• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Famous Elite Four!

Which E4 did you like the most?

• I dislike both sets!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • In every mainstream Pokemon game there has been an Elite Four followed by a final region Champion. With the release of DPPt we saw the birth of an entirely new set of Elite Four members and with thew arrival of the remakes of GSC, HGSS; we were able to rebattle the greats from our Johto journeys.
    The real question here is however,

Which do you prefer? Did the remake of HGSS's Elite Four triumph over Sinnoh's or the other way around? Why? Who did you find the hardest? Were their designs better than the other's? And Elite Memberspeaking; Who was your favourite Elite Four member out of ALL members across both series of games?

In platinum I found the Elite Four to be extremely challenging. Mainly because of the updated pokemon -- an example here would be Aaron's Scizor and Yanmega replacing his former party members of Dustox and Beautifly. I also loved the designs of all rooms, Karen, Bertha and Flint's stood out the most for me however. I also really liked the diversty of types over the two series of games.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked the Sinnoh Elite 4 more than the Johto Elite 4 because the former posed more of a challenge. Lucian was pretty hard for me. The Johto E4, on the other hand, were too easy for me (particularly because I overleveled my Pokemon).

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Johto because of the updated members after the 16th badge.

My favorite Member is Bruno. His training methods and will to win was aw-inspiring.

My least favorite is Karen, I hated that ... ooooh, If only there was a Work Safe word to type on this forum that accurately described her.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Sinnoh's Elite Four posed a tougher challenge for me, mostly of Lucian's Bronzong and Flint's love of Flare Blitz (especially in Platinum). Defensive wise, Bronzong was actually tougher than Karen's Umbreon.

As for which set I liked better, it's more of a toss-up. I rather like both Karen and Lucian, and there was one member of each that I didn't particularly care for (Bruno and Aaron) as well. My favorite out of all of them was probably Lucian because he seemed to me like a suave and sophisticated individual. And he knows how to dress for the occasion.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Which do you prefer?
    I definitely prefer the DPPt Elite Four. They were a lot more challenging and diverse. The HG/SS ones were horrible. Even when they leveled up after defeating all the Kanto gym leaders, the Elite Four of HG/SS were monotype ones, so they still weren't as challenging as the DPPt Elite Four. Yes, I know, the DPPt Elite Four were monotype too, but they did have a number of surprises (Flint's Drifblim, anyone?), and Cynthia wasn't monotype.

Did the remake of HGSS's Elite Four triumph over Sinnoh's or the other way around? Why?
    Sinnoh's Elite Four was still better than Johto's Elite Four for the same reasons I explained above.

Who did you find the hardest? Were their designs better than the other's?
    I remember finding Cynthia a real challenge. Because she wasn't any particular type, it was hard finding the right Pokémon to defeat her with. Overall, I'd say that Sinnoh's Elite Four were harder than Johto's. As for design, Sinnoh's E4 designs trump Johto's. I know they're supposed to be a remake, but Johto's E4 designs are outdated, compared to Sinnoh's E4 designs. Plus, Cynthia looked stunning. <3

And Elite Memberspeaking; Who was your favourite Elite Four member out of ALL members across both series of games?
    CYNTHIA <3
    Does she count? She's a champion, after all. Not really an Elite Four member. Whatever, she's amazing. Her Pokémon, her looks and even the epic battle music that played for her. I don't know if everyone will agree with me, but her battle music ties with Gary's battle music (from FR/LG) as being the best-sounding, IMO.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I have to agree. although a good fire-type will melt him down real well.

On that topic, personally I found Karen's umbreon to be a much larger pain for me. At least with brozong it weakness was a common type, -- even with it being that defensively tough. With Karen's umbreon I found it really hard to dwindle down it's HP. Although I think it's pain split did help, even though it did go against me at some points.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • HGSS's was the easiest, but I prefer it anyway. I didn't like Sinnoh Elite 4's characters, while Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen are just awesome. I also prefer the types combination of Johto's, it's more interesting to my mind. My favourite Elite 4 member among all of them is Karen, I love her team and she does honor to women trainers being the last E4 members, so the strongest we have to fight among all these men. :pink_nod:
    DPP's E4 is pretty boring to my mind. Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian... They're pretty boring characters :/ While I love challenging Johto's Elite four over and over, challenging them just annoys me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    HGSS.
    Simply because I have always had a bad, bad time with DPP's Elite 4.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I liked the Sinnoh elite 4 members more than the HG/SS. I found them a lot harder than the Johto series, usually for the Johto league I'm around level 47, which makes the league easier since the maximum level is 50. The Sinnoh league however is harder, much much harder, Cynthia was so overleveled. :( The remake didn't really do anything for me, Sinnoh still had the best members IMO. And for my favorite it has to be Bertha. She was probably the hardest member for me, and lbr the best OAP ever.

Years
  • HGSS - they've been my favourite Elite Four since Silver. Plus, Karen is my favourite E4 member ever :)

It's a pleasure battling them whereas all I felt was frustration facing Bertha's Quagsire etc lol :)

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Which do you prefer? - I prefer Johto's Elite Four. Their design's has really grown to me since HGSS and they use Pokemon that I really like (Will with Xatu, Koga with Ariados, Bruno with Hitmontop and Karen with Umbreon). In addition, I think part of the reason is because I've been using PC's "The Johto Elite" ever since it came out, which is a pretty cool theme in my opinion.

Who did you find the hardest? - Both Elite Fours have their share of tough members. Lucian and Karen stick out like a sore thumb, with their nice offensive presence (High Crit. Ratio + Amazing coverage Gallade and Nasty Plot Houndoom) and defensive presence (as stated, Bronzong and Umbreon). I think I'm going to have to say Johto's though, as you could potentially be stalled out with the Elite's 3 evasion spammers (Koga's Crobat and Muk and Karen's Umbreon).

Were their designs better than the other's? I support the Johto's Elite Four's designs all the way. Will has that mysterious presence in him, Koga is a ninja, Bruno is like Chuck 2.0 and Karen is just beautiful. The Sinnoh Elite Four, however, had Aaron with that overdone hair, a Ground-typed nicer version of Agatha and a slight resemblance to Will. Though, don't get me wrong though, Flint and Lucian's designs are amazing.

And Elite Memberspeaking; Who was your favourite Elite Four member out of ALL members across both series of games? - This is incredibly though, as my two favorite Elite Four members of all time are Koga and Karen, so I have to decide on one. In the end though, even though Koga uses my favorite type and has an incredible design, I'm going to have to go with Karen, as her infamous post-battle line is extremely touching and is part of the reason why I play the lesser tiers like RU and NU.

Back