• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Five Kingdoms

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
  • The Five Kingdoms

Ah, welcome young traveler. I see that you have put many distances upon your feet. Come, sit down, lets talk for a while. What's that? You are new to this country? Well, that, just won't do. If you don't know about where you are, then you won't even make it to the next town. So, I guess that means I have to tell you everything, huh? Well, no matter, I was bored anyways.

The Kingdoms

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

This, here, is the map of this country, the stars are where the captial is and where the ruler will be. You should memorize it well, for it will help you find out where you are and what to expect. I will give you a quick run down of each kingdom, but you will have to found out more yourself. Though, I think that I should first tell you have things are run here:

The Rulers

Each of the Kingdoms are ruled by a king or queen. However, the king or queen is not decided by blood and relations like in other countries. No, here, it is decided by the gods. The Legendaries, who rule all things. Each of the kingdoms have a certain type of Legendaries, like water or fire, that watch over and selects the new ruler, which they often search for in their human form. Although, it should be said that they never go into fights between humans or Pokemon own by humans, though they can protect their ruler. It is rarely the same Legendary twice, though that has known to happen. When a Legendary has selected a new ruler, which can be anyone so long as they were born in that kingdom, they will bow and give their oath of loyality to that person. The new ruler will gain immortality and will be able to govern the land. Although, that is usually easier said then done...For if the ruler ever does anything that oppesses the people, start an unnesscary war, or slays even a single innocent, they will die right on the spot and the Legendary will vanish, not returning for many a century.

But enough about that, lets get on to the kingdoms themselves shall we?

Primoris

Ah, yes, this kingdom to the north. A very quiet kingdom, usually keeps to itself and trades little, though it has much of the open sea. It is a great exporter of iron, tin and some bronze. But the most coveted prize is at the very tip of this reigon, where one can find the Nevermeltingice. This special ice can be used to make some of the most deadly of weapons, though it is hard and danergous to find. Not only that, but it can freeze the user as much as the coldest blizzard. Only a very few, the ruler included, can wield such a weapon. This, I have heard, has caused some contraversy with in that land. Talk grows of a hidden storage of the Nevermeltingice somewhere. The lords say that the peasants are hiding it for a revolt while the peasants say that the lords and ladies are keeping them away so that they may threaten the poorer. Tension is growing, and I don't quite know what will happen...Anyways, the water and ice Legendaries keep an eye on that kingdom.

Secundis

This kingdom lays to the east, with more moderate temperatures then Primoris. Though there is always a gust of wind blowing from somewhere. This has lead to the people studying new and different ways to harness this power, be it for supplying energy or to dance in the sky or to make fighters for the air. I hear that the ruler has the best flier of them all, that can go invisible or change shape. Really, their technology is second only to Quartus'. But that doesn't mean all is well in this land either. Recently, some of the windmills, which power at least half of the kingdom, have started to malfunction. No one knows the reason for this and the problem has been fixed most every time, but people are still worried...Flying Legendaries, naturally, call this place home.

Tertius

Let me give you a small tip; if you see a big, burly man, or woman sometimes, who's loud and likes to hit people, more likely then not that person is from Tertius. This hot land give all sorts of people you would expect from such a heated climate. Though not the smartest people around, what they lack for brain they more then make up with brawn. Honestly, if you ever get a Tertiusian mad at you, you better hope that your legs are faster then theirs, because the only way you'll get away is by out running them. Although, they are also known to be as loyal as an old dog if you can help them or get their trust. War is their game, and they will take any chance they have to prove that they are stronger then the person beside them. I even hear that the ruler has a sword that sparks flames and lighting! Of course, I think all of this loud talk and love of war and battle is finally reaching the breaking point. Civil War is now the main topic of discussion in that land...The Legendaries of Fire, including Groundon, watch over and act in that place.

Quartus

If I may give some advice: beware of Quartus. Though you certainly wouldn't know it from the look of the place, that kingdom is probably the most dangerous out there. While the Tertiusians are stupid and annoying, at least you know where you stand with them. But with a Quartian, silence and passiveness is their game. They'll drink with you in the morning then, for seemingly no reason, stab you as you sleep. Though, trust me, that's not to say that they are all souless killers or anything like that, though I have heard the best assassins come from there. There are a good many decent folk there, not to mention the brightest. If you want to know where the latest techno-gear is, then you have to go there. Their buildings even raise up higher then in Secundis, all made of metal. Though weak physically, they make up for it with these amplifier they have around their heads which increases their mind powers. I hear the ruler there as an amplifier that can allow them to communicate with the 'phychc energy', or something like that, of the land. Natrually, all this secretiveness will bite you in the but just as much as being loud and open will. I hear a kind of civil war is going on there, too. But, if you ask me, it's more like a stupid game of chess...Psychc Legendaries rule here.

Diapente

Last, but definately not least, is the kingdome of Diapente. This kingdom is a kind of jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. Being in the very centre means that it has the best trade routes to every other kingdom and it has flourished under the amount of money it gets just from these merchants. Of course, this also means that they are the most under threat from the other kingdoms. Not that I think they would have too much of a problem holding onto their land. Their warriors are second only to Tertiusians and the same can be said about how smart they are compared to the Quartusians, though they don't spend a lot of that smarts on technology like them. They also have a huge supply of Dragon Scales, which they beat into their swords and armour, making them nearly unbreakable. The ruler is said to have a a set of armour made so perfectly, that though it has been around for thousands of years, not a single dent or bit of wear has shown on it. I hear this armour gives the ruler the speed and movement of a dragon themselves. Sadly, though in the past this kingdom has grown very well, the people had a very bad ruler who oppessed them for a long while until he finally died. Now a new ruler takes the throne, and there are some murmmers of people who may not trust the age old system anymore...Dragon Legendaries protect and guide this land.

A Rumor

Well, that's all I have to tell you about the Kingdoms. But...though I'm sure this information is false and you are free to dismiss it...I feel I should tell you one more thing. There is a rumor, not even a true rumor but a rumor of a rumor, of a Legendary not with any of the rulers that travels the land, as if searching for something. I don't know if this is true or not, for nothing like this has ever been heard of before. Since, as I have told you, Legendaries here only go searching like that when they are seeking a new ruler...

In anycase, that's all I have to tell you, dear traveler. Good luck as you move about this land, you may need it.

Additional Info

"The Five Kingdoms" is a Pokemon RP where you play as a ruler of a kingdom with a Legendary Pokemon at your side, or this mysterious freelancer who also has a Legendary. This RP is pretty open ended, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Though there is an overall story for each person and some conflict to go along with it. I am the RP master and can control all of the NPCs along with throw situations at you. Don't worry, I'm not going to be evil and just throw one bad thing after another at you...yet. In anycase, rulers of the kingdoms can control anyone who lives in their kingdom, but not traveling merchants, doctors, musians, thieves etc. For the freelancer, it is the opposite, you can't control anyone who is with a kingdom, but those who travel the road. In fact, they seem quitie drawn to you...

The Legendaries

No matter what Legendary you chose, they can not fight in human vs human fights or Pokemon trainer battles. They can protect you from these fights, however. Though, each Legendary has a kind of Guardian with them, a fully evolved Pokemon that is the same type as they are. This Pokemon can fight in any kind of battle. If you want to get more Pokemon (they don't have to be the same type) then you will have to go out and 'recruit' them. This can be done by gaining their loyality or beating them into submisson. In either case, they must pledge their own loyality to your Legendary.

Also, a reminder of what type of Legendary each person can have:

Primoris- water types (including Articuno and Regice)
    Secundis- flying types (including Shaymin)
    Tertius- fire types (including Groundon)
    Quartus- psychc types
    Diapente- drargon types
    Freelancer- any (excluding Arceus)

Important NPCs

Though this is a pretty open RP, and you can create and get rid of NPCs as you see fit, there are some NPCs that will be important for your story/conflict:

Primoris: Charles Icier- childhood best friend who can also wield the Nevermeltingice, commandard of your army.

Gwen Serlin- influencial lady of the court, is the most suspecious of the peasant's possible revolt and hording of Nevermeltingice.

The Chief- a mysterious person the peasants look up to, has thus only communicated through other people, telling the lords to share the Nevermeltingice they have.

Secundis: John Freewind- top engineer of the windmills. He has been in contact with you for a good while, but recently he has been more and more quiet.

Scareye- a sky pirate who has been causing the kingdom some distress for a while now.

Tertius: Don "Blouder Crusher" Nelson- A man trying to recruit people to raise against the current ruler, though this seems to just be because he wants to prove he can.

Sara "Fire Hands" Golding- the best smith in all of Tertius, likes to complain to you and insult you, but is also the most loyal.

Fumble Feet- the court jestor.

Quartus: Henry Handson- your second-in-command who has been showing some contempt towards you and your rule.

Igore Insinga- the brightest sicentist in all of the kingdom. Very eccentric, no one knows where his mind is, or even where he is half the time.

Diapente: Jean Willow- your advisor

Tyler Oak- Head judge of the kingdom

Alice- a simple maid you've been seeing around, but knows nothing about expect for her name.

Freelancer: Shadow- a very strange man in black who seems very interested in you.

Rules

1. No Godmoding, this means control of other people's characters or NPCs that you aren't allow to control. If you have any questions just ask me.
    2. Be nice to fellow RPers, faliure to do so will result in an immediate kick out.
    3. I'm not a grammer nazi, gods know my grammer isn't the best, but I do expect at least some decent grammer, no chat speak.
    4. At least one paragraph per post. This shouldn't be too hard since you have so many resources to pull on.
    5. Indicate what is in character and what isn't. Until I can get up an OOC thread, besure to indicate OOC comments in brackets. If you have a question on how the RP should be run, then VM or PM me.
    6. Relationships (including gay) are allowed, but keep it PG 13.
    7. I am the RP master and my say is final. If you think a ruling or something I did was wrong, please PM and we can talk about it..
    8. Have fun!
    9. Type "I swear never to desert my post before your throne, I swear never to disobey your orders" above your Sign-up.

Sign-up Sheets

I will say here that the freelancer position will not be a first-come first-served basis. Indicate that you want to be this at the top of your SU and, after a few days, I will look at all of the SUs for the freelancer and decide.

Name: (simple enough, last and first, middle and nick-name optional)
    Age: (baring infants and extremely old people, you can be any age you want!)
    Kingdom: (which kingdom were you born in? This will indicate which one you rule, unless you are the freelancer)
    Appearance: (how you look, including the kind of clothes you usually wear. 2-3 paragraphs or a picture.)
    Personality: (what is your character like? Again 2-3 paragraphs.)
    History: (what was your character like before they ruled? What have they done since they ruled? How did you meet your Legendary? The freelancer doesn't have to answer the third as they will not meet their Legendary until the first or second post. At least three paragraphs.)
    Legendary: (which is it? Remember which types you can pick from. Also include what your Legendary looks like in human form, at least a paragraph or two. Again, you can just show me a picture if you want.)
    Guardian: (what guardian does your Legendary start out with? Remember it has to be the same type as the Legendary.)
    Weapons: (optional, you can include the ruling weapons I gave to some of the kingdoms, or just add more if you want.)
    Other: (what else do you think I should know about your character? Optional)

Status of Kingdoms

Primoris- Ike with Articuno- ComiTutle

Secundis- Lysa with Ho-Oh- KillehKiwi

Tertius- Katie with Entei- dragonite149

Quartus- Link with Mewtwo- MasterLink742

Diapente- Open!

Freelancer Candidates- Jericho with Regirock- GrifSpark

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Sooooo joining this~!

Name: Oliver Umbridge
    Kingdom: Freenlancer
    Appearance: Oliver stands at about 5 feet 11 inches, weighing 202 lbs. He is fair skinned with long jet-black hair that he ties back into a rather bushy ponytail. His eyes are emerald green with flecks of gold. From years of intense physical training, Oliver is very fit and has the body to show for it.

Since he roams often, Oliver wears light clothing. He commonly wears a black, sleeveless undershirt under a grey poncho with black jeans. To hide his face and to shield himself from the rain, Oliver wears a blood-red scarf that's big enough to turn into a hood. He wears a pair of black, leather hiking boots for traveling. On his left hand he has two rings, both stainless steel; one checked, the other studded with a chunk of onyx in the shape of a clover. His ears are pierced, each with three silver loops.

Personality: Oliver is very resigned and doesn't enjoy much conversation.

History: (what was your character like before they ruled? What have they done since they ruled? How did you meet your Legendary? The freelancer doesn't have to answer the third as they will not meet their Legendary until the first or second post. At least three paragraphs.)

Legendary: Darkrai

Guardian: Umbreon

Weapons: Twin chakrams; both made of stainless steel and adorned with ebony vines and spikes of onyx

Will complete tommorow.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • May I reserve a spot? I wish to rule the kingdom of Diapente and have a Zekrom as my legendary. The guardian that comes with Zekrom shall be an Ononokusu. My complete SU shall be up anywhere between tonight and a day or two from now.

~Your faithful ruler.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sorry Nakuzami, but I've already reserved Diapente to another person who is working on an SU for that kingdom right now. However if she drops out I will definately offer it to you. Also, you can still try out for the Freelancer position, that isn't a first-come, first-served thing. Plus, if enough people try out or if I see a really good one, I might be convinced to have more then one Freelancer. ;)

Nakuzami

Years
  • I'm Lost!

:( o noez! Oh wellz, i'll hope to god that your friend drops dead has other things to do. I wanted to be your faithful ruler

~Your faithful ruler

(Also, look at what I titled my post. It may help in your SU in my RP)

oh looky looky. I started a SU for the ruler of Diapente:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • This seems like it'll be pretty awesome.
    Mind if I reserve Quartus?
    I'll have my SU up in an hour or two...
    Thanks.
    "I swear never to desert my post before your throne, I swear never to disobey your orders"
    Name: Link "Blade" Anders
    Kingdom: Quartus
    Appearance: Link's has pale white skin due to all the clothing he wears, and the darkness of his castle. His hair is dark brown, and rather short, similar to what the military haircut looks like. He stands at an even 6', and weighs about 175 pounds.
    As ruler of the Quartus kingdom, Link is almost required to look regal. His royal outfit comprises of a regal purple shirt, with a blackened cape, and a pair of purple and black pants. He does not wear shoes, as he prefers silence. His socks are black.
    When not appearing as a ruler, Link prefers to wear a black short sleeve shirt, with a black jacket. He wears black pants, and socks. In his Blade outfit, he wears skin tight black clothing, a face mask, and black shoes. Regardless of what he is wearing, he always has his slim mind amplifier on.

Personality: Link is a very quiet person, with an intimidating look, that can make anyone with a value for their life back down. He prefers silence over noise. He has perfected the act of apathy. Seeming to not care about anything, when in reality, he takes note of it, using any and every small detail he can. He hardly ever smiles, mostly because of environment. Partially for reasons he has never shared with anyone. If anyone found out, Link would guarantee someone's death.
    He is great at detecting what angers people, and can easily get under people's skin, causing them to let their guard down. His main problem though, is that he is easily angered. A small flaw in a plan, or a single disobeying of orders, and an entire squad of troops can be put to death.

History: Before Link obtained the throne, he was born to a middle class family. His parents died when he was ten, and he was forced to live on the streets for a year. After that, a girl, named Jen, convinced her parents to take Link in. Until Link was fifteen, he lived with that family, and developed a huge crush on Jen.
    One day, on Link's fifteenth birthday a man attacked Link and Jen while they were under that stars. Jen didn't survive. Link did all he could to kill the man. He trained in deadly arts until he was eighteen. The faithful day came, and Link used a crossbow to kill the man. This man happened to be the king, and by law of the kingdom, Link became king. Link has done very little in his short rule. First off, he continued in the training in the deadly arts, quickly becoming the best assassin in the land. Though he operates under the alias "Blade". Next, he sent about a third of the army into assassin training to have an unopposed special ops unit. (This unit is unavailable for quite awhile though.) Shortly after gaining the throne, Mewtwo, the guardian of the kingdom appeared to him. Telling him of the choices of the previous ruler, and of any dangers. Mewtwo then manipulated Link in a way to where he would not remember this until it was needed, so as not to give him an edge.

Legendary: The legendary of the Quartus kingdom is Mewtwo. In the few times that Mewtwo is in his human form, he is wearing a black coat to hide his appearance. He is rumored to look like a regular human, similar looking to the king, except he is a doppelganger, to the current king. The exception is his left arm; witch does not change at all. The difference of the doppelganger is the colors. Either the hair will be a different color, or the skin will be.

Guardian: Gallade. (Gallade is dual fighting/psychic type. If I can't use him, then the guardian is Alakazam.)

Weapons: In regular battle, Link uses a large spear made of full metal, with many intricate engravings. Either that or a long sword
    As Blade, he uses a concealed knife for stealth, a cutlass for close range, and a crossbow for long range. The crossbow has been modified to provide the same strength, but is much easier to reload or carry around.

Other: Link is touchy about the death of Jen, and will kill anyone who mentions it. Another perk of being easily angered…
    Tell me if anything needs to be changed. (Or just feedback in general)

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'll have the rest of the SU finished as soon as possible, probably tonight if I'm still feeling this well.

Name:
    Darin Roschel
    Fyora Roschel
    Female
    Kingdom: Diapente
    Appearance: Darin is fairly tall. Standing at 6'1", he dwarfs his sister. Years of training long and hard in order to be physically capable of handling the kingdom have given him a physique he is quite proud of. Though he is not bulky, and under the royal robes one cannot tell just how well muscled he is, he is obviously very healthy. His limbs are somewhat long, making for awkwardness as a child, but speed and dexterity in his adulthood. Broad shouldered, physically he wears the burden of the kingdom well.

His skin is a hue slightly darker than olive from hours spent training outdoors with the various Dragon Pokemon who inhabit the palace. Bright blue eyes almost always alight with some hidden joke are partially hidden underneath straight, shaggy dirty blonde hair. Fyora insists that he cut it to a more regal state, but he keeps it as it is, only partially to make her grind her teeth. His facial features are defined and pointed and can be dignified when he so desires, but most of the time they're curved into a crooked grin.

Darin has three basic styles for different occasions. When he is in the Royal Hall listening to the concerns of the people with his sister, he wears royal robes predominantly of blue embroidered with silver. With them he wears a long blue cloak embroidered with silver patterns near the edges of the fabric. When he is attending to royal business he removes this cloak to be more practical, though the robes are still not suitable for weather hotter than 60 degrees, and especially not for training. When training, he dresses in flexible leather for protection and practicality. And when spending a day simply casual, which rarely ever happens, he wears simple black pants and a blue shirt.

Unlike Darin, Fyora is lacking in the height department. Standing at a meager 5'3", she doesn't feel as though her physical stature is impressive enough for the partial ruler of an entire kingdom. Her body is slender, thin,
    Personality: (what is your character like? Again 2-3 paragraphs.)
    Legendary: Latias and Latios
    Guardian: A Dratini and Dragonair. [Considering the duality of the entire SU. However, if you would rather I make it only one, I will gladly do so.]
    Weapons: (optional, you can include the ruling weapons I gave to some of the kingdoms, or just add more if you want.)

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • I would like to reserve the position of Primoris. I'll try and get an SU up soon.Although when it comes to the legendaries/guardian, I think I'll go for Freelancer, since I rather like Terrakion or Regirock, and they are impossible to choose otherwise otherwise.

And then their guardian would either be Graveler or Rampardos. Yup, I'm hugely undecisive so far...

ComiTurtle

The cake is a lie.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I would like to reserve the spot for Primoris. Thank you in advance.

(Ah you beat me to it, Grif, guess I'll only do it if you decide on doing a freelancer instead. Maybe I'll make a freelancer then.)

Nakuzami

Years
  • "I swear never to desert my post before your throne, I swear never to disobey your orders"

OK, as I can't be in Diapente, and the only one left doesn't fit my character at all, i'll go with Freelancer...
    Spoiler:

I just edited my old SU to fit a freelancer

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • @GrifSpark: Yes, the only way that you could have the Terrakion or Regirock is by being a Freelancer. So, if that's what you want to be then I'll put you under that. Please tell me otherwise.

@ComiTurtle: You are reserved for Primoris unless GrifSpark wants his original reservation.

@Lou Dog: You are reserved for Secundis

@Nakuzami: You are now a Freelancer candidate. However, your SU is missing something important.

@MasterLink742: Everything looks pretty good...but you're missing something very important. I'll give you a hint; its the same thing Nakuzami is missing

@Strikit: You're SU looks good so far, and I don't mind if they have two different guardians. Actually, I was going to say that they would have to be the final forms, but upon reflection that might not be the most fair. So, yeah, you're good. :)

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Hmm. Yeah, I'd much rather be a Freelancer, giving me the chance to use either Regirock or Terrakion (I'm leaning towards Regirock. Ah, such an underloved legendary trash-can...). Yeah, I'll be a Freelancer, probably with Regirock, and then most likely with either Graveler or Tyranitar as the guardian. I guess that choosing the later would provide a useful advantage with its SandStream ability. Yep, let's choose that.

Freelancer
    Regirock
    Tyranitar

And I'm thinking my person would originally be from Tertius, because from the image, there seems to be a desert, which would suit the Rock-typing I guess.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Alright GrifSpark and please make an SU so that I can confirm you for the Freelancer position. Also, Master Link, you are still missing the thing that you need to be confirmed as well.

Back