• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The first Pokemon you ever caught in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    My first Pokemon in Diamond was Starly,I was so excited with all the new Pokemon,I was going crazy catching them...lol...Now a level 100 Staraptor,It is super strong!

I Platinum I got a Shinx because I new all of the Pokemon,and knew what would be strong and help me through the game.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    First pokémon was Bidoof in both Pearl and Platinum. If I had only caught what I was going to use against the elite four it probably would have been Shinx, though, or maybe Starly, since it tends to appear more often.

Years
    Mine was a shinx, level 3 with Rivalry. Heh, when I caught it, I wanted to make it really strong along with my piplup (which would be empoleon) but then, I gave up on it, put it in the box, and left it to gather dust. But then, 35 levels later on my Empoleon, My shinx is now a Luxray and is my new Main. :P

It's rare for people to use a different pokemon than their starter nowadays... Of course, the majority of my friends who play 4th gen. are noobs :P

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    First pokémon was Bidoof in both Pearl and Platinum. If I had only caught what I was going to use against the elite four it probably would have been Shinx, though, or maybe Starly, since it tends to appear more often.

A Bidoof that's quit interesting.
    Well yes. Starly and shinx are quit common on the first few routes of Sinnoh. Mine was Kricketot and I doubt that was hardly common.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    A worthless Modest Shinx. Released it as soon as I got to a computer.

Aw Jordan your mean. That Shinx could of been some fine Luxray if you only knew. Did it matter what it's appearence was?. You could of at least kept it. That Shinx is still going to be your very first Pokemon caught in that version no matter what.
    I didn't release mine XD. I would of rather have a Shinx than Kricketot. It must of had a high speed because, its so modest.

Years
    Caught a rotom. i got all the way there using just my empoleon (had to WAY overlevel for that second gym leader), couldnt find a pokemon i actually wanted till i accidentally found rotom.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    Bidoof :)
    unfortunately i lost pearl now after having lots of shinies and lvl 100 pokemon and all the rare pokemon on pearl (heatran, cresselia -whatever its name is :S ECT)
    it sux

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    It was a Starly or Shinx!

Now they're both a Staraptor and Luxray.
    Still in my party since Day 1 :)

Back