• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • And Dempsey gives the United States an extremely early lead against Ghana 30 seconds in. Wow...that's incredible...I'm just...

A-Bugs-Life.gif

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Yeah, I'm shocked that I didn't take Dempsey for first goalscorer... The last 2 I've took for first goalscorer haven't even started but were on the bench...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Probably won't see much of Dempsey either.... Jesus that was a nasty kick to the face.

Years
  • It'll take more than that to stop Dempsey. Just wondering how easily Fulham might've stayed up if they grabbed him back in the MLS offseason.

Ghana have too many of the same players, having a big man would play right into their hands here.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Ghana are trying to push a bit more to get a goal, at least. I think Ghana have under-performed, really... USA have been not so bad.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • At work I was, "I expect the ref will add 90 minutes of injury time because the entire Nigeria - Iran has been a waste of time from the first to the last minute". At least we had some good laughs every time they did something really really pathetic. Or just looking at the names.

Me: "Substitution- Ramon out, Odemwingie in." Workmate: "Odemwingie? That is a pokémon name, isn't it?"

Also, to all the Portuguese in here:

BqRPhM5IEAAG9mv.jpg

Except two people. One: Pepe, get a brain. Seriously. You could do with one. And two: Ronaldo. You know the movie about yourself that's being made? Well, right after the scene in which you celebrate with all your soul scoring an utterly pointless penalty in injury time with 3-1, you should add this other one:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    There's Ghana equalised! Now levelled the game at 1-1!!

And USA have scored!! 2-1 USA!!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    They've done it! USA win 2-1 over Ghana! Sweet revenge for them after the previous world cup last 16.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    There were a lot of close chances in that game, but Tim Howard did very well in keeping most of them out.

So, Belgium v Algeria tomorrow. I think it might finish 4-0.

Years
  • As a bit of back story, I just turned on the television when Ghana scored to equalize the game. Of course, from social media I had been aware that USA scored extremely early in the game, and it shocked me that they had maintained that same score through most of the allotted time. However, with around eight minutes left, Ghana had pulled within striking distance! And then, possibly even more shocking - Brooks closed the match with a beautiful header that made me jump out of my seat. Spectacular ending, and what a win for the US!

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    Probably won't last but hell, I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Some of the recent games have been boring so far. I really hope that Brazil v Mexico actually put on a show. I don't think there will be that many goals but I think there will be a ton of chances.

Years
  • Man, what an absolutely turgid affair - Brazil and Mexico's match had me on the edge of my seat. Score ended 0-0, but probably was one of the most entertaining World Cup matches so far. Ochoa is the man of the hour, definitely. He'll be getting the same treatment John Brooks did last night, haha, and for good reason, he played brilliantly. Neymar's header was inches from breaking the plane, a truly remarkable save.

Igor Akinfeev should think about moving out of Russia. :[

Back