• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Young should not play another professional game for Manchester United. Thing is, once he gets a substitute appearance for 10 minutes and gets in a few decent touches, he'll be a starter next game and play like a league one player.

Manchester United's win against Liverpool was quite vital, even if it was a lower round league cup. Hernandez should be picked ahead of Welbeck in pretty much all circumstances unless the latter improves dramatically.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Don't think Lebanon have ever qualified for the World Cup.

Norwich won their second away match in a row, just what we needed before the Chelsea and Arsenal games.

Years
  • Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, the thread sort of dies when I disappear doesn't it? :P

I see today Moyes believes United should aim for Champions League glory which is just a ridiculous thing to say under the current circumstances. I think he's digging a deeper hole for himself. I expect they'll draw or lose to Shakhtar tonight.

Years
  • ^1-1 draw. Boring game and neither teams had much clear chances.

The only way United would win the Champions League is if they play 9-0-1 every game hoofing the ball up to RVP praying he can receive the ball and score.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    ^1-1 draw. Boring game and neither teams had much clear chances.

The only way United would win the Champions League is if they play 9-0-1 every game hoofing the ball up to RVP praying he can receive the ball and score.

Neither team had many clear chances...that's a good thing. We're the first English team to take a point from Shakhtar in Ukraine. League form might be being cursed by rotation, but we seem to be putting out the right team for Cup games. Shame we've still not got chance to unleash the RooVP combination for any period of time yet - could be more prolific than SAS at Liverpool.

Also, Wigan won a game in the Europa League! Nick Powell scored! Twice! Futures looking bright for United with the likes of Januzaj and Powell, just a shame we also pay Ashley Young to play for us - Rooney on crutches would be a better winger IMO.

Finally, Chelsea - they play Juan Mata, they win. Surprised? Mourinho must be the only one who isn't.

Years
  • Just going to keep our little thread alive by saying this whole Januzaj naturalisation debate seems a bit pointless. We can't play him anyway so why are people fiercely debating whether he should or not?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    I don't pay attention to the sport that much, but when I do I watch the Chicago Fire play. I currently live in Wisconsin and was born here, but I grew up in Bolingbrook, which is in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. The team competes in MLS which stands for Major League SOCCER! Football here is American Football so deal with it! :P

Years
  • I don't pay attention to the sport that much, but when I do I watch the Chicago Fire play. I currently live in Wisconsin and was born here, but I grew up in Bolingbrook, which is in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. The team competes in MLS which stands for Major League SOCCER! Football here is American Football so deal with it! :P

Believe it or not, there are people outside of United States.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    Believe it or not, there are people outside of United States.
    You're SO funny. :P
    I'm well aware that soccer is the number one played sport world wide, but I'm from America so I didn't grow up liking any foreign teams or even teams from other states in my country. Most people become fans of things that are close to home and only branch out if they are really interested in something. Soccers just not my thing, for watching or playing. I'm terrible...

Years
  • I hate these international breaks.

Agreed there. I did actually watch the England game for the first time since Euro 2012 though last night and for once it was alright. The first half was horribly boring as usual, but the second half was pretty entertaining and Townsend scored a great goal.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    If everyone in the news shut up complaining about how bad England's prospects are and whether or not we should try begging Januzaj to stall his future international career until he's eligible to play for England, I wouldn't mind the international breaks. Outside of 5 minutes before and after the game nobody actually talks about the football.

Years
  • I read an interesting article about a Cheltenham player going to India to play football on BBC a few weeks ago. Link

Have you heard about him Banz? Is his story actually unique in the I-League?

Years
  • There's quite a lot of Brasilian and African footballers here. We have a rule that limits the number of foreign players per club to 4.

Years
  • That seems like a bit of a strict rule, but I suppose it'll be good for the Indian national team in future.

I really hope Hodgson isn't thinking Raheem Sterling will be the gamble that helps England qualify, I don't particularly rate him as a player. If anything, I'd like to see Barkley given a chance.

Last edited:
    Back