• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    sorry, I always forgot to update my challenge... but I beat it and wanna see what team I'd get if I did it again. Do I have to to the sign-up thingy again to do it again?

Nah I'll give you some types. Poison, Ground, Steel, Fire, Water, Psychic.

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
    Years
  • looks like my new team is: Drapion(W00T!!!), Gliscor(BOOYAH!), Aggron(some other cheer!), TYPHLOSION FTW, Gyarados(yay!), and Gardevoir(...I've gotten worse)

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Since I haven't posted in a LONG time, I'll just make it official and drop the challenge.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Lets see... I'll do HG then.
    Username: Solarowl
    Player: Grey
    Game:HG
    Favorites: I'll only say this. Please make me have at least a ghost type.You don't have to, but I would like if you chose it. It will be the same pokemon as my avatar.

For Arnold: Poison, Rock, Bug, Water, Steel, and Dragon

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Ghost, Fire, Fighting, Ice, Grass, Electric

User: BaconBoy914
    Player: Flicker
    Game: FireRed
    Favourites: If someone could pick 5, that'd be great. I'm going to choose Bulbasaur as my starter, and that's final. So yeah, please don't give me grass :)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Ah so no grass and 5? THen take fighting, steel, bug, ground, and water.

ANd my team has become:
    1. Dusknoir
    2. CHarizard
    3. gallade YES!
    4.Weavile
    5. Sceptile
    6. Magnezone!
    thats my team!
    I will start today and i will use a rom because I do not want to start over my current games. Is it ok if I cheat to get some pokemon? But i will get them at level 5.
    EDIT: NVM. My No$GBA isn;t working with HG so I'll just wait for my friend to get his HG back so I can try it there.

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Update Three: to Eterna!

"We need the honey! With it, we will gather Pokemon in great numbers!"
    "...you realize how crazy you sound, right?"

After being stopped by a pair of twins near where I last left off, I made it into Floroma Town. It's really quite nice here.
    The flowers give the place a really relaxing atmosphere. There's a meadow to the north of town, but there're two weird
    looking space men blocking the entrance, so I guess I can't go there right now....

I found a flower shop in town where some lady gave me a watering can that looks like a Psyduck. Awesome. She told me
    I'm supposed to water plants with it. Awesome. Definately part of the job description for 'Pokemon trainer'.

I heal up at the Pokemon Centre and head to the route south of town once more to train a little bit. Nidoran's getting
    behind, but she's just as stubborn and disobedient as Vulpix. Except that she lacks the mighty level of eighteen that Vulpix
    has already obtained. Oh well. Onix got some training, too, so she's catching up slowly but surely. And Nidoran's now
    around level fourteen. I think she'll evolve soon!

After healing and going back to the route and back several times, I feel safe enough to venture to the west of this so far
    uneventful town. On the route, I meet this little girl who says something about 'Windworks', 'Team Galactic', and her father.
    Trouble's a brewing; I can smell it. There's more of those weird spacemen blocking the route north! I guess I'll have to
    continue west....

It's a dead end. There's just some building whose entrance is blocked by a spaceman. You know what, I'm going to go talk
    to him, see what's up. I got a journey to be on, after all. Well, this fine gentleman turns out to be all but friendly and I stomp
    him in a battle. Turns out he's from this Team Galactic. The coward runs into the building he's guarding and locks it from the
    inside, but not before telling me his two buddies in the meadow have the other key. Stupid grunt.

So, I head off to the meadow, where I meet Galactic grunts #715 and #419. They're saying some weird nonsense about
    honey and using it to attract Pokemon. Anyway, I decide to be annoying and interupt their intimidation of some guy. Of
    course, they decide to each have a separate battle with me, during which my mighty team of Pokemon thrashes them as
    ruthlessly as I thrashed their buddy. They run off after their lesson, leaving the key behind, which the grateful honey man lets
    me have.

After healing up at the Pokemon Centre, it's back to the Windworks again. The first grunt I beat up met is waiting just
    inside the door. He freaks out and runs, shouting something about alerting the commander. Great. Two more grunts, and
    Nidoran is now a rather unruly Nidorina and Vulpix decided to take a nap and actually fell asleep during battle. Awesome.
    At least Larvitar likes me, right? No, his level's getting too high now as well, so he's starting to not obey me. So sad.

So I finally meet this Galactic Commander whose named after one of the planets (like I bother to pay attention to some
    idiot I'll probably never see again...right?). She's a little bit tougher than the grunts, but I thrash her quite throughoughly, too.
    She runs, and father and daughter are reunited once more. The little girl mentions something about a balloon Pokemon
    coming to visit. I wonder what that is.

Now that Galactic has cleared out, I'm finally able to head north. After beating up several trainers and getting some decent
    experience for everyone except Vulpix (since she's pretty strong already), I came upon a forest. It doesn't look like it could be
    that bad. Right after I enter, this lady approaches me and asks me to help her through the forest. In return, she'll keep my
    Pokemon healthy during our journey. Sweet! No need to go to a Pokemon Centre every other battle because Nidorina
    ignored my orders to death! Larvitar and Onix are having a field day in this forest; I never realized that rock is strong against
    bug! At least, I'm pretty sure that's why I'm OHKO-ing these Wurmples with supereffective Rock Slides and stuff. Either way, this
    place is great for training them. All the trainers here are paired up for double battles, so I get to battle alongside my
    companion. She has a Chansey! I want! I'll just have to be patient and wait until I can get one.

Finally free of the forest and my Chansey-owning companion, I make it to Eterna, where I notice a bunch of Galactic grunts
    wandering around. They aren't up to any battles, which is depressing. I talk to this one guy who tells me to do some stuff in
    the Underground, where I happen to find a Fire Stone during my adventures. I guess that's pretty awesome; I can use it to
    evolve Vulpix later, after she's learned flamethrower. After a while, I decide to investigate the gym, where I'm sure I'm about
    to get thrashes around, considering half of my team is weak to grass. Towards the idea of lessening that ratio, I withdraw my
    Dratini I'd been leaving in the PC finally. I feel pretty justified in using her, since the only Pokemon I have below her level is
    Larvitar, and the difference is only one. Hopefully, her dragon typing will help me find a way to endure long enough to take
    out this gym and get the awesome badge that'll make my Pokemon obey once more, at least, for a while.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this blond woman I ran into! She just came out of nowhere when I decided to investigate the
    north side of town. Said her name was Cynthia, I think, and that she was a trainer. And she gave me an HM. Awesome.

Current Pokemon:

dpffa037.png
    dpffa095.png
    dpffa030.png
    dpmfa246.png
    dpffa147.png

|| Vulpix || Onix || Nidorina || Larvitar || Dratini ||
    || Level 18 || Level 18 || Level 17 || Level 15 || Level 16 ||
    || Female || Female || Female || Male || Female ||

Last edited:

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Hmm, I really limited myself by choosing FireRed for this, so I'll do it with Diamond instead.

So if someone could give me 6 types, that'd be wicked awesome ;)

Unless I can choose six types myslef, then I'll choose: Grass, Fire, Water, Fighting, Ground, and Flying.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Hmm, I really limited myself by choosing FireRed for this, so I'll do it with Diamond instead.

So if someone could give me 6 types, that'd be wicked awesome ;)

Unless I can choose six types myslef, then I'll choose: Grass, Fire, Water, Fighting, Ground, and Flying.

We give you the types. Otherwise, you'd be able to set you're own team all too easily, and where's the challenge in that? (:
    Hmm...should I wait for someone else to apply, as that's who's actually supposed to choose for you, or should I go ahead and choose some?
    Well, so you don't have to wait a lot, if no one else applys by the time you read this, good ahead and take: Steel, Water, Psychic, Flying, Rock, and Electric.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    *Dreads* OK. Let's see ...

So it's:

Metagross (Steel)
    Poliwrath (Water)
    Claydol (Psychic)
    Charizard (Flying)
    Tyranitar (Rock)
    Lanturn (Electric)

This could take a while to get together...

Kaly

Pretty Nifty XD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    This looks like a lot of fun, sign me up :D

User: Kaly
    Player: Kaly
    Game: Either Platinum or Diamond (if i bother to move all my important pokemon off my game cartridge, I'll use Platinum)
    Favorites: I like fire types and special attackers. As for the list, that's a secret.
    Legendaries in faves?: Nope

Looks like no one needs me to assign their types, so I think I'm good to go.

I'll start tonight, if I can.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    This looks like a lot of fun, sign me up :D

User: Kaly
    Player: Kaly
    Game: Either Platinum or Diamond (if i bother to move all my important pokemon off my game cartridge, I'll use Platinum)
    Favorites: I like fire types and special attackers. As for the list, that's a secret.
    Legendaries in faves?: Nope

Looks like no one needs me to assign their types, so I think I'm good to go.

I'll start tonight, if I can.

You may have Grass, Steel, Dark, Fighting, Ice and Fire.

Enjoy!

Kaly

Pretty Nifty XD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Thanks Sammu!

Alrighty that leaves me with...

Grovyle
    Skarmory
    Honchkrow
    Riolu
    Lapras
    Ninetales

Not too bad, in all actuality. Though i do have a bit of a weakness to electric... But I suppose Riolu could be my biggest liability, considering it's NFE. Meh, whatever xD

If memory serves, I'll need to trade over eggs for everyone except for Honchkrow and Riolu...

I'll begin on Platinum and update around the first badge or so.

ChaoticArchon

The First Generation Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Okay... I'll do this.

Game Name: Chaos
    Game: G/S/C or FireRed depending on Pokemon chosen.

My favorite types are Rock, Water, and Grass, but you can deal with my future however you like.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Okay... I'll do this.

Game Name: Chaos
    Game: G/S/C or FireRed depending on Pokemon chosen.

My favorite types are Rock, Water, and Grass, but you can deal with my future however you like.

You can have... Fighting, Rock, Poison, Grass, Electric, Water.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    User: Massai
    Player: Will pick one when I start it.
    Game: Soul Silver

Toss me some types. I have work today, but I'll breed and trade by Monday at the latest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back