to your prey huh?" Max wondered.

The pokemon stuck its tongue out and smiled. "Glig."

Max smiled and sat the pokemon on a rock. "You go on home now k?" Max asked.

The pokemon looked up at him confused and then it flew at his face again. Max quickly reacted and ducked. Then he stood up as the bat turned around and then clenched onto the back of his head. Max tugged and pulled at the pokemon again and finally tore it free from his head. The pokemon licked his face this time and Max couldn't help but laugh.

The pokemon looked at his pokemon's pokeballs and then wacked one of them off with it's stinger. The pokeball landed on the button in the middle and out popped Max's Grovyle.

Grovyle looked at the Gligar and smiled. It couldn't wait for this battle.

"Ok. Grovyle start out with a Quick Attack!" Max said.

Grovyle nodded and then dashed as fast as he could at the scorpion. He stopped running behind the Gligar and thrust his elbow into its back. The Gligar cried out in pain and fell forewards to the ground. Then it spun around and shot purple needles full of poisen out of its stinger at Grovyle. The needles hit Grovyle and poisened him. Grovyle was currently on the ground towering over Gligar, poisened.

"Grovyle use Absorb." Max said relizing what happened.

Grovyle shot the ball of energy at the scorpion. It hit and came back to Grovyle healing him a little. This attack was super effective against Gligar because it was half ground type. Grovyle smiled and then winced as he lost one sixteenth of his health. Gligar, seeing this as its chance thrust its stinger into Grovyle's stomach causing severe pain from a different approached poisen sting. Grovyle collapsed to the ground as these attacks were both super effective.

"Grovyle! come on and use Pound!" Max said.

Gligar now was the one towering over Grovyle. Grovyle spun around wacking Gligar's head with the leaf attached to his head. Then Grovyle jabbed his elbow into the Gligar's stomach. The Gligar coughed and then looked at Grovyle with determination in its eyes. It thrust its body foreward as Grovyle kneeled onto the ground from the poisen and loosing 1/16 of his health. Gligar thrust its stinger into Grovyle causing him to stumble backwards.

"Grovyle!" Max said.

Grovyle, hearing his trainers concern in his voice got up on his feet and then ran at Gligar at full speed. He then jumped up in front of Gligar and kicked its stomach sending it flying into a rock. Gligar thrust its stinger at Grovyle, but Grovyle jumped and dodged it just in time. Then he sent another pound at the pokemon without a command. Gligar caught it this time though and threw Grovyle into the cave wall. He slid down the wall slowly and started getting up.

"Grovyle. You're determined to win, I know. So let's use Absorb!" Max said.

Grovyle charged up a ball of green energy and sent it flying at Gligar, it dodged the energy, but the energy shot right back through him and came back to Grovyle. Grovyle ran over to the Gligar as Max called:

"Use Quick Attack!"

Grovyle then jumped and came rocketing back to earth over the Gligar with his elbow pointed at it. He hit Gligar's stomach and landed on him, this attack kicked up a bunch of dust. A few minutes after the dust setled Gligar had fainted, and Grovyle was walking back to Max now.

"Ok. Go, pokeball!" Max said.

Max threw one of his red and white capsules at the scorpion. It hit it and the Gligar was engulfed in a red light and then disappeared. The ball landed on the ground and started shaking back and forth. Until......

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Clevink: The name "Pookah" would be from the episode with the surfing Pikachu. It might be called "Hang Ten, Pikachu" but I'm not sure. It's been a while since I've watched pokemon. I'm having writer's block too :(
    Mitha grew to level 20!
    Pookah grew to level 14!
    Mitha is trying to learn Peck, but she already knows four moves. Delete a move for Peck? (respond in ooc thread)
    Mitha is trying to learn sand-attack, but she already knows four moves. Delete a move for Sand-Attack?
    What? Mitha is evolving! Allow this process to continue?
    Pookah learned Thunder Wave!
    Pookah is trying to learn Quick Attack, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Quick Attack?

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Chapter 6: Petalburg Woods (4)

"Yes! We caught a Shroomish!" Shaun cried, "this should help us during our battle against Roxanne, isn't that her name? At least, that's what I remember mom saying..." She trailed off, determined not to feel homesick, she had never been that type of person, after all. Poochyena seemed to be extremely pleased with itself, and stood up proudly, its chest thrust out. It seemed to be prancing rather than walking, though Shaun decided that it Poochyena was just playing around a bit.

Electrike, on the other hand, seemed to be somewhat indifferent to the fact that Shaun and Poochyena had recently battled, and caught, a Shroomish. Instead, it was busily sniffing a weed with great interest, there seemed to be some sort of scent on it that intrigued Electrike. Suddenly, Electrike let out a low growl, and Shaun looked around, looking for what alarmed Electrike. A dark shadow was moving about in the trees.

"Funny, that guy's uniform looks familiar..." Shaun muttered, catching a fleeting glimpse of the person's uniform. Right! That Team Aqua guy from earlier, this guy must also be part of Team Aqua. "Hide. I think that might work best, 'cause I'm not in the mood for another battle, and I don't think Poochyena is either."

"C'mon." Shaun murmured to her Pokemon, and they crouched behind a large bush. The Team Aqua person seemed to be walking closer, then farther away, then he walked near the bush, though as Shaun tensed, he moved away again, and they could hear him muttering.

"Out of all the duties I could have been assigned, I had to get assigned to be searching for some plant!" He raged, not bothering to be quiet. Poochyena's ears perked up, as they listened intently.

"The Alese Cardinal Flower, or something like that. Stupid. Just 'cause the boss wants some to decorate his room. Why do I care if his room has pretty red flowers in it. Out of all the duties I could have been assigned! Even if it is a rare-ish plant. Stupid boss, wasting his time if you ask me...." The Team Aqua grunt continued, his mood seemed to be worsening.

Why is he making such a big deal out of it? If he finds some flowers, he'll make Archie happy. Thing is, I'm pretty sure that kind of flower grows in meadows, not forests. Shaun thought to herself, remembering her mother saying that she wanted to order Alese Cardinal Flower seeds, and what her mother had told her about the flower. Apparently, it was of a beautiful, vibrant red color, with dark green, curled leaves that tapered gently to a point. She had seen a picture in the catalog, and remembered that the caption read.

"Alyse Cardinal Flowers.
    This unusual and beautiful species of plant grows solely in open meadows, and only under certain conditions. As a result, their growth is rather limited, and they are not found in a great many areas."

Something like that. Though she had to agree, the boss was wasting his time. But before she could say anything to her Pokemon, there was a rustle of leaves, and a shout.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" The Team Aqua grunt had apparently found her.

Dang, she had been caught unawares, and looked up in surprise, jumping to her feet immediately.

"Hello sir." She said uncertainly, unsure of how she should respond to the rough greeting she had received.

"What are you doing?"

"I was resting here, its a tiring walk through Petalburg Woods, though the conditions are excellent." She replied conversationally, trying to keep her tone light and cheerful.

"I can't have you here messing me up!" He shouted, "go, Zubat!"

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Shaun thought to herself, silent cursing herself for not having gotten away when she had the chance. If she lost, then she would be sure to lose her Pokemon, and she was positive that this time, the Team Aqua grunt wasn't a total beginner. Wait, nevermind, if he wasn't a total beginner, then he wouldn't have been stuck looking for flowers.

"Electrike!" She called, and Electrike bounded forward.

"Zubat, use Supersonic!" The Team Aqua grunt shouted, pointing towards Electrike. However, the Zubat seemed scared to death, and flew back towards the grunt, screeching.

"No, not on me, on that Electrike!" The grunt shouted, covering his ears and screwing up his eyes in pain at the metallic screeches. Zubat spun, confused, and slammed clumsily into Electrike, who howled and backed up, tackling Zubat and sending it to the ground.

Woah, poor Zubat, I almost feel sorry for it. Shaun thought, she apparently had misjudged the grunt, he was even less experianced than the first. No wonder why he was stuck looking for flowers. He has no connection with his Pokemon, at least, not yet. Shaun suddenly realized.

"Electrike, thunder wave!" Shaun ordered, and Electrike sent a jolt of electricity towards the Zubat, who seized up on the ground. Then Electrike tackled it, slamming it into the ground once more. It slid several feet before coming to a stop, and then lifted off into the air and flew towards its trainer, unwilling to battle any longer.

"What? Zubat, keep battling!" The grunt cried in surprise, but his orders were cut off as Zubat flew into his head, its wings covering his face. "Zubat, return!" He called, returning the frightened Pokemon. Then he looked towards Shaun, his face growing red. With an inhuman screech, he lunged towards her.

"Poochyena, Electrike, return!" Shaun cried hurriedly, before she turned and began running as fast as she could down the path that would take them to Rustboro City, stumbling on a tree root, though not stopping her run. Several minutes, she leaned, gasping for breath, against the massive trunk of a tree. The grunt had long since given up the chase, but she was suddenly more on edge than before. Wow, he really needs to control his temper. Once she had recovered her breath, she continued on her way to Rustboro.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    Rustboro city
    Adam breathed a sigh of relief as they finally reached Rustboro City.

"Well Bagon we faced, bratty kids, a rabid mother and falling seedots but we made it!"

Said Adam as Bagon nodded in agreement.
    In that split second Adam realised that Bagon was truley the only living thing he has opened up to since his mothers passing.

"Well we had better go to the Pokecenter so you can rest up before our battle" Said Adam who had already started walking.

As they were walking he saw a group of kids comming out from the gym cheering and screaming as the kid in the middle was holding a polished gym badge.

"Oh god stupid is contagious" Murmered Adam as he was approching the center of the busy City.

All of a sudden a screaching pain engulfed Adam, the pain was comming from his scar, Adam then saw scenes of his past, his mother in the hospital, the kids of Canalave teasing him and beating him up, Adam screamed at the pain and at the painfull memories of his past he couldn't take it anymore, Bagon cried out to the starring people around him to help, Adams vision started to blurr and eventually he fainted.

Adam woke up in a hospital bed still feeling the terrible pain in his left cheack.

"What am I doing here? Bagon lets go!" Said Adam as he got off the bed.

"NO NO NO! You may not go yet, you are too weak!" Said Nurse joy but she was too late, Adam was already out the door.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Slytherfang: Finally out of Petalburg Woods! :) The battle with the inexperienced grunt was beyond great!
    Electrike grew to level 13!
    Electrike learned Howl!

To ~element: Erm, you were on a great story, but it was too short. Lengthen it a little with some more detail on what is happening.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Chapter 8: Exploring!
    Part: 2
    Nick had been walking for a short while while Mitha and Pookah rested in their Pokéballs when he stumbled upon a picnic table.

"This looks like a good place from some lunch." He thought as he put down his backpack and extracted from it two bowls, two tubs of Pokémon food, and a sandwich. He set down the bowls and poured the food into them. He let Pookah out, who was still dazed and slightly dirty from the mud that Marshtomp had launched at him. He was obviously not hurt, as he quickly started devouring his food. When Nick let Mitha out of her Pokéball, she had an eerie white glow engulfing her.

"Mitha? Mitha!? What's wrong!?" Nick said with worry in his voice. He overturned his backpack, not knowing that what was happening was not a cause for alarm at all, but rather a cause for celebration. When Nick turned around with a potion in hand, the white glow was gone, but so was his Torchic. What was there was Mitha, but in the form of a Combusken. "Wow, Mitha! You evolved!" Nick said, overjoyed. He jumped up and hugged Combusken, picking her up and spinning around with her. When Nick's excitement had finally simmered down, he put Mitha down, apologized, and they all sat down to eat. Nick felt a presence behind him, but thought nothing of it. He was in the woods with his two best friends, and couldn't have been happier. After a short amount of time, he got up and turned around to put the remnants of the sandwich in the trash can. What he saw was an Abra, looking very thin and sick, looking up at him with eyes wide open, as if pleading for food. He turned around, motioned for Mitha and Pookah to not make a sound, and put some more Pokémon food in one bowl and some water in front of him. He walked about half the distance between him and the Abra, and put the food and water down. He walked away very nonchalantly, not wanting to frighten Pookah or Mitha, packed up his backpack and walked away. For a while, they all went about their business. Picking Oran and Pecha berries, while planting different berries in their place. Nick felt he was being watched again, turned around, only to find the same Abra looking up at him again.

"What is it, fella? You still hungry?" Nick said with a light but concerned expression.

"Aaaaabra Abra." It said back. Nick could hear the pleading ness in it's voice, and his heart melted. He took out his last food bowl, set it down, and put more Pokémon food in it. He set it down near Abra, and sat down next to him, making sure to not scare it away. A few minutes, and a few bowls of food later, Nick heard someone walking toward him. He looked up, and saw a male, brown haired trainer in front of him.

"There you are, you stupid beast! Get back in your Pokéball, now!" The trainer shouted at the Abra. The Abra looked scared and shook it's head no. Nick was infuriated by the way the trainer was addressing Abra, and stood up, arms out to protect Abra.

"That's not a nice way to talk to your Pokémon, you know. You almost starved him! Why would you neglect a Pokémon like that!?" Nick said in a soft but fierce voice.

"I can do whatever I want to my Pokémon. Stop talking about them like they're people, because they're not. They're tools to fame and fortune, nothing more. Also, you'd do well to respect your superiors. The name's Casey." The trainer said. Casey's response, however, only infuriated Nick more. He was shaking with anger now, and said,

"Look at your Abra and apologize, or I'm reporting you to the police for Pokémon abuse."

"You like it so much? Why don't we battle for him!" Casey proposed.

"Fine," Nick said. "One on one."

"That's fine with me." Casey said as he took out a Pokéball. "Go, Rhyhorn!" Casey shouted and threw a Pokéball into the air. The thing that hit the ground and caused a small earthquake could only be describes as terrifying. It looked like a living, breathing, rock.

"That thing looks tough." Nick thought. "What is it?" Nick thought again as he took out his Pokédex and ran it over the Rhyhorn.

"Rhyhorn, the Spikes Pokémon. It is not the most intelligent of Pokémon and will often run along mountains, running into anything. It can not be stopped unless something makes it stop or it falls asleep."

"That'll be very tough to beat," Nick said to himself. "But it's a Rock type, and that means my new Combusken has the advantage." He said again, taking out Mitha's Pokéball. He released it, and Mitha stepped out, looking ferocious.

"Rhyhorn, Tackle attack!" Casey yelled. Rhyhorn ran straight at Mitha, at a surprisingly fast rate for such a large Pokémon.

"Dodge it, Mitha!" Nick yelled. Mitha jumped high in the air and the Rhyhorn ran into a tree, knocking it down. Rhyhorn looked dazed, but no worse than before. "Start out strong, Mitha! Use Ember!" Nick shouted. Mitha ran at the Rhyhorn, dodging debris left by the rampage of the Spikes Pokémon. Mitha delivered a short, but strong burst of flame to Rhyhorn, knowing that it hurt it more than it looked. Rhyhorn closed it's eyes, but looked even angrier than before when it opened them.

"Stomp, Rhyhorn! Now!" Casey shouted, sounding very agitated. Rhyhorn stomped the ground, which caused a tremor and threw Mitha off balance. "Now follow up with a Tackle since that thing's about to fall!" The Rhyhorn complied, and started charging for Mitha.

"Mitha, don't let it hit you! Roll with the way you're tipping and dodge Rhyhorn!" Mitha also complied, dodging Rhyhorn completely. The Rhyhorn tried to stop and turn to redirect it's attack, but tripped and fell on it's side. It kept rolling, and knocked Casey over. The Rhyhorn kept rolling still, and hit a large rock, and fainted.

"Stupid Rhyhorn! You're worthless!" Casey shouted as he recalled Rhyhorn. "I won't be forgetting this, you know! You can have the stupid Abra!" Casey said as he ran off.

"Great job, Mitha, return!" Nick said and called the Combusken back into it's Pokéball. Nick walked over to the Abra, who looked happy that he didn't have to be ruled by Casey anymore. "It looks like I won you, buddy, but you don't have to join my team, if you'd rather roam the wild." Nick said as he took out a Pokéball. "The choice is yours." Nick said again and threw the Pokéball at Abra, letting it choose to break out and teleport away, or stay in and become part of Nick's team.

((OOC: I know the Rhyhorn battle was kind of weak. Originally, I had in Double Kick instead of Ember, but it didn't know Double Kick, so I couldn't have that. Tell me if you want me to 'spice it up' a little.))

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    To Slytherfang: Finally out of Petalburg Woods! :) The battle with the inexperienced grunt was beyond great!
    Electrike grew to level 13!
    Electrike learned Howl!

To ~element: Erm, you were on a great story, but it was too short. Lengthen it a little with some more detail on what is happening.
    lol well it was a lot longer except i saw that it was supposed to be two posts long xD
    Should I post the second part or add more?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back