• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Oh, and please...if it's not too much trouble, don't give me steel. I just finished the Sinnoh leg of a monotype wth steel...
    Rock, Electric, Steel, Bug, Poison & Water
    I...You...Oh wait, it's Skarmory.

I'm gonna get started soon with Rampardos, Pachirisu, Skarmory, Ledian, Skuntank and Omastar. (I can't believe I'm thinking this, but with my massive fighting and ground weaknesses, Ledian actually may be useful.) I'll probably have to cheat for all except Pachirisu and Cranidos.

Last edited:

MizuNeko

Professional Spaziod
    Years
  • ...sorry, but can I please request a type change? I was half asleep earlier, but since then I've realized that
    1) a team like that would be fun to use at first, but quickly get EXTREMELY annoying to use due to the excessive grinding I would have to do (not all my favorites are that weak), and
    2) other people were making requests in regards to types. If I'd noticed before, I probably would have asked for no Rock- or Ground-types, since I really don't like them in general.

Also, I'd rather not mess up my Platinum game with AR, so I think I'll switch over to Diamond, if that's okay.

Ahaha, sorry...this is sort of embarrassing...

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Hm...how about Dark, Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Fire and Bug?

Argh, I was about to put a smallish update here (up to the first gym) but I just noticed I have an even Trainer ID (In other words, no Skull Fossils) so I'm gonna restart. I'll have an update later.

EDIT: I lost the wild pokemon modifer code I was going to use to get most of my team, and google is for some reason turning up codes which don't work on my copy, so I'd like to switch my game to Diamond.

Last edited:

MizuNeko

Professional Spaziod
    Years
  • Thanks. Okay, so that would be...

Absol, Froslass, Venomoth, Altaria, Flareon, Mothim

Certainly stronger, but not too overpowering. Plus, I can actually catch some of them in-game this time. ^^

I'm busy with schoolwork right now (part of the reason I didn't want to spend too much time grinding, actually) but once I get enough free time, I'll try and update.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    ^ Grass, Fighting, Dark, Bug, Electric and Fire. Enjoy!

All right, so:
    Grass- Breloom
    Fighting- Hitmonchan (since I can't have Breloom on two spots now :P)
    Dark- Sneasel
    Bug- Scyther
    Electric- Jolteon
    Fire- Typhlosion

So, um, how do I get all these dudes? lol

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • User: Rainbow-Sasuke
    Player: Zero
    Game: Pearl
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

Legendaries in faves?: 2

By 7th November(5 days after b-day!)!

So that's what I'm left with. Ok, that's alot 'a cheatin. 4 pokemon that can't be caught in Pearl means for uses of the pokemon modifier code!

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Might as well give this a try,

User: Elarmasecreta
    Player: Chrome
    Version:platinum
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

No legendaries.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Flying, Normal, Water, Electric, Fire & Ground. ^

Thanks for giving me cool types:D, did you randomly pick the types or did you check the list of pokemon I included?

Alright that means my team will become:

1: Flying, Staraptor
    2: Normal, Kangaskhan
    3: Water, Feraligatr
    4: Electric, Mareep
    5: Fire, Charizard
    6: Ground, Phanpy

*sigh* with only staraptor being native to sinnoh, I guess thiss will involve lots of cheatingXD

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Before I start this, I have a couple questions. I guess I'm just having a bad time at reading the instructions;

1. Are you allowed to use codes to get the Pokemon? Such as using a Wild Mod code to get an Altaria in the first route? Or how do you go about getting your whole team?
    2. If you cheat to get them, would all of their starting levels be at 5?

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    ^ I'd assume, and this is just an assumption, that you're allowed to cheat in team members in place of wild pokemon. (based on the fact that you're allowed to trade in your entire team in egg form from the start)
    However, you'd probably have to go with the first stage of the pokemon's evolution (Swablu in your example) and they'd probably start at whatever level the wild pokemon in the area are. Once again, not sure if this is how the rules work, it's just my assumption.

Anyway, update!

-Started the game, chose the female trainer (Not a fan of Lucas' sprite) named myself Tachi and my rival Gav
    -Saw Rowan and Lucas at the lake, cheated Omanyte in place of Piplup (Similar typing, similar getting brutally beaten by Torterra)
    -Recieved not so subtle threats of violence from Lucas, a pokedex from Professor Rowan, and a parcel from Gav's mom...
    -Caught Bidoof and Starly HM slaves, did some grinding (Not fun when the only attack Omanyte has access to is Constrict and all wild pokemon love spamming growl)
    -Headed to Jubilife City.
    -Delivered the parcel, got a town map and TM10
    -Got a piece of machinery designed by someone who can't count to three without help...yep, this'll be real useful.
    -Headed east towards Oreburgh, beat Gav with Omanyte's new Hidden Power (according to my calculations [Super effective vs Turtwig, not very effective vs Shinx] it's a flying type with a decent power.)
    -Avoided most trainer battles on the way to Oreburgh.
    -Reached Oreburgh, was shown the gym by a youngster. Gav was already there.
    -Headed into the mines, got Roark back to the gym
    -Lost to him the first time I fought him...crit headbutt after a screech.
    -After healing up, I headed back to the gym. This time, I had a plan...okay not really, I just had Omanyte spam water gun. She levelled up twice during the fight.
    -Got the Coal Badge

Team:
    138.png

Omanyte Lv.15
    Careful/Swift Swim
    -Water Gun
    -Bite
    -Hidden Power (Flying)
    -Withdraw

*Acquired* Omanyte
    *Catching in-game* Cranidos, Pachirisu, Stunky
    *Cheating in* Skarmory (Somewhere), Ledyba (Eterna Forest)

Mortalis

Years
  • ^ I'd assume, and this is just an assumption, that you're allowed to cheat in team members in place of wild pokemon. (based on the fact that you're allowed to trade in your entire team in egg form from the start)
    However, you'd probably have to go with the first stage of the pokemon's evolution (Swablu in your example) and they'd probably start at whatever level the wild pokemon in the area are. Once again, not sure if this is how the rules work, it's just my assumption.

Awesome, I think I understand now. Thanks!

User: SooperTrooper
    Player: Daelu
    Game: Platinum
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

Legendaries: 3

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    No real update yet but...

^ Have Grass, Dark, Steel, Poison, Bug, Fighting

Also, a quick question before I continue, I just caught two Pachirisus, one has incredible stats (or maybe one has comparatively terrible stats) but it has run away. The other one has pickup. So...any opinions on which one I should use?

Mortalis

Years
  • No real update yet but...

^ Have Grass, Dark, Steel, Poison, Bug, Fighting

Also, a quick question before I continue, I just caught two Pachirisus, one has incredible stats (or maybe one has comparatively terrible stats) but it has run away. The other one has pickup. So...any opinions on which one I should use?

Gee, thanks. That was actually pretty generous, those are good Pokemon. Also, since you need a Pachirisu, I'd take the one with the better stats. You'll probably need it.
    So my team:

389.png
    491.png
    395.png
    24.png
    416.png
    257.png

I'll begin today and post my updates later.
    By the way, one more question; Since I have to cheat in to get Empoleon, do I cheat in a Piplup to raise it?

Last edited:

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • I look on Serebii and found out I can find 5 of the 6 Pokémonon my team, but can I cheat for Spheal, Lapras and Rhyhorn? They can't be caunght untl latrer in the game!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    It seems I misunderstood Syd. SO:

User: Madsen/.Kaiser
    Player: Madsen
    Game: Crystal
    Number of Pokemon(could I use this? 6 is kinda tough.): 4
    Legendaries: Yes

Sorry for the stuff D: Also, when I decide my pokes, how am I going to obtain them?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It seems I misunderstood Syd. SO:

User: Madsen/.Kaiser
    Player: Madsen
    Game: Crystal
    Number of Pokemon(could I use this? 6 is kinda tough.): 4
    Legendaries: Yes

Sorry for the stuff D: Also, when I decide my pokes, how am I going to obtain them?

^ Psychic, Water, Rock, Flying, Dragon & Fire

I think you've gotta have six D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018

^ Psychic, Water, Rock, Flying, Dragon & Fire

I think you've gotta have six D:

Alright. Not TOO big of a problem. But again, how do I obtain my Pokes?

Also:
    1. Starmie
    2. Gyarados
    3. Rhydon
    4. Charizard
    5. Wait a second. Only 4 Dragon pokemon were made up to Gen 2. So, I can't pick my 5th favorite. Can I get a new type just here?
    6. Ninetales

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Wait a second. Only 4 Dragon pokemon were made up to Gen 2. So, I can't pick my 5th favorite. Can I get a new type just here?

Grass. Enjoy! Pretty cool team otherwise.

EDIT: You get your Pokemon however you can. If you can trade them, then trade them as early as possible (preferably as eggs). If you can hack them in, then do so, although the OP may have reservations about how many you can hack in at the beginning. If you can't hack or trade, then you'll just have to catch them normally, which will mean going without a few of them until you can get hold of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back