• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Right I'm in the Fantasy League, it should be pretty obvious which team is mine.

Here's how I'm lining up for the first game.

Spoiler:

It all kicks off for the big leagues tomorrow then, really excited to be watching Match Of The Day again. Of course Boro are in action too against Blackpool. Should be a good day.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm guessing that Spain has the same situation my country has - the kick-off times are controlled mainly by the television channels.
    Come on, who will ever go to a stadium at 11pm on a Sunday?

Probably the same people who are ready to watch a match at 10 PM on a Monday. Seriously? It's ridiculous. Also, Barça will be playing at 7 and Madrid at 9, so maybe the 11 spot is not that amazing.

But hey, the two Spanish Supercup matches are also going to start at 11. On consecutive Wednesdays. If the second leg ended up on a tie, the extra time would end at 1:30, and a possible penalty shootout could keep it going until 2 AM. Just think about it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I cba to screenshot but atm I am

Ruddy
    Bassong/Mertesacker/Ivanovic
    Hazard/Oscar/Bellamy/Coutinho
    v.Wolfswinkel/Bony/Lambert

Vorm/Baines/Shawcross/Wanyama

I think Bassong will miss the first game though.

TY

Okay im in the fantasy league aswell and i spent all my money on these players:

Spoiler:

Im kinda bad at spending money over every line...

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    You've just got to hope you find a new Ronaldo soon :)

Speaking of CR7, yet more rumours on Twitter / Facebook. I really hope he comes back...but even if he doesn't, at least Valencia'll play well now he's got No. 25 again :D

EDIT: You have my approval in choice of GK. Best in the league IMO.

TY

I still dont get this soap around Bale. Tottenham said that he could leave if they didnt manage to get Champions League, which they didnt, yet they still wont let him go. Real offered many times and those bids were pretty high.

And i read something on Twitter about Bale where he got comparised to Marco Reus and Reus made more goals, more assists in less games appearantly...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ruddy is best in the league. Even if you take away my bias I would still think this. If he doesn't end up playing a lot of seasons at a top 4 club then Norwich would have been extremely lucky.

Years
  • Is it just me, or does anybody ever think Joe Hart is an overrated goalkeeper? He was good in 11/12 but for the past year he's been full of odd mistakes.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I still dont get this soap around Bale. Tottenham said that he could leave if they didnt manage to get Champions League, which they didnt, yet they still wont let him go. Real offered many times and those bids were pretty high.

And i read something on Twitter about Bale where he got comparised to Marco Reus and Reus made more goals, more assists in less games appearantly...

Yeah, Reus is a brilliant player. I think the thing about Bale is that he has the potential to be as good as Ronaldo - he's got the size, as well as the skills and pace (Reus also has bags of skill and pace) - and Madrid think having two of them will finally overcome Barcelona (who've actually got Neymar already, unlike Madrid who're still looking for their No.2). That and that Daniel Levy could sell Diamonds to DeBeers and rip them off :P . Actually, when you total up their goals and assists they're equal - Bale had 3 more goals, Reus 3 more assists.

Oh, that thing about Bale being able to leave if they didn't get to the Champions League? That's like Arsenal's £40mil + £1 bid for Suarez. He's got the option to leave, but if he takes it then he doesn't :P

Is it just me, or does anybody ever think Joe Hart is an overrated goalkeeper? He was good in 11/12 but for the past year he's been full of odd mistakes.

Yeah, apparently he ended up with the Golden Glove again in 12/13? I can only assume that's because of that period last Autumn where every United game featured at least 5 goals xD

TY

Arsenal wanted Bender? Never read nor heard about that.
    Also i have no idea if they wanted Sven Bender (Dortmund) or his brother Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen)

EDIT: Just googled it. Arsenal wanted Lars Bender, and their bid appearantly got rejected... Seems like no one wants to go to Arsenal anymore lol

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    The 2013 kits are a big downgrade from 2012.. Barca's kit is so bad.. At least they get Neymar. :3

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    tumblr_m3b32fjFee1qalg37o1_250.gif

I'm sure if they went for Sven it would've somehow been better xD.

I think when Wenger baulked at Higuain's price he proved he hasn't kept up with the times - transfer fees are stratospheric now, and Higuain would obviously be worth more than Soldado's release fee (£26mil). Arsenal couldn't even afford me, because they'd have to pay back the student loan I will soon be receiving :P

Personally I never heard the Jovetic thing. Also, they rejected Bale and got Walcott instead. I know Walcott's good, but Madrid aren't considering trading the whole of Spain for him :P

Years
  • ShadowExcadrill, Delfouneso has just been loaned to Blackpool (our opponents today) so you might want to remove him from your fantasy team even if he is on the bench. I know I'm not meant to help my opposition but oh well. :P

While some of those Arsenal targets were a bit unrealistic, they should have still signed someone big by now. Pretty sure it's just Wenger being tight with the cash again, a shame as always especially during a season were the title race could be wide open.

Bale wouldn't be enough for Madrid I don't think. Paying double the Neymar price for him would certainly make poor business imo, Bale is great but Neymar is probably going to be better. I'd still like him to move because it would be exciting. I think if he doesn't get the move he wants he could play a big role in a serious Spurs title challenge though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • As it stands Norwich are the 5th highest spenders in the Premier League right now. If it stays like that until the end of the window I would be more than shocked, even if they got that Italian fellow and not Elmander

Bayol is about the name though, Real Brandrid need that, even if the player isn't really all that.

TY

ShadowExcadrill, Delfouneso has just been loaned to Blackpool (our opponents today) so you might want to remove him from your fantasy team even if he is on the bench. I know I'm not meant to help my opposition but oh well. :P

While some of those Arsenal targets were a bit unrealistic, they should have still signed someone big by now. Pretty sure it's just Wenger being tight with the cash again, a shame as always especially during a season were the title race could be wide open.

Bale wouldn't be enough for Madrid I don't think. Paying double the Neymar price for him would certainly make poor business imo, Bale is great but Neymar is probably going to be better. I'd still like him to move because it would be exciting. I think if he doesn't get the move he wants he could play a big role in a serious Spurs title challenge though.

Darn it and i had to replace Manolev since his loan got expired at Fulham.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Norwich snuck a draw out of that game when they really should have lost. v.Wolfswinkel scored a bretty gud début goal even if it came from a sliced cross. Considering Norwich had 3 dead starters (Fer, Snodgrass and Bassong) out through injury and suspension I don't think I could have asked for a lot more.

>Arsenal

>Emnes

Man Utd parking the bus and letting RvP do everything still. I guess it works.

Last edited:
    Back