• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] The Exalted Ones [OOC + SU] [M]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • The doctor has not verbally expressed an opinion against such a notion, and it is fair to assume he is simply in shock due to losing the life of a patient (at least fair for Check to assume).

Why would a medical professional be in shock over losing a patient when it happens so often?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    -_- sooooooooooooooo not true. Soldiers do sugarcoat the truth, especially to citizens. Most soldiers (along with doctors, and emergency services I'd assume) will lie to a civilian if it will boost morale or prevent panic. Its a pretty annoying stereotype, especially when I hear it from other people in real life. You probably don't see it the same way in real life, but I did want to say something about it.
    it's a good thing our characters aren't citizens and are a part of the war. EDIT: DECLAN FIRST OF ALL HOW DARE YOU SECOND OF ALL HOW DARE YOU

im not talking about stopping everyone from panicking, im talking about when it comes to putting someone straight. im not talking about what ive seen from movies lol im talking about from what ive seen from my friends. when they joined the army, my friends basically cried because their general dudes had to beat their training into them. if they cant run the 2km they dont get on their level and say "aw its k sit down for a sec" they tell them to keep running.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • soz guys ryūko tells it how it is youre all scum to her now

Ryuko was a bit scary lol. She had me shaking in my socks. //shudders//

I'm starting to see us going no where, we're a mess of opinionated people; we'll be stuck in that one room until the war is over.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I dunno what you guys are talking about but I wanted to post and say Carefulwetpaint, our characters should know each other, that'd be cool. Also your character name is win.

Also Ozymandias as well, since they're in a somewhat similar field! Although Adrian is Special Forces. Meaning they're both snipers so maybe at some point they could have worked together. Allison is beautiful by the way! And tall.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • I dunno what you guys are talking about but I wanted to post and say Carefulwetpaint, our characters should know each other, that'd be cool. Also your character name is win.

Also Ozymandias as well, since they're in a somewhat similar field! Although Adrian is Special Forces. Meaning they're both snipers so maybe at some point they could have worked together. Allison is beautiful by the way! And tall.

You'll have to read Ryuko's post, its dangerously spicy :)

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Why would a medical professional be in shock over losing a patient when it happens so often?

Never said Check was a doctor :P

it's a good thing our characters aren't citizens and are a part of the war. EDIT: DECLAN FIRST OF ALL HOW DARE YOU SECOND OF ALL HOW DARE YOU

im not talking about stopping everyone from panicking, im talking about when it comes to putting someone straight. im not talking about what ive seen from movies lol im talking about from what ive seen from my friends. when they joined the army, my friends basically cried because their general dudes had to beat their training into them. if they cant run the 2km they dont get on their level and say "aw its k sit down for a sec" they tell them to keep running.

Again, as far as Check knows, everybody in the room is a civilian. Nobody has really stated otherwise.

Basic training is not actual military life. Basic is intentionally brutal in order to make volunteers more patriotic and obedient (there are some psychological games in basic that are pretty similar to "initiations" done by frats and sororities). After Basic is over, things are still fairly strict, but nearly as brutal. (My experience comes from both parents being military, and living on many, many bases in my life). I actually used to party a lot with one of the Commanding officers (the people who yell at recruits essentially) and she was very kind and warmhearted, until she went to work. Even when deployed, it isn't strict and rigid like basic. (Hell, soldiers bring video games with them to kill free time).

In this case, Check is lying to boost Morale, specifically of Bishop, who is not out of line in Check's eyes, rather just shaken. Replace Bishop with one of Check's old squad, and it would be entirely different, but Check does not see Bishop as a soldier, nor as someone who needs to be talked down to. (Sorry to call out your character revlis, I'm just trying to be a bit more clear).

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Just letting everyone know, I'll be posting a short post right behind Sky, I feel like this needs to be said before everyone responds to the SMACKING!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Again, as far as Check knows, everybody in the room is a civilian. Nobody has really stated otherwise.

Basic training is not actual military life. Basic is intentionally brutal in order to make volunteers more patriotic and obedient (there are some psychological games in basic that are pretty similar to "initiations" done by frats and sororities). After Basic is over, things are still fairly strict, but nearly as brutal. (My experience comes from both parents being military, and living on many, many bases in my life). I actually used to party a lot with one of the Commanding officers (the people who yell at recruits essentially) and she was very kind and warmhearted, until she went to work. Even when deployed, it isn't strict and rigid like basic. (Hell, soldiers bring video games with them to kill free time).
    Ya but this isn't like casual drinking being at home with the fam. This is a military situation. And Ryuko, though doesn't know his name, knows hes a high ranking officer because that's how we were invited to this thing. because we were the "top of our fields". as someone whos affiliated with the military, she can recognise a person when they're soldier like and she's probably seen his face before at one point.

so she's disappointed in him because he's a military officer in a military situation not acting military.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    That was a riveting conversation. I do agree with Yamagi, with so many opinionated people it's going to get hard for them to do anything, hopefully they'll manage to do something before something happens to them...

I do want to chime in on something I saw, remember that a person and their character aren't the same thing. There is a difference and lets do our best to keep that in mind. Just because a character sees something a certain way doesn't mean they're wrong to do so. They don't have the kind of omniscience that we, as RPers, have when it comes to how other character's mindsets, reasonings, etc., so don't knock characters over that. These characters know very little about the others (unless, of course, they knew each other prior to this meeting) so don't assume that they should be able to understand how and why your character is feeling, thinking or why they're doing the actions that they are. I'm sure we all know this but sometimes we all need a refresher.

Aques Keus - Check should know that not everyone in the room is a civilian considering he was invited to a military meeting for members that are top-ranking individuals in their field to discuss war. I get that he doesn't pay attention much to news and things, but the chance that he hasn't heard of any of these people is very slim.

~

Ozymandias - Baratheon, eh? What a lovely surname. Allison seems delightful. I think she'll definitely bring something to the table, especially for the current predicament they're in. Heh, I'm loving all the tidbits about Summer Grove! It's great because that's how I imagine people talking about it. Don't worry about the RP Sample, I think it's fine. Gives me enough of an insight into her personality and that's all I want. 5th best sniper? Wow, she's good, can't wait to see that in action. Lovely SU, so I'm going to say that you're Accepted and with that say that you can either write your first post like everyone else's or you can just start from Allison waking up (late, if you want) since we've kind of moved passed that.

CarefulWetPaint - That background color is absolutely blinding when you have a dark skin. That name tho, how original and thought provoking. Okay, homeboy has a lot of knives... I hope he doesn't cut himself a lot dealing with that. I'm interested in what Mayte is going to think of all these people he's stuck with. Will he stay with them? Or leave them all behind? Whoa, your RP Sample though, that's a good way to have gone about it. Well, since you've done the first half of the first post you might as well put it in your post when you post it as some people don't really read SUs, especially the RP Samples. On to what you really want to hear, denieddenieddenied, (I guess) you're Accepted. Like I said earlier, free feel to have Mayte wake up late or have him been awake the whole time and just watching how everything unfolded. It's ultimately your choice.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    man ozy i still can't believe allison said that. wow she's dead everyone's dead bye everyone.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • The Exalted Ones [OOC + SU] [M]

Lol I think Allie and Ryuko's interactions will be lots of fun! Let's see what being cooped up building things has taught her in fist fighting ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Ahaha, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this. I was hoping not everyone would bow to Ryuko's whim.

Lt. Col. Fantastic - Third time's the charm, eh? But yeah, thanks for making all those changes and doing the improvements and what not, I appreciate it. Getting right to it, you're Accepted. :) As I've said to the last two that got accepted, you can start from where your character wakes up and either have your character wake up later than the others or have seen the whole thing and just not have said or did much. Now, get to posting~

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Hi guys, sorry about the massive wall of text. Also I must apologise for glossing over a few of the interactions but my post was ballooning out like crazy so I tried to keep it a bit shorter, hopefully my writing didn't suffer from it.

Years
  • Hey, so apparently you can't post "links" until you've had fifteen posts, so I guess you won't see what Gale looks like for a while?

She is not the character you'd want to look to if you want calm respectful discussion lol. It does seem like we need someone stable to pull everything together, doesn't it? >.>

Also CarefulWetPaint posted like right when I was fixing mine up. He even took my colour xP

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Hi guys, sorry about the massive wall of text. Also I must apologise for glossing over a few of the interactions but my post was ballooning out like crazy so I tried to keep it a bit shorter, hopefully my writing didn't suffer from it.

Lol well it seems that you misunderstood what my character meant at the end of my post. Instead of agreeing with her she hurls a huge insult towards skymin's character... Kinda trying to stir ♥♥♥♥ up XD sorry if my post didn't indicate that well

Also after reading bitterawarness' post same thing. Allie's not actually making that a suggestion Ryuko hates when people make fun of her Onzor roots or at least that's what i got from Skymin's su, so she's making fun of Ryuko's heritage

Ps. Apologies for typos and bad grammar, i'm on my phone

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm just going to reiterate what I said earlier because this provides an example.

I don't think it's that they misunderstood, it's their character, which is totally fine, not every character is going to get what Allie intentions because, well, they're not in her head. Someone could see it as her trying to show Ryuko what it means to be insulted, some could see it as her being jealous, and some could see it as her taking control. They're (the characters) going to interpret her words differently because y'know that happens sometimes. Misunderstandings and all, but that's part of the character. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Hey, so apparently you can't post "links" until you've had fifteen posts, so I guess you won't see what Gale looks like for a while?

She is not the character you'd want to look to if you want calm respectful discussion lol. It does seem like we need someone stable to pull everything together, doesn't it? >.>

Also CarefulWetPaint posted like right when I was fixing mine up. He even took my colour xP

Hey now, purple is the spies colour :P

Also my bad ozy I was pretty sleepy when I was finishing up my post and read what all it said slightly wrong. I'll just edit it slightly! No harm no foul :P

Last edited:
    Back