• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Hit the bar twice. Miss a pen. Best creative player out injured. Adams still not noticing that Tettey/Johnson is not a central midfield pairing for a442 formation, even away from home.

At least Ipswich and Wolves blew their leads, I suppose.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Hit the bar twice. Miss a pen. Best creative player out injured. Adams still not noticing that Tettey/Johnson is not a central midfield pairing for a442 formation, even away from home.

At least Ipswich and Wolves blew their leads, I suppose.

Years
    I thought Southampton would struggle this season, but they have proved me completely wrong. I wonder if Liverpool will hoover up all their talent again this year.

A good win for us today in what could have been a tricky fixture, keeps up the positive feeling around the club.

Years
    What a mental game.
    Poor QPR, results like this might cost them a place in the league next season.
    They should have scored 5 or something today.

Years
    Just checked FF. Looks like I need some major Falcao stat padding tomorrow or I'll get overtaken soon.

We're on equal points now. Matic (2 points) will come of the bench for you and Bardsley (1 point) for me. I've got only Berahino left and you have Falcao (captain).
    I don't think I'll go top this week... maybe next week. Or the one after that. Or the one after that.
    Or the one after that.

Years
    I have the most points this gameweek so far so hopefully this means my changes will slowly get me up the table. I'll probably have to be reminded about it again to make a change in a few weeks though.

Is anyone else more surprised by the fact that Taarabt is being paid £70k a week rather than the claim that he's hugely overweight? Even in QPR's skewed wage structure, he has never been near good enough for that amount.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Looks like my United players have failed me. Time for a change.

Regarding Taarabt, I wouldn't be surprised if both of those figures 'arry stated are blown out of proportion somewhat. Football wise I can't imagine there are many more frustrating players than Adel Taarabt, and for a struggling team in the Premier League it is hard to find a position for him. Unless his comments were meant as a kick up the backside I think they were pretty silly, they would certainly hurt resale value.

Leeds at home for us tonight, weird seeing their fans trying to force some sort of rivalry. I guess if I was the fan of a MASSIVE club and little old Norwich repeatedly took our best players I'd be a little annoyed but still. Suppose it is less embarrassing than our lot trying to force a thing with Villa over the Lambert situation.

Years
    Everyone tries to force something with everyone else in this league it seems though. If I hear or see the term 'Yorkshire derby' one more time relating to a Boro match, I might just kill myself. Notts Forest seem to be the worst on Twitter though, there's a specific group who seem to try to start some sort of rivalry with every team in the league when most of the time it makes no sense.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    United players with the exception of Angel di Maria will constantly fail you. It's what we've been doing for two seasons now.

2-2 against WBA. Dreading the Chelsea game, but fingers crossed...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Hope I'm proven wrong but it appears our novice manager has been found out, can't keep chalking these results up to coincidence. Lets see how long it takes the crowd to turn.

Years
    Southampton 8-0 Sunderland

Chelsea 6-0 Maribor
    Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich
    BATE 0-7 Shakhtar

Happy Diwali for the winners
    Not so happy Diwali for the losers {XD}

Years
    The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    A solitary win in the last 8 games but only 3 points off top. Crazy league so far.

Really need to beat Bolton at Carra Rud on Friday night because then it is off to Boro and Forest. We'll undoubtedly get beaten if we don't improve.

On the topic of crazy....Leeds United FC @LUFC · 19m 19 minutes ago

BREAKING: Leeds United can confirm that Darko Milanic has parted company with the club. #lufc

The Football Discussion Thread!

Last edited:
    Years
    A bit disappointing to throw away a lead against another team near the top of the league, but apparently we were pretty lucky to be ahead anyway. Either way it seems you're allowed to drop points a lot this season so it's all good.

As for the Leeds situation, that is ridiculous. I like how even Hockaday managed better though. Hopefully Leeds are in L1 next year anyway.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Back to the top on FF. Looks like my faith in Bony, and Swansea in general is paying off.

Blackpool finally sack their manager, another pointless sacking.

Years
    Still slowly clawing back the gap in Fantasy Football, but I need a ridiculously good week soon.

Riga being sacked was inevitable, but he gets a nice payoff I imagine and it adds more fuel to the 'Oyston out' fire so it isn't all bad I guess.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Absolutely fantastic week, went to the Bournemouth game against West Brom fantastic ending. From thinking it was thrown away to absolute scenes just seconds later as the winner was scored.

Actually think Bournemouth are in with a chance of promotion this season the squad is phenominal and they are on fire right now. Eddie Howe should win manager of the month but then again hes only won it once before.

Before anyone asked I support Bournemouth (home team and always lived here) and Aston Villa (90% of family are fans so its passed down)

Back