• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I forgot that it was on tbh. Shame.

Also forgot that we were playing Chelsea tonight until somebody mentioned it to me a few hours ago. My bearings are so off at the moment.

Edit - Naimar out, guess we'll probably only win 2 - 0.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    A win over Newcastle at the weekend should secure our Premier League position for another season definetly given we still have Villa away (they cant beat us twice surely)

Unreal that our small tinpot club will manage to survive a Premier League season where we have never really have a full strength side and our top striker has been out for 4/5 of it so looking forward to next season when Afobe is upfront with Wilson

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    The Newcastle game has reminded me of our game earlier on in the season, how on earth we lost I shall never know
    guMm3j3.jpg

Years
  • We throw results away or just get incredibly unlucky atm. Of course the big failure was not signing a central defender in the summer. David McNally pretty much told the fans that Koulibaly had agreed a contract and would have signed had Napoli gotten in a replacement, probably going to end up a 'what could have been' type of season.

A4Ak4f2.jpg

Massive game tomorrow.

Years
  • Boro's unstable run continues, I have no idea whether that win on Friday was the end or whether we'll continue to be constantly up and down. Gaston Ramirez is a delight to watch though.

It's a bit of a shame Spurs couldn't hold on to their win. As much as I want Leicester to win the title, it might be more fun if it stayed closer.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Boro's unstable run continues, I have no idea whether that win on Friday was the end or whether we'll continue to be constantly up and down. Gaston Ramirez is a delight to watch though.

It's a bit of a shame Spurs couldn't hold on to their win. As much as I want Leicester to win the title, it might be more fun if it stayed closer.
    Ohhhhhh Gaston Ramirez, can't help but love that man.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    MLS started today. NASL soon after. Can't wait to watch some Minnesota United games.

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
  • as a brighton fan i desperately hope that boro's shaky run continues. hull are looking good and burnley are looking completely unstoppable, so we need people to slip up, especially if we're not scoring against teams like pne. that one wasn't fun.

i'm pumped for MLS because it's one of the only leagues that doesn't require me to stay up until 4 in the morning to watch games. can't wait.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Starting to get excited I want to be able to celebrate our league survival... but fearing its a little early to do so. 11 points clear of the drop but our GD pretty much makes it 12 points surely its just a formality

Years
  • Premier League is pretty crazy this year.

Would be amazing that in a year where Spurs are great and the regular big sides are awful that Leicester would go and win it.

I'm a realist though unfortunately. It'll be Man City, and then they'll go onto dominate for the next few years under Pep.

Yeah this year the whole football world learned two new things. Jose Mourinho is the special three instead of special one as he self proclaimed and Leicester is in 1st position so crazy this year lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Yeah this year the whole football world learned two new things. Jose Mourinho is the special three instead of special one as he self proclaimed and Leicester is in 1st position so crazy this year lol.
    The special 3 are surely Ranieri, Pochettino and Howe
    Amazing to think not only are Lecister and Spurs the top 2 theres also the potential of West Ham cracking the top 4

Years
  • You're safe tittlemouse, I'm sure you can celebrate already.

Meanwhile our battle will be either going down to the wire or failing miserably early. We need to get Rhodes firing quickly because Nugent is suddenly laughably bad.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Yup, it's pretty much down to the bottom 4 now, and if anybody else slips in it'd probably be Palace.
    Nah, I'm betting on Sunderland, Aston Villa Norwich.

If Newcastle fall the BPL won't be the same. Plus Palace played averagely good against us, and win in the next few games will probably happen. As for Bournemouth, I'm happy the didn't fall.

Oh and we'll beat Man U tomorrow :D

Years
  • Considering how much they've spent in the last couple of windows it would be pretty hilarious if Newcastle went down. They've gone down with a pretty decent squad in the not too distant past and their spirit seems non-existent.

I don't think relegations for Villa and Sunderland would be such a bad thing in the long run, they really need a reboot. Although I guess it they could go the way of a Leeds or a Wednesday, there's not much money around Villa these days.

Obviously hope we don't drop but yeah, I think we probably will. Still got huge home games with Newcastle and Sunderland so I'm not giving up hope just yet.

Sunderland have a manger that gets results and a strijer that scores goals, I really think they're the team to beat in the 'mini-league' at the bottom.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    If Newcastle go down everyone in the Championship should give up winning the league next season, with a proper manager that squad should easily be midtable maybe even top 10

Back