• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The future of pokemon ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    WHat is the future future of pokemon or what can nintendo do in the future to make pokemon more real ?????

Maybe a Pokemon RPG on the Wii with online ??????

maybe pet robots of pokemon ????

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    An MMO? Meh.

I'd like to see a game where you control the trainer in an open-world game where you move freely travel through the specified region, and you take control of the Pokemon you battle with, and you have an arena like battle where you're able to move freely and dodge moves and such.

Meh, you get what I'm saying. I've been thinking of how a game like that might work. Unfortunatly, I can think of a relativly good way to do it without making me piss myself in rage about how complicated that **** is.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Only one question mark is necessary to end a sentence.

An MMO would be very nice. A lot of people (myself included) have the ambition to include it as a feature of their ROM hacks / RPG Maker games. It's an interesting concept to say the least. :V

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I suppose the games will always be kind of the same as they always are, but they'll keep getting more refined.

Also, I want to play a game where the main character is an explorer who goes around a deserted island making friends with Pokemon. There wouldn't be any fighting or anything; you'd just kind of explore.

Years
    I suppose the games will always be kind of the same as they always are, but they'll keep getting more refined.

Also, I want to play a game where the main character is an explorer who goes around a deserted island making friends with Pokemon. There wouldn't be any fighting or anything; you'd just kind of explore.
    This kinda reminds me of Pokemon Channel. They didn't really want to be friends with you, but they did with Pikachu? XD

Also, wtf @ pet robots. That's just strange.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
    Two words. Virtual reality. Hey, guys, it's the future! :P

Virtual reality Pokemon MMO is what I see in the far future, assuming Pokemon survives that long... but it would basically bring the Pokemon world to life. Combine that with handheld games in 3D for when you're not at home... and you have the perfect Pokemon system.

Of course if you're thinking near future, the next iteration of the DS should be able to handle Colosseum and XD-style 3D battles. It's a start.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I think that it would be cool in they made a pokemon game online where you can team up with other people and fight with pokemon that you catch. I would join if it was free.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    Only one question mark is necessary to end a sentence

Quite true. Oherwise it seems like you are demanding something.

Now, back on topic. Personally, I think a Pokemon MMO would be kind of.... I'm not sure. If it was executed perfectly, it would be good. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a very good addition to the series.

However, the fifth generation is probably already being planned, and I bet it's going to be a lot like Diamond and Pearl were to Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Why stop at robots? Why not make the real thing?!

Using gene manipulation, we could create the likeness of actual Pokemon. Sure, no powers would be represented (in early models at least) but it may one day be possible to have your very own Pokemon.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    A virtual world online like Runescape except with pokémon where you could battle oher people would be quite cool.
    But it would probably stop people playing the game "/

I'll say there'll be several remakes/Generations to come.

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
    Years
    i like the idea with genetic minipulation. it wouldn't be that hard with microtechnology. it would be possible for some to have powers such as pound, dig, rockthrow, hi jump kick, ect.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'm dubious about the idea of an MMO as it could go either way, it would have to be executed perfectly to work (and of course no dreaded monthly payments)
    And I'm all for Genetic Manipulation but imagine the uproar! Christians going on a murderous rampage outside the Nintendo HQ, Ethics committees launching riots outside pokemon shops, dogs and cats living together; mass hysteria. Oh and imagine what a Groudon would do to Global Warming o_0.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Why stop at robots? Why not make the real thing?!

Using gene manipulation, we could create the likeness of actual Pokemon. Sure, no powers would be represented (in early models at least) but it may one day be possible to have your very own Pokemon.
    I'm sure it can be done at some point in life...I once read that scientist are trying to revive a mammoth by placing a mammoth embryo inside of a pregnant mother elephant or something of that sort. But I don't think scientist and biologist and whatnot are really going to release Pokemon to the public, let alone attempt to create them...

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    sigh
    if animals evovle into pokemon that would kinda rock but eventually lead to the fall of humantitly then we become pokemon our sleves and eventually kill each in a genocide war the leads to nukeral war the kills evertyhing on earth
    so that would be a no,Nyjil

Years
    Right now I'm working on an animation of what it would be like if pokemon didn't have turnbase battles. It's pretty cool.

We can think up as many ideas as we want, but the truth is, pokemon will always be the same game as it has been, on handheld systems.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I seriously cannot predict the future of Pokémon. I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Mario Franchise where they keep on releasing games no one wants to play because they aren't putting enough effort into them.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    An MMORPG sounds possible, but I'm not sure they could make it right.
    I've always thought they should have a Pokémon action game...it would be awesome. Hold B while flinging the Wii remote to use Hydro Pump. YES.
    In fact I heard somewhere about Junichi Masuda considering putting action into the Heartgold and Soulsilver games...let's see if that happens. :DDD
    Christians going on a murderous rampage outside the Nintendo HQ
    *Facepalm* Don't be judgmental. >:(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back