• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The first generation was much cooler than the new ones!"

What was the coolest generation?(Multiple Choice)

• Generation I

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Generation II

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Generation III

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
Years
  • did you just call someone too young to experience pokemon -.-" ITS MADE FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!! (Im not afraid to admit it...) I was about 7 when i played pokemon yellow (my first ever game) and i loved it!
    Lmao! Of Course not! Nobody is too young or old to experience it. I meant he and maybe you too were a little too young to remeber it when it was just starting to get popular in 1998.

But to be honest...the graphics were horrible... think how much more of a phenomenon Pokemon would be back then if they released diamond and pearl instead XD GAME ON THE CENTURY!!!!
    Of Course they were horrible. Red and Blue were made in 1996 and released in America in 1998 for Gameboy. There were no DS or PSP back then.

i think people just like gen 1 because it was the first gen... nostalgia... people need to get up outta that rock they have been living under playing pokemon red and wake up and smell the fresh air...
    No its not because of nostalgia, its because the games, the anime, the cards, everything was original. When GSC was released they made the games better and original by adding a day/night system, cell phone, radio, better graphics, moving sprites, plus kept kanto in the game. No other game at the time had it. In R/S they took a step back. There was none of that. The only thing it had was better graphics but that was because it was made years later for gba. There was nothing original except the whole under water thing, which wasn't that great. The Pokemon simply weren't that interesting either except for a hand full. Gen 4 is OK, besides wifi, nothing really groundbreaking. I live under the red and blue rock because theres nothing fresh to smell, just reused material!

Also...
    THEY DID NOT REMOVE THE TIME SYSTEM IN RUBY AND SAPPHIRE!!!!!!!!!! Goto gamestation and go buy a gameboy advance for £5.00 and play ruby version.... -.-"
    They removed the time system in firered and leafgreen though.. so why dont you hate on those games then XD... (No you people wouldnt because you love kanto...) Also... i kinda liked ruby and sapphire... they are my favourite pokemon games... (i dont care what you people think :\) another thing... johto is realy the most forgetable region in my opinion (well excusing hg/ss) :\
    I have a gba and ruby. No they didn't, but there is no day/night, no week days, no real time based events except growing berries(yay..). I don't hate on FR LG because those are remakes of the original games, not brand new games. I don't think Johto is the most forgettable. there's plenty of memorable places like golden rod, lake of rage, tin tower...etc. In Gen 3 i don't even remeber the towns names.

sorry if it seems im having ago at you im realy having ago at all those people still living under a rock...:\
    lol its cool! this is a debate!
    "The first generation was much cooler than the new ones!"
    that's what this thread is for. I apoligize to for having ago at you too or anybody else.

I think the reason you people hate gen 3 and 4 is well because... your growing up and growing out of pokemon (you people will always remember red and blue... and dont wanna make space for gen 3 and 4...) I recommend going to therapists...
    im gonna say this again...
    Nah, not really. I kinda of liked gen 3 and 4, but like I said there is really nothing original about them, and i got them all when they were first released. Thats why im not big fans like some of you. When you played RBY when they were first released, you expected the next games to be better, and GSC were. But when RSE were released i felt it wasn't better because there was nothing really new.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Gen 1 is the best and will always be the best. If it wasn't for it, there wouldn't be gen 2,3,4. Sorry mattman324 but you were too young to experince pokemon in its hey day. Back in 1999 I was 9 years old and Pokemon was a world phenomenon, there was nothing like it. I used to carry my game boy with yellow version, and my folder with all my Pokemon cards everywhere with me and it was normal. Nowadays you would look weird. Gen 1 at the time was something nobody had ever seen or experienced before. Its easy to look back and say "wow those games have bad graphics and have a lot of mistakes", but at the time those were the best hand held games out there. Gen 2 expanded and made things better. It introduced even more cooler memorable Pokemon. The GS games were the first to have a time system, something that no other game had at the time.

Gen 3 took a huge step back. They removed the time system in RS games. The region in RS was probably the most forgettable region in all the gens. They made some really dumb useless Pokemon. They anime sucked. It was a reason why a lot of people started loosing interest in Pokemon. Gen 4 was a little better but still made to many dumb Pokemon and to many legendaries.

So you can't enjoy pokemon when you are 4 years old? Cause I most certainly did. It's just that they keep getting better.

(for the bold part) Exactly! AT THE TIME! At the time =/= now.

...and do you think everyone liked the time system? It was only really used for a few wild pokemon, 1 crystal only battle (against a Meowth.), and Eevee's evolving. Oh, by the way: RSE HAD CLOCKS/A TIME SYSTEM! (Why do people forget that? Nevermind, the tinted nostalgia glasses). And again, "Dumb useless pokemon" include Gastly, Koffing, and almost every legendary.

Oh, by the way, I told you all not to get me started on legendaries. You did. RANT TIME!

People always complain about newer legendaries. Either there's to many of them, or they are (particularly Heatran) useless. Well, how's this: Nintendo has SPECIFICALLY ANNOUNCED that they already have many legendary ideas for future generations. As in, they came up with what the legendaries are.

And as for them being useless? Well, besides Deoxys and Heatran (and I'm a bit hesitant for Deoxys), they all have a job. Thus, they are not useless. So you complain about Heatran. Well then, why not do a thourogh job and complain about:

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi. (that's all legendaries of gen 1 and 2 except for Mew and Mewtwo: they are the creators of life and the Ultamate pokemon [besides the literal god Arceus])

Because I'd be darned if you can find out what the point of ANY of those are except for "OOOOO, I'm a big, scary, legendary, you can't catch me! There's only one of me, so you better not mess up!"

I think that should be it. And judging by the looks of this thread, it isn't. It never will be.

EDIT: And, for your knowlage, besides being filled with water, Hoenn was almost exactly like Kanto. Don't believe me? Look at the maps.

Last edited:

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    What really bugs me is when people say things like "Any pokemon other then the original 151 are dumb". That just gets me mad. I love new Pokemon. I remember when I first heard about the 3rd gen on some commercial about the cards, and I was so excited! I still google '5th gen Pokemon' everyday and I probably will whenever it crosses my mind.

Another thing that bugs me is people and Nostalgia. I know the feeling, and I've had it before. Like you see something you haven't seen in a long time, and it makes you happy, but a little sad at the same time.
    But with Pokemon, it's just not like that for me. The new games are great. They introduce new features, and make the game more fun, or more useless, like Contests. Just kidding.

What I really want to know is if people would still want to be playing Pokemon games today with the original graphics, mechanics, and music. I think it would be boring.

ONE MORE THING, the music. I always see threads about Music in pokemon games. Am I one of the only people who don't listen to the battle music? or listen to the music in cities or towns because I'm too busy playing the game?
    K, now I'm done.

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
    Years
  • So you can't enjoy pokemon when you are 4 years old? Cause I most certainly did. It's just that they keep getting better.
    Not saying that but i dont know about you but at 4 years old i couldn't read let alone play a game like pokemon and enjoy it.

(for the bold part) Exactly! AT THE TIME! At the time =/= now
    Yes those were probably the best handheld games at the time. When Ruby and Sapphire were released they werent the best gba game that's for sure.

...and do you think everyone liked the time system? It was only really used for a few wild pokemon, 1 crystal only battle (against a Meowth.), and Eevee's evolving.
    Yes I do and they must of if they decided to bring it back into DP. Like i said if you were old enough then you would know that GS were the first hand held games to actually have REAL time. It was also used for bug catching contest, radio contest, certain events like the ship, catching Pokemon like lapras on Fridays, they cleafairy mt. moon dance thing... there was a lot of things it was used for.

RSE HAD CLOCKS/A TIME SYSTEM! (Why do people forget that? Nevermind, the tinted nostalgia glasses)
    Because you didn't know there was time. The only way to know is by checking your berries...thats pretty lame.

And again, "Dumb useless pokemon" include Gastly, Koffing, and almost every legendary.
    Well if there useless the why are you saying that arent.
    And as for them being useless? Well, besides Deoxys and Heatran (and I'm a bit hesitant for Deoxys), they all have a job. Thus, they are not useless.
    You dont make sense.

And, for your knowlage, besides being filled with water, Hoenn was almost exactly like Kanto. Don't believe me? Look at the maps.
    Just another reason why it was unoriginal...they couldn't even come up with a different map!

They introduce new features, and make the game more fun, or more useless, like Contests. Just kidding.
    I haven't found any great new features, only ones that they reused from the first 2 gen games.Well besides trading over wifi, but even that was first available on the Japanese Crystal version using a moblie phone adapter.

Years
  • I must say, the anger exhibited in this thread is rather amusing.

I counter and 1up you: Koffing, Gastly, and Moltres are stupid!

Entirely subjective. I'll grant you that Koffing was one of my least favorite of the original 150, but I'd still take it over probably about 90% of G4 Pokemon and maybe up to 50% of G3 Pokemon. There were some really cool Pokemon in G4 (Lucario and Glaceon spring to mind), but for the most part they were unoriginal, poorly designed, and worthless. In my opinion, of course. ;)

I don't know what your problem is with Gastly and Moltres. Yes, Gastly's design is simple, but it's a Ghost Pokemon--they're supposed to be amorphous. Moltres was modeled after the phoenix.

I almost avoid the 2nd town (which the name of has evaded me; presumably because the town was pointless and essentially only good for the Centre and the Town Card, which weren't really needed anyway...)

I wasn't going to comment on any other posts in this thread because I feel people are letting their emotions carry them away, but this kinda made me chuckle. Since when have any of the second towns had any real point, aside from Viridian City in G1?

Years
  • Heeeeeere I go.

GSC has lost some magic after I realized how truly boring Kanto is, as well as how low-leveled everything is.
    I feel the same way. I have adapted so much to the newer games that playing Crystal is actually a pain now. Hopefully HGSS will get me to love Johto again.

Furthermore, Gen II added the Dark and Steel type, which makes it an infinitely badass generation.
    Fix'd.

Dark Pokemon and moves were scarce, most weren't even available until after the E4!

They anime sucked.
    At least the Hoenn anime was infinitely better than Johto. Johto was dragged on forever, wasn't even interesting, had way too many fillers, and every episode was practically the same.

In R/S they took a step back. There was none of that. The only thing it had was better graphics but that was because it was made years later for gba. There was nothing original except the whole under water thing, which wasn't that great. The Pokemon simply weren't that interesting either except for a hand full.
    What are you talking about? Gen 3 was the most revolutionary generation! It gave us the EV system, Choice Band, IVs, natures, and abilities. Pokemon switched from a game about collecting with your friends to a game about strategy and battling with your friends. Tell me how that is not revolutionary? ._.

there is no day/night
    Thank God! Day and night was horribly executed by GSC. It was nothing more than an annoyance for nighttime players like me who could only catch Hoothoot.

Just another reason why it was unoriginal...they couldn't even come up with a different map!
    Pokemon regions are based on real-life locations in Japan. Spread the word.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • The first generation wasn't 'rushed'. It was made in Japan and was an almost unheardof concept, so if you didn't get it, shucks for you. The game was well-made for its time and there is no point in arguing over it because, very simply, its unarguable. The Gen I games were extremely well-made and popular for the GB and I dare anyone to find another GB game that was as nearly well-made.

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
    Years
  • At least the Hoenn anime was infinitely better than Johto. Johto was dragged on forever, wasn't even interesting, had way too many fillers, and every episode was practically the same.
    I agree with the fillers but the hoenn series did nothing really to make the anime better except add two new main characters and add contest's. I pretty much stoped watching it once hoenn series started.

What are you talking about? Gen 3 was the most revolutionary generation! It gave us the EV system, Choice Band, IVs, natures, and abilities. Pokemon switched from a game about collecting with your friends to a game about strategy and battling with your friends. Tell me how that is not revolutionary? ._.
    I mostly agree but it cant be really "revolutionary" when its still pretty much the same battle system.

Thank God! Day and night was horribly executed by GSC. It was nothing more than an annoyance for nighttime players like me who could only catch Hoothoot.
    How was it Horribly executed? At the time of its release it was revolutionary. Its the same thing in DP. The thing that made it cool was if you wanted something you had to play at a certain time. Maybe you should of played it during the day.

Pokemon regions are based on real-life locations in Japan
    Thats really cool I didn't know that!
    The first generation wasn't 'rushed'. It was made in Japan and was an almost unheardof concept, so if you didn't get it, shucks for you. The game was well-made for its time and there is no point in arguing over it because, very simply, its unarguable. The Gen I games were extremely well-made and popular for the GB and I dare anyone to find another GB game that was as nearly well-made.
    Agree!

I must say, the anger exhibited in this thread is rather amusing.
    It Is haha, but isn't that the point. We are debating which gen is the best. I dont mean to make anybody mad, it just gets me a little ticked when peoples reasons why the first two gens sucked was "because the games had bad graphics". This is coming from people who were not even old enough to play the games when they were released.

Years
  • I agree with the fillers but the hoenn series did nothing really to make the anime better except add two new main characters and add contest's. I pretty much stoped watching it once hoenn series started.
    If Hoenn did nothing to make the anime better than how did it get worse? It remained the same repetitive low-quality show we know today. The only true arguments you could make are that you loved Misty, that the repetitiveness was too much, or that you simply grew out of the watching it.

How was it Horribly executed? At the time of its release it was revolutionary. Its the same thing in DP. The thing that made it cool was if you wanted something you had to play at a certain time. Maybe you should of played it during the day.
    Note that I'm only referring to day and night. Unlike DPP, GSC handled this poorly. Their idea of night was simply turning the screen purple and blue, spamming Hoothoot and Noctowl across the region, and giving you the ability to battle cops. Day and night was a nice idea, like the idea of a beaver Pokemon, but like Bibarel, the idea just wasn't used as well as it could have been. DP handled things much better, so I have no beef with it (This time).

I have to admit though, the idea of headbutting sleeping daytime Pokemon from trees was brilliant, and I missed that from GSC.

It Is haha, but isn't that the point. We are debating which gen is the best. I dont mean to make anybody mad, it just gets me a little ticked when peoples reasons why the first two gens sucked was "because the games had bad graphics". This is coming from people who were not even old enough to play the games when they were released.
    I hope your not referring to me! =P

GSC was a big part of my life and hearing that I "wasn't old enough to play it" is a bit offensive. XD

I'm not debating which gen is the best, I'm debating that GSC wasn't perfect.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • Its just the classic apples to oranges story... Adding new Pokemon is the developers way of keeping the games new and interesting... Of course with every generation there are going to be things people do and don't like... But honestly if it weren't for all these new Pokemon the series would die off at a much faster rate... Its sad to see out nostalgia smeared but still.

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
    Years
  • If Hoenn did nothing to make the anime better than how did it get worse? It remained the same repetitive low-quality show we know today. The only true arguments you could make are that you loved Misty, that the repetitiveness was too much, or that you simply grew out of the watching it.
    What made it worse? Getting rid of the original voice actors and replacing them with cr@p is a good start.

Note that I'm only referring to day and night. Unlike DPP, GSC handled this poorly. Their idea of night was simply turning the screen purple and blue, spamming Hoothoot and Noctowl across the region, and giving you the ability to battle cops. Day and night was a nice idea, like the idea of a beaver Pokemon, but like Bibarel, the idea just wasn't used as well as it could have been. DP handled things much better, so I have no beef with it (This time).
    I dont see hows that different then DP. You also had the first pokemon that had to evoleve at night (umbreon). There were pokemon like gastly, haunter, Murkrow ,and hondour that could only be caught at night. The day/night system was used as good as it could of been on a gameboy color. It wasnt going to get better then that.

I hope your not referring to me! =P

GSC was a big part of my life and hearing that I "wasn't old enough to play it" is a bit offensive. XD

I'm not debating which gen is the best, I'm debating that GSC wasn't perfect.
    I don't mean to be offensive. Well...I don't want to bring age into this but you are 14 now. when these games and gen 2 were released 10 years ago you were 4, I was 10. While I was trading pkm across a link cable and finding ways to get celebi and mew, you were learning how to go to the bathroom on your own. haha jk. Its easy to play these games now and say they aren't perfect but at the time that was hand held gaming at its best.

Its just the classic apples to oranges story... Adding new Pokemon is the developers way of keeping the games new and interesting... Of course with every generation there are going to be things people do and don't like... But honestly if it weren't for all these new Pokemon the series would die off at a much faster rate... Its sad to see out nostalgia smeared but still.
    I Agree but to keep to games interesting you dont need to just add new pkm. why not change it up a bit like trying a new battle system, or how bout something else instead of the " get 8 gym badges and defeat the elite four" recipe thats been used in every game. If they continue with same reused material i don't really see it lasting much longer.

mattman324

Years
  • Not saying that but i dont know about you but at 4 years old i couldn't read let alone play a game like pokemon and enjoy it.

Yeah, but I was an odd kid. At the age of 4, my sister got Gold, and I read through the Prima guide: JUST FOR FUN!

Yes those were probably the best handheld games at the time. When Ruby and Sapphire were released they werent the best gba game that's for sure.

Point being?

Yes I do and they must of if they decided to bring it back into DP. Like i said if you were old enough then you would know that GS were the first hand held games to actually have REAL time. It was also used for bug catching contest, radio contest, certain events like the ship, catching Pokemon like lapras on Fridays, they cleafairy mt. moon dance thing... there was a lot of things it was used for.

Well yeah, but I personally never liked the old time feature... They really should have waited till you could change it, how was I suppost to note that it was AM and not PM?

Because you didn't know there was time. The only way to know is by checking your berries...thats pretty lame.

HA! Berries weren't the only time-based event! What about the Dewford saying? It would randomly change on it's own! (example, there were a couple of other things)

Well if there useless the why are you saying that arent. You dont make sense.

2. I mentioned 2 useless legendaries that popped up since gen2. There were more than that in Gen1 ALONE, much less gen2.

Yet another reason why Johto is unorigianal: It attempts (very badly) to implement Kanto! (Sereously though, that was NOT Kanto. That was the region formerly known as Kanto.)

I haven't found any great new features, only ones that they reused from the first 2 gen games.Well besides trading over wifi, but even that was first available on the Japanese Crystal version using a moblie phone adapter.

Pokemon Colosseum/XD. While I still love PS1 and 2, you just can't match the power packed taste of Sunn- er, a 3-D RPG. (And they will never do a normal game on a consol. EVER.)

A-freaking-bilities. Because hitting that Gastly with Dig never quite made any sense.

The physical/special split: What dragon types actually had higher special attack then phisical? (No, the Lati twins don't count) Why is it when my Aerodactyl Crunches that Alakazam, it does less then Rock Slide?

Oh, and saying "They reused everything, dur hur hur." Well, aren't you saying that the region is worse because it's DIFFERENT?

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
    Years
  • Yeah, but I was an odd kid. At the age of 4, my sister got Gold, and I read through the Prima guide: JUST FOR FUN!
    Wow i bet it was while your sis was changing your diaper.
    Point being?
    They sucked!
    Well yeah, but I personally never liked the old time feature... They really should have waited till you could change it, how was I suppost to note that it was AM and not PM?
    By looking at the clock.
    HA! Berries weren't the only time-based event! What about the Dewford saying? It would randomly change on it's own! (example, there were a couple of other things)
    Of course! How could I have forgotten about the best thing in RS!
    2. I mentioned 2 useless legendaries that popped up since gen2. There were more than that in Gen1 ALONE, much less gen2.
    So a bush thing called shaymin and a neopet called jirachi isn't useless?
    Yet another reason why Johto is unorigianal: It attempts (very badly) to implement Kanto! (Sereously though, that was NOT Kanto. That was the region formerly known as Kanto.)
    At least it had kanto. Hoenn had nothing except under water...which was so ridiculously, amazingly, unbelievably cool! I still cant believe they came up with that! I nearly wet myself when I was riding my whale under water...it was scary cool!
    Oh, and saying "They reused everything, dur hur hur." Well, aren't you saying that the region is worse because it's DIFFERENT?
    I'm saying its worse because it sucked. Plain and simple.

mattman324

Years
  • Wow i bet it was while your sis was changing your diaper.

Since when have 9 year olds wore diapers?

They sucked!

So a couple posts ago you said that you just didn't like that some people didn't like the first 2 regions completely based on graphics (which is understandable.), and now you just say that the new ones suck?

Bit of a perspective change there.

By looking at the clock.

...and to think, for someone who supports the old games so much, they can't even remember back when analog clocks without AM/PM indicators existed.

Of course! How could I have forgotten about the best thing in RS!

As I said, that wasn't EVERYTHING. There were other time based events around.

So a bush thing called shaymin and a neopet called jirachi isn't useless?

Shaymin = Guardian of nature. (sorta like Manaphy and the water)
    Jirachi = Granter of wishes (who they have in just about every large RPG series.)

At least it had kanto. Hoenn had nothing except under water...which was so ridiculously, amazingly, unbelievably cool! I still cant believe they came up with that! I nearly wet myself when I was riding my whale under water...it was scary cool!

At least Hoenn was a decent region. Johto was a bad region in general. (mostly the way it was designed. It seems a bit to... I don't know, but it just isn't good.) Yeah, it had a lot of water, but that was only for two reasons.

1: It was going through a "Games get loads of water" period. Look at some of the other games of the time, like, for instance, Mario Sunshine.

2: It tied into the plot. Because you can't have a land vs sea struggle when there are 17 land routes and 5 water routes.

I'm saying its worse because it sucked. Plain and simple.

And I'm saying GSC was worse because it sucked.

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
    Years
  • Since when have 9 year olds wore diapers?
    Well you said you read thru the guide at 4 mostly likely you were in the process of learning how to pee like a big boy then and still needed diapers. Im jk chill.
    So a couple posts ago you said that you just didn't like that some people didn't like the first 2 regions completely based on graphics (which is understandable.), and now you just say that the new ones suck?

Bit of a perspective change there.
    I was saying how people use that as a reason to bash the first two gens. I have never said the graphics suck. Can you find where I said that? I said the games just all around stunk. There was a lot of hype around them being the first pkm gba games and it failed to live up to it. Where RBY came out of nowhere with no hype. When GS came people were expecting another good game and it delivered.

...and to think, for someone who supports the old games so much, they can't even remember back when analog clocks without AM/PM indicators existed
    Well....if it was 3 o'clock and it was light then It probably was p.m, and If it was 3 o'clock and it was dark then it probably meant it was a.m.. I know it's a veeeeeery confusing concept, but you'll learn it.

As I said, that wasn't EVERYTHING. There were other time based events around.
    Like?

Shaymin = Guardian of nature. (sorta like Manaphy and the water)
    Jirachi = Granter of wishes (who they have in just about every large RPG series.)
    Wow so i guess the had to make them because there needed to be a bush that was a gaurdiran of nature, and a neopet that grants wishes. So now they have to make a guadrian of wind, water, earth, and heart...maybe a pkm based off captain planet would work.

At least Hoenn was a decent region. Johto was a bad region in general. (mostly the way it was designed. It seems a bit to... I don't know, but it just isn't good.) Yeah, it had a lot of water, but that was only for two reasons.

1: It was going through a "Games get loads of water" period. Look at some of the other games of the time, like, for instance, Mario Sunshine.

2: It tied into the plot. Because you can't have a land vs sea struggle when there are 17 land routes and 5 water routes.

Hoen wasn't a decent region. It was a very bland, uninspired region, with nothing really memorable. If Kanto and Johto were bad regions then i guess they wouldnt have remade RB and GS. It must be good if people want to replay them.

1. So I guess they had to do the same thing instead of being original and making something different.
    2. I'll agree with you on that.

And I'm saying GSC was worse because it sucked.
    No your saying that because you weren't old enough to enjoy it and appreciate when it was made. If it wasn't for those Gens being so successful the "great" RSE and this site probably would have never existed and pikachu would be in cartoon hell.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • Activate 4th gen fanboy mode!

I'm one of those people who doesn't really hate any generation, I think they were all good. I especially hate it when people hate 4th gen (since it's my favorite) 2nd hate, or hell even 3rd gen hate to an extent I can at least understand. But what was wrong with 4? It brought back backwards compatibility so all your hard work put into your gba pokemon isn't wasted, wifi and gts made pokemon completion possible, physical/special split elemental punches on hitmonchan is now useful. I am just sick and tired of hearing "4th gen sucks 3rd/2nd1st gen FTW!" 1st gen's combat system was just full of problems (all dragon/ghost moves are fixed damage, slash = 100% critical hit ratio, wrap on a fast pokemon not quite an instant win but beyond annoiyng) 2nd gen had lots of good features but was just way too under leveled, 3rd gen got rid a lot of 2nd gens features and over all didn't have enough double battlesalso nosepass = instant crap. I will admit D/P had some problems (slow over all game play, probopass, actually that's all I can think of right now, dusknoirs awesome) but I'm just of people hating on it so much. Hm I'm feeling a lot of dejavu coming from this post.

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
  • In my opinion, Gen II was the best. I dunno why, but I've always loved it. ;u;
    I think then I like Gen I, then Gen IV, then Gen III.
    At first I didn't like Gen IV, but it's growing on me. I still hate Bidoof for some odd reason. xD
    I never really liked Gen III .. dunno why. :/
    But yeah, I think it's just because people don't like change. I don't think it's so bad, but I'll always have a love for Johto. n3n;;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I've always liked Gen III and I the best, Hoenn and Kanto are just awesome, and the Pokémon there are my favorites. (Especially Aerodactyl and Armaldo <3) The music in both regions are also great. =]

Gen IV is OK, I liked the Sinnoh region alot, and the Pokémon there are cool. (Especially Probopass and Toxicroak. <3) And the legendaries are pretty awesome imo, mostly Heatran.

Gen II..no. I hated the games, they were boring to me. The region is meh. The only thing I liked about gen 2 are the Pokémon, they were pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of Forretress, Ariados, Feraligatr, Murkrow, Ampharos, Lanturn, Donphan and hella more.

RSE > RBYFRLG > DPPt > GSCHGSS imo

mattman324

Years
  • Well you said you read thru the guide at 4 mostly likely you were in the process of learning how to pee like a big boy then and still needed diapers. Im jk chill.

No, I had that "toilet" thing down when I was 2 or 3.

I was saying how people use that as a reason to bash the first two gens. I have never said the graphics suck. Can you find where I said that? I said the games just all around stunk. There was a lot of hype around them being the first pkm gba games and it failed to live up to it. Where RBY came out of nowhere with no hype. When GS came people were expecting another good game and it delivered.

AHA! I was hoping someone would bring this up!

Sereously, when did a game ever live up to hype? Halo 3? No. SSBB? No. Any of the final fantasy games? No. GSC? No. RSE? No.

Well....if it was 3 o'clock and it was light then It probably was p.m, and If it was 3 o'clock and it was dark then it probably meant it was a.m.. I know it's a veeeeeery confusing concept, but you'll learn it.

That's not funny in the slightest. I was a kid without the ability to look up AM or PM, was in the rush for deleting my first file (because n00bs with Pidgeots have no way of defeating Jasmine.), and was to stuborn to ask.

It was fine on file 1, it's really on file 2 (Which is the one I ended up keeping) that I had the problems.

Wow so i guess the had to make them because there needed to be a bush that was a gaurdiran of nature, and a neopet that grants wishes. So now they have to make a guadrian of wind, water, earth, and heart...maybe a pkm based off captain planet would work.

No, they didn't. But they didn't need a stork (sereously, look at the RBY sprite) on fire that does nothing.

Hoen wasn't a decent region. It was a very bland, uninspired region, with nothing really memorable. If Kanto and Johto were bad regions then i guess they wouldnt have remade RB and GS. It must be good if people want to replay them.

No, it means that Nintendo are a bunch of money hogs. And that they will eventually remake RSE as well. And you KNOW people will buy it, because, well, HOENN WASN'T THAT BAD!

1. So I guess they had to do the same thing instead of being original and making something different.

You can say the same thing with LoZ:WW, Mario Sunshine, and FF10. But many games are influenced by the sway of the times: For instance, at this point, there is a wave of 2D (or 2D with enhanced graphics) period going on, and NSMBWii is a good game: but does it copying make it bad? ...no, it's still good.

2. I'll agree with you on that.

So at least you can see sense. Not much, but some.

No your saying that because you weren't old enough to enjoy it and appreciate when it was made. If it wasn't for those Gens being so successful the "great" RSE and this site probably would have never existed and pikachu would be in cartoon hell.

I can say the same for Super Mario bros: but that doesn't stop Galaxy from being good. And I DID enjoy it. Very well.

But if you REALLY want to continue, I've gotten the word from someone who has been playing for about 11 years now. And he agrees. As a matter of fact, he's right here. And you should read that page, it's kind of interesting (Note that it's a bit old. As in, made in 2007 old)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back