• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The first Pokemon you caught is ......

タイラー

Stress
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    The first pokemon I caught in fire red wasma weedle in viridian forest. I stopped using him about the fifth gym (he was a beedrill named Bugster)

Years
  • I caught a pidgey as I like to fly high with pidgeot intact every game I played whether its r/b/g/g/s/c/fr/lg/ru/sa/em/d/p/pl/hg/ss/b/w I always caught flying Pokemon as my first poke

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
    Years
  • The first time I played FR, I caught a Pidgey, which then brought me success throughout the game in my team of 3 (Charizard, Pidgeot, Raichu). Pidgeot then became one of my all time favorite Pokemon, as its grace and beauty intrigued me. I still have that Pidgeot, actually, in my HG. ^^

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I believe on this current play through it was My Pidgey, in the first section of grass xD

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    On my first playthrough of Leafgreen, I got a Pikachu on Viridian Forest. He was definitely useful for Misty.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    My first pokemon that i caught was a Pidgey in Pokemon Red, funny that in Pokemon X the first that i caught was a Fletching also a bird type

Years
    • no
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    PIDGEY, THE SUPERDUPERMEGAWONDERFUL POKEMON THAT EVERYONE GETS!!!!

PS: i dont like ratatta. :I

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It was so long ago but I would probably have to say it would either be a Pidgey or Growlithe.

I had played the original games so I knew what pokemon would be best and where I would get some pokemon so I didn't really bother with much. I probably debated between getting a legendary bird or pidgeot and then if I decided to get a legendary bird (most likely Zapdos) then I would go out and catch a Growlithe for my fire type since I usually start the game with either bulbasaur or squirtle.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Oddish.

The only time I ever caught a Pokemon in FR/LG was in my solo run, so I caught Oddish when I required Cut.

yes I'm aware I haven't played the gen 3 games properly

edit: I remember the time I tried FR/LG for a few days. I caught a Pidgey, and its Gust OHKO'd all the things. :)

Years
  • The first Pokémon was captured Nidoran Female, he never struck me capture Pokémon, but once I became addicted captured Pokémon to capture xD
    Well, I had five Pokéballs, but neither Pidgey or Rattata called my attention, I went to the Road that is before the League and found the Nidoran, I found cool and i threw the Pokéball to the first and captured the first try :3
    Greetings!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I actually didn't catch much for a good while, I think my first was a Meowth in FR. Might've gotten Mankey since Primeape is my fave fighting type.

PokePinp

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I always pretend to be Ash! I catch a Pidgy, Caterpie, and Pikachu and build my team from there just like Ash's in the Anime!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm really conservative in terms of using Pokemon, but the opposite when catching them.
    I catch every new Pokemon that I see, so that I can fill up my Pokedex.

The first Pokemon that I caught was probably Pidgey.

The first Pokemon that I caught to use was probably Mankey, which can be caught right off of Viridian City.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • First pokemon caught in FRLG was Pidgey in FireRed, catching poke's before were just too awesome. :3

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • The first Pokemon I caught in LeafGreen was a Pidgey which I immediately traded for a Gastly. I still have that Gastly on my team, but I can't remember if it's a Haunter or if I evolved it into Gengar. I caught another Pidgey to be my Flying Type after trading for Gastly.

Back