• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Father of Ash

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Rukia said:
    I think Giovanni is his father. Ash and Giovanni NEVER had eye-contact, I think the directors did that because Giovanni is Ash's father. :\
    Someone sure forgot about the Myuutwo TV special. Not a word was ever said to eachother about them knowing eachother. There's no proof that Sakaki is Satoshi's father.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Rukia said:
    I think Giovanni is his father. Ash and Giovanni NEVER had eye-contact, I think the directors did that because Giovanni is Ash's father. :\
    Someone sure forgot about the Myuutwo TV special. Not a word was ever said to eachother about them knowing eachother. There's no proof that Sakaki is Satoshi's father.

Neko_Haruko

Insane FANGirl
    Years
    It doesn't seem like Pokemon's style for a villian to be the father of a hero. Too angsty. So for all we know. He could be dead. I mean when you think about it, why wasn't he ever mentioned if not dead? So it is something angsty they want to keep quiet.
    I think in one episode, dunno if it is dub only. But Sato's mom says he traveled the world as a trainer. She says it kinda sadly like. Could it be hinting something really angsty like death?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    No, it was mentioned in the original and there was no sadness in either one. o_O She was simply saying how Satoshi made it to the next town faster than he did and that he'd be proud of Satoshi if he could see him.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Elite Trainer Raven said:

I didn't forget about the mewtwo special. Are you sure gio and ash had contact in the movie. I thought ash & co. were sent to a cell while gio was focusing on make a deal with mewtwo. Oh well, you probably know more about pokemon then I do. :\

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    They escaped and met up with Myuutwo who was trying to endure the pain of the robots while Sakaki taunted him. He was right there in front of them.

Neko_Haruko

Insane FANGirl
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    No, it was mentioned in the original and there was no sadness in either one. o_O She was simply saying how Satoshi made it to the next town faster than he did and that he'd be proud of Satoshi if he could see him.
    I think the scene may from movie three. And the sentance itself seems past tense.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    You must remember that many things were taken out of the American dub if thats what youre basing it on. Remember the old Tentacreul episode? It's now banned b/c of 9/11

Neko_Haruko

Insane FANGirl
    Years
    KuraCottum said:
    You must remember that many things were taken out of the American dub if thats what youre basing it on. Remember the old Tentacreul episode? It's now banned b/c of 9/11
    I know. I was just saying that whatever happened to him is too angsty to say on Pocket monsters. When you think about, they woulfdn't do something like an evil father, and if he ran off, they would have said so by now. So that sorta leans more to death.

OT: I LOVE your avatar. I love Plusle and Minun. ^^

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Neko_Haruko said:
    I think the scene may from movie three. And the sentance itself seems past tense.
    The quote took place ONLY in the first episode. There's no mention of him in any other episode nor in any movie or TV special. And it was past tense because he wasn't there, suggesting he's away from home. o_o It doesn't automatically mean he's dead. This is also supported by how she states how his father traveled, suggesting he's also a trainer.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Yeah, i'm seriously betting Ash's Father is just some unknown trainer who went on a pokemon quest who never came back and rotted in a ditch or is STILL on that adventure.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Basically, his dad has nothing to do with what Ash is doing right now, so I give up. He could've found Missingno and never appeared again and people thought he was still alive or given the illusion he was still alive...lol, i have noooo clue :P

TwIsTeD

im a freak O_x Yeah!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2007
    i think brock is his daddy bc hes a pimp...

Back