• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Feel Good Music Playlist

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • So over the last few days I've been noticing some of my friends have been suffering from depression lately, and I personally wanted to do something about that. For me, I've always thought that music was a great tool in curing depression, and for some reason I've felt that it can stimulate happy emotions and reverse such sadness.

Collaborating together, I think it would be a pretty cool idea to create a playlist for people to come to when they're feeling bad and listen to music that would overall create a stimulating experience for them and help them through their difficult times. What music do you listen to make yourself feel better when times are tough? Post it here as if it helps you, it most likely will help someone else!

I just recently bought Eric Hutchinson's new album, Pure Fiction, and I am absolutely in love with this song entitled "Tell The World." It has such an upbeat feeling to it that I think it would be a great song for anyone to listen to when they're feeling down:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ah man that's going on my playlist holy man thank you. <3 I'm probably going to be fairly predictable here but Odds Are by the Barenaked Ladies has been my go-to comfort song for a while now. It's sweet and catchy and just... reminds you that things are probably gonna be okay. :3

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Ahhh, The Bare Naked Ladies <3 I remember when Rooster Teeth released that video and I was absolutely in love with it at first site. Definitely a great song to listen to Aquacorde, I need to look into the rest of their album as they're such a great band.

Here's another one for y'all, Michael Franti's "I'm Alive." You could technically go with anything by him really, but this song just has a special place in my heart because one of my friends had shown it to me when I was feeling bad not long ago. Which was great, because I was already a big fan of Michael Franti and I had no idea that he was coming out with a new album!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I grew up with BNL haha. One of my mom's fav bands actually. :D I was totally stunned when I found out they've collaborated with RT~

HEY NOW I actually was going to put that up next what the heck?? I've got a few of his songs on my list and just. Feel goods everywhere.

I'm gonna throw in The Middle by Jimmy Eat World. <3 I'd heard it a few times as a kid on the radio but never paid attention to it till I played it on Guitar Hero or something and it's just a nice thing to hear really. :3 Lyric vid bc music video is questionable lol

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I am sorry I have nothing amazing like an uplifting song or anything but...this piece here is what I listen to sometimes. Has a calm feeling to it - makes me feel good when I'm down. No vocals, just music. <3

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Dante that song is super groovy, I could totally picture myself just lying on the grass int he middle of the night and stare at the stars listening to that song. Definitely clenches the strings of the heart if you ask me.

Oh wow that song brings back memories Aquacorde, my pops used to play Jimmy Eat World when I was little, so that song is very nostalgia filled for me. I'm surprised you haven't posted this song yet though Aquacorde, as it fits so perfectly with this subject matter (and it's the theme behind your title/signature to boot!)

Hedley's "Anything" is an anthem to have people disregard the system put in place by society and have you follow your dreams no matter what. That's actually part of the reason why I changed college majors <3 Disregard the randomness of the music video everyone, and the song starts at 0:30 if anyone wants to skip the monologue:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Dero I love it. Like I tend to go in for the upbeat pop/rock but that's a really chill listen.

elheroe shhhh I would have. Because that currently is my anthem haha. So good, so positive, a little rebellious but in a way that's beneficial to you as an individual. Also firmly associated with RT in my mind because of Deductism :P

Let's get On Top Of The World in there as well, then. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can't talk about feel good songs without Citizen Cope's Son's Gonna Rise. A friend of mine sent me this and it just always puts me in a good mood. I never really skip it when I put my phone on shuffle either. It's just too good. I wish I could find a physical album of this because if this one song is anything to go by, then the rest of the album must be amazing as well.

In a mile, you'll be feelin' fine.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • OK Go has always had a knack of putting a smile on my face with their music. Maybe not necessarily the rhythmic beats of their music specifically, but more directed towards their music videos. They always seem to make their videos really unique in one aspect or another, and throw in a twist of humor as well. One of my favorite videos, White Knuckles, really cheers me up because they include one of the greatest animals ever in them...dogs! ;D

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • This is my ultimate feel-good song; just has such a calming, joyful rhythm to it. A little different to everything that's been posted so far but ya know, it's pretty easy to get in to.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I won't lie, at first I was pretty skeptical of a metal song being uplifting - I'm just not really into metal to be honest - but that was actually a really good song!! It's almost like a song you'd play during a montage where a person is making a comeback and is improving themself to be the best you know?

Going a little mainstream now, you can always go with Macklemore's "Can't Hold Us." I've always used this song to help motivate myself when it comes to being physically fit, and I believe that it could also be used to pick someone back up. It's got a pretty upbeat tempo and when the chorus breaks, it actually has a pretty motivational message.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I legitimately do not understand how our feel-good songs are this similar oh my god.

A little bit more on the relaxing and comforting side, though- John Mellencamp's Your Life Is Now. It's just a reminder that you're in control of your life, and not to worry too much about the past because it's what's happening in the moment that's important.

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    Something about this song is so magical and uplifting to me...

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Another song from the same band that I posted earlier on; this time it's the female part of the trio singing. It's majestic, trust me. If this doesn't keep a smile in your face I don't know what will.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I feel like reviving this because I still believe this has a lot of potential!

A personal favorite of mine, Matt & Kim's "Daylight." You'll understand why just after listening to the song's first seconds.

Back