• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Speed Open Tournament - Rules and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Don't worry, I'm going to drag him home by his college-loving collar if I have to on Halloween weekend. He'll update everything plus jump into round one of the tournament.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Howdy folks. Good news!

We've decided to start the tournament as soon as we get 50 entrants, regardless of the date. That means we need exactly 10 more entrants, and then we can start this thing! Make sure to spread the word, as this will truly be an event of epic proportions if everyone stays active! There sure is going to be a lot of battling O.O

EDIT: We now have 666 posts. Join or the devil will eat your soul! O.O

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Well, yeah, we might be ;). Provided we get that 10; otherwise, we'll keep the date of the 1st in hand.

Either way, reminder PMs will be sent out next weekend.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Got bored...Made some new supporter banners. I'm cool like that =P

Slap these on the front page when you get a chance Ryan. Kthanx.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Alright guys, looks like we're going to go on being on as the Extreme Speed Open. We'll be starting the tournament earlier than expected on MONDAY, OCTOBER 27th. We'll be sending out notifications for the tournament via PM right away.

Not to worry if you don't have time to battle yet or anything of the like; we're going to have a two week overlap for anyone else to jump into round one action if they'd like to sign up. We're also NOT putting a time cap on round one unless we see a considerable amount of qualifiers in the first two weeks.

So for a heads up, in case I haven't mentioned in, in a field of 40+ entrants, we'll be accepting exactly 16 competitors into round two. DON'T FORGET YOU CAN GET AN EXTRA +2 BP FOR DONATING A PRIZE!! Just PM Aurafire for prize donations.

As for an extra heads up, please, for all of you that read this, note that I WILL NOT BE BATTLING until after the weekend of November 1st. I'm just way too busy. That weekend I'll try to set myself up for some matches and get warmed up, by then feel free to ask for battle requests. Thanks for your patience and understanding, everybody, now let's rip this stadium to shreds.

Years
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out of the tournament. I don't even have a team, but I really wish I could participate. But I'll try for next time!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out of the tournament. I don't even have a team, but I really wish I could participate. But I'll try for next time!

No problem, Mence Master. We'll be looking forward to seeing you for ESO #3!

Anyway, just a head up everyone. World King and I sent out a Mass PM on Thursday reminding you the we're going to be starting on Monday, October 27th. If you haven't already, please make sure you have read all the rules and understand how round one works.

I will be posting the ESO #2 Battle Topic, which is where you will searching for round one battles. More rules will be added there, so make sure your read those as well.

On another, unrelated note, I've added our sponsors and current donations to the bottom of the third post under then entrants. I was really quite surprised at the enthusiasm for our tournament, and as you can see we already have some pretty awesome prizes up for grabs! Be sure to stop by and thank our sponsors for their donations, without whom the ESO would definitely not be what it is now.

So lets start talking this thing up! Remember, you can still join in the fight up to and including all of round one, so it's not too late!

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    And just for an addition to Aura's above post, we'll still be offering sign-ups for ESO#2 through Monday, November 3rd. If you have forum friends or others into battling, tell them to come join! The more battlers we have flocking about here, the better the tournament is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back