• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Had some problems with Whitney. My Charmeleon was my last Pokemon and had nine HP when finally I got a Fire Blast in and killed the Miltank in one hit.

Monferno Level 22
    Flame Wheel
    Mach Punch
    Focus Energy
    Ember

Charmeleon Level 23
    Scratch
    Dragon Rage
    Swagger
    Fire Blast

Years
  • I'm getting bored on my current SoulSilver file so I'll try out this challenge after moving everything over tonight.

User: MareBear
    Player: Mary
    Game: SoulSilver
    Favorites: I'll post after I get my team.
    Legendaries in faves?: Nope

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I'm getting bored on my current SoulSilver file so I'll try out this challenge after moving everything over tonight.

User: MareBear
    Player: Mary
    Favorites: I'll post after I get my team.
    Legendaries in faves?: Nope

Fire, Dark, Grass, Ice, Flying, Bug.

Years
  • Fire, Dark, Grass, Ice, Flying, Bug.

That gives me:

Spr_4h_006.png
    Spr_4p_461_m.png
    Spr_4p_407_f.png
    Spr_4h_091.png
    Spr_4p_472.png
    Spr_4p_469.png

Nice team. Pretty big weakness to Fire and Electric types though. However, I should be able to counter it with Cloyster and Gliscor. I'll start working on my team tonight after school.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • When I started my Heartgold up I realized I already had a previous save file on it. Totally forgot about that...Luckily though, I wasn't that far in the game (only at Cherrygrove) so I just kept the save and continued on.
    ...And here's the first update, ladies and gents.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    So I get a Sunflora. Yay!
    Thanks about the Pokemon getting thing. I'll hack in the three that are hardest to get in crystal and catch the others.

Actually, no. I'm gonna do Red INSTEAD of crystal. So it's not a Sunflora - but a Victreebel!

EDIT:
    First update:
    I grinded my Charmander to Lv20 and I'm at the Trainer Pit before Mt. Moon where I'm gonna get a Magikarp.

EDIT:
    Magi got to Lv20 too. I also beat Misty.
    So,

Gyarados, Lv20-21
    ~Bite
    ~Tackle
    ~Splash
    ~Bubblebeam

Charmander, Lv25-26
    ~Mega Punch
    ~Ember
    ~Scratch
    ~Rage

I'm nearing my next team member, Bellsprout. Except I just remembered that Sprout is Blue exclusive, so I'm gonna hack him in.

EDIT:
    Around after Surge, with the following:

Weepinbell, Lv24-25
    ~Cut (accidently deleted Vine Whip)
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Stun Spore
    ~Wrap

Weepinbell is doing quite good. Even without Vine Whip, it's Stun Spore+Wrap combo can kill anything.

Gyarados, Lv28-29
    ~Bubblebeam
    ~Tackle
    ~Bite
    ~Dragon Rage

Gyara is beast, period. He OHKO's everything!

Charmander, Lv30
    ~Ember
    ~Scratch
    ~Mega Punch
    ~Rest

I taught him Rest because there were some really close calls on the SS Anne after Weep and Gyara died.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm terribly sorry for not posting an update in so long, but I honestly cannot keep up with all the challenges I'm doing. I'm going to drop this challenge and restart it later on when I have the time for it. Once again, I'm really sorry. :( I hate having to drop challenges, lol. But I will try to do another one when I find myself swimming in free time.

Years
  • So, since most of my team can't be obtained until after the real game, I'm going to have to hack them in or trade in eggs. My plan is to trade/hack them in at a set level going from weakest to strongest (besides my starter) base stats at random points in my game. If this is against the rules or anything, just tell me and I'll figure out another way to get them in before beating Red.

Anyway, onto the start of my journey!

User Name: MareBear
    Trainer: Mary
    Time on Game: 6:40

Badges:
    ZephyrBadge.png
    HiveBadge.png
    plainbadge.png

• Started my game. Named myself Mary and did the introduction stuff.
    • Chose Totodile as my starter and beat my rival, who I named Silver, easily.
    • Finished the introduction tutorials and brought in my first team member, a level 5 Charmander named Blaze, after obtaining the PokeBalls from Ethan.
    • Left New Bark Town for CherryGrove and beat the trainers on Route 30.
    • Arrived at Violet City and obtained the second member of my team Juliette, a level 5 Roselia.
    • Finished the side quests in Violet City and headed for the Sprout Tower.
    • Leveled up my team in the Sprout Tower to around level 11-13 and completed it easily with Blaze and Juliette in tow.
    • Beat Falkner for the Zephyr badge. The first two trainers went down without much of a fight. Falkner's Pidgey fell thanks to Juliette's Poison Sting then she was able to paralyze Pidgeotto before I switched out to Blaze, who finished him off with a few Embers.
    • Received the call from Prof. Elm and grabbed the Egg from his assistant at the PokeMart.
    • Caught a Geodude as one of my HM Slaves. Totodile will probably end up being my other one.
    • Blaze evolved into a Charmeleon on the way to Azalea Town.
    • Made it through Union Cave to Azalea Town and met Kurt.
    • Defeated Team Rocket and Proton in the Slowpoke Well without the help of Kurt.
    • Brought in my third team member, Rue the level 10 Sneasel. She's the last team member I'll bring in for awhile 'cause it will definitely be easier to raise three members instead of six now.
    • Trained Rue to level 16 to take on Bugsy and the Azalea Gym.
    • Took down the trainers in the gym then healed before taking on Bugsy. Blaze took out his Scyther with an Ember and Dragon Rage then Rue finished his Metapod and Kakuna by spamming Faint Attack.
    • Beat Silver easily with Blaze and Juliette doing most of the work on taking out his team and it didn't take long for them to take him out.
    • Did the mini-quest in Ilex Forest before passing through there easily while helping out the Kimono Girl in the process.
    • Beat all the trainers on Route 34 and talked to Ethan and his grandparents, the Day Care People. The conversation they have always makes me laugh. ANYWAY, I received their numbers and stuff before heading out to Goldenrod City.
    • Completed all of the small side tasks in Goldenrod like obtaining the Fashion Case, Coin Case, Radio Card, and Bicycle. Also, I took a trip to the Department Store and collected the items in the basement and I also bought a few as well.
    • I finally headed for the gym with Blaze, Juliette, and Rue with me. I beat the trainers there with ease then I went back to heal up before taking on Whitney for the Plain Badge. She wasn't that difficult, honestly, and thanks to all of my team, I was able to beat her. Juliette took down her Clefairy with one Magical Leaf and Rue and Blaze finished her Miltank with Faint Attack and Dragon Rage respectively.
    • After obtaining the Plain Badge, I finished everything in Goldenrod before heading out for Route 35.
    • So, I didn't realize that I could find Yanma before the Elite Four and I accidentally stumbled upon one when battling the trainers on Route 35. However, I caught him and I now have the 4th member of my team, Apollo the Yanma.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

electrifuzz

This sounds like fun, i might give it a shot.
    User: electrifuzz
    Player: David
    Game: Pearl
    Favorites: I'd type them out if i felt like it.

Years
  • I'm not going to put up bullet points anymore since it takes up a ton of time but I'll still do a short, sweet, and to the point summary before getting on with my team.

User Name
    : MareBear
    Time on Game: 14:31

Badges:
    ZephyrBadge.png
    HiveBadge.png
    plainbadge.png
    fogbadge.png
    stormbadge.png
    mineralbadge.png

Shortly after obtaining and training Apollo, I took on the Ecruteak gym and won with all of the team helping out. I needed a Surfer so I got my 5th team member, Caspian the Shellder, before moving on to Olivine and the Lighthouse. At Cianwood's Gym, Juliette and Caspian were the MVPs of the match. Now, I'm training my team outside of the Safari Zone before taking on Jasmine at the Olivine Gym. I've also obtained all of the necessary items to evolve four members of my team and I just evolved Caspian into a Cloyster as well. I also evolved Rue as well so I could get Night Slash, which Weavile learns at level 35, over Slash that Sneasel learns at level 35. After training my team to level 30-32, I faced Jasmine and won in a surprisingly easy battle, with Blaze and Caspian doing the work.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

electrifuzz

Charizard, Scizor, Dugtrio, Lanturn, Dragonair, and Roserade.
    I had pictures and everything, but then I realized that I need 15 posts to post pictures... ah well. Well I like my team, except for the fact that Dragonair is NFE, but that's part of the fun isn't it? I think I'll start soon, or at least once i can gather all of my team.

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I'm joining
    Name: Saiddun Uzkha
    Game: Diamond
    Number of types: 6
    Can I please have water? and maybe Dragon....

Years
  • I'm joining
    Name: Saiddun Uzkha
    Game: Diamond
    Number of types: 6
    Can I please have water? and maybe Dragon....

You can have Water, Dark, Psychic, Rock, Dragon, and Fighting

User Name
    : MareBear
    Time on Game: 21:30

Badges:
    ZephyrBadge.png
    HiveBadge.png
    plainbadge.png
    fogbadge.png
    stormbadge.png
    mineralbadge.png
    glacierbadge.png

After the battle with Jasmine, we made our way to Mahogany Town by way of Mt. Mortar while picking up items and training a bit. When we got to Mahogany Town, we went to the Lake of Rage and after obtaining all of the items around the outside of the lake, we battled and defeated the Red Gyarados, earning us the Red Scale. After seeing Lance, we tagged up to fight Team Rocket in their hideout under the Souvenir Shop. Everyone gained a few levels during our raid and soon, my team took down Petrel and Ariana and chased them out of the hideout.

Soon after, we took on the gym and Pryce for our 7th badge. Apollo finally evolved into Yanmega so now half of my team is complete. Juliette and Blaze took down his first two Pokemon while Caspian and Rue helped take out his Dewgong. Once he was down, we obtained our 7th badge, with only 1 more to go before the Elite Four! Once defeating Pryce, we got the call from Professor Elm that Team Rocket was took over the Radio Tower so we headed over to Goldenrod City. After attempting to infiltrate the Radio Tower as a Team Rocket member but failing because of Silver, we beat Petrel with a big help from all of the team. Before continuing, I decided to bring in my 6th and last team member, a level 20 Gligar named Terra. I brought her in because my team was getting up in levels and since I needed my last team member, I thought it would be best.

Then, I continued on my quest to save the Director and finish Team Rocket once and for all! I beat Silver in a semi-tough battle that Blaze, Caspian, and Rue really took the cake with. After beating Silver, I rescued the Director and obtained the Card Key for the Radio Tower. Proton and Ariana fell easily to my team and after healing up, we took on Archer. Apollo took care of his Houndour and Caspian finished off his Houndoom and Koffing. With that victory, my team and I were able to officially disband Team Rocket once and for all and the Director thanked us by giving us the Silver Wing.

My team departed back to Mahogany Town, where we then headed for Blackthorn City. On the way, Terra evolved into Gliscor and Blaze into Charizard, leaving only Juliette the last member of my team left to evolve.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I got Vapoeon, Absol, Gallade, Rhydon, Garchomp, and Gallade was my 6th fav fighting so I'll use 5th Heracross

electrifuzz

Alright, so I completely forgot about updating, so I guess I'll start from the last gym I defeated, allowing all but one of my pokemon to obey me. (man, that was tough)

First Update:
    • Finally defeated Gardenia with Mercury, it was quite a tough battle, one at which I failed multiple times.
    • Headed down cycling road, training everyone up to Mercury's level, which was much higher than the rest after pretty much soloing Gardenia.
    • Defeated all of the trainers before Mt. Coronet, leveling everyone up some more.
    • Headed through and had a chat with Cyrus.
    • Talked to my mom about contests, and headed east to Solaceon town!

Current Team

Budew (Forgot to nickname her when she was caught)
    Level 22
    Mega Drain
    Absorb
    Stun Spore
    Grass Knot

Zeus (Dratini)
    Level 22
    ExtremeSpeed
    Thunder Wave
    Slam
    Dragon Rage

Jasmine (Chinchou)
    Level 22
    Water Gun
    Spark
    Thunder Wave
    Confuse Ray

Thalia (Diglett)
    Level 22
    Mud Bomb
    Scratch
    Dig
    Magnitude

Mercury (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    Ember
    Scratch
    Dragon Rage
    SmokeScreen

And my final pokemon is Bidoof, an hm slave that is only temporary, i'll replace him with my boxed Scizor when their levels match up. And I will also have pictures of the pokemon on my team in the future, once I have made 15 posts.

Years
  • User Name: MareBear
    Time on Game: 25:32

Badges:
    ZephyrBadge.png
    HiveBadge.png
    plainbadge.png
    fogbadge.png
    stormbadge.png
    mineralbadge.png
    glacierbadge.png
    RisingBadge.png

My team and I headed for Blackthorn City by way of the Ice Path. When we got to Blackthorn, I spent a good amount of time training my team of the upcoming battle with Clair and teaching them new moves. Soon, my team was ready to take on Clair after training on Routes 45 & 46 and in the Ice Path. Once the trainers were out of the way, only Clair stood in our way from obtaining all 8 Johto badges.

Clair was by far the toughest of the Gym leaders and thanks to combined efforts from Apollo, Caspian, Rue, and Blaze, we beat her but didn't earn the rights to our 8th badge. However, after passing the Elder's test in the Dragon's Den, we obtained our last gym badge. Once out of the Dragon's Den, we got the call from Professor Elm and we went back to get the Master Ball from him. After that, we flew to Ecruteak to face the Kimono Girls. Thankfully, I was around the same level they were and I had advantages to all of their Pokemon so they went down, but not without a fight.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Well, tbh this looks one of the least-limiting and funnest challenges around! I can't survive mono-typing...I did LeafGreen Flying-type monotype once....and tbh I just ditched Pidgeot and ended up with a dragon team of Dragonite / Aerodactyl / Charizard / Gyarados xD

So, here's my sign-up........and yeah, no Gen I/II pokémon here....that's for HeartGold xD
    You may think "they're not all his favourites", but there are very few pokémon I dislike, and they've been excluded from the 102 listed below. Oh, but the Bug-type has been excluded as there're very few bug pokémon I like, and I've used them loads....

Btw, please, feel free to look at my favourites....but try to choose it so I only have up to 3 un-evolved pokémon...and only one out of each evolutionary family...

User: Amore
    Player: --- (Not sure yet)
    Game: Platinum
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

Legendaries in faves? Yes (3)(2x Giratina)

Last edited:

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    User: mal'akh
    Player: Dusty
    Game: HG
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

Legendaries in faves?: Yes (5)

I'll have to cheat for some of the Pokemon depending on the types assigned to me.

Amore
    : Take Fighting, Ice, Bug, Fire, Normal, and Rock.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back