• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Future!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well, this is about the future. What do you except of it? Good things? Bad Things? The same? Why do you think that? Do you want it to come?

My opinion is very.. well, on the fence. Right now, it could go either way, but more towards a bad future. I would like a nice future, but I wouldn't want a futuristic future(with new flying cars and stuff) To be honest, I am afraid of the future. I don't want to have kids and them look back to my childhood and say,"Wow! That is how you used to do things?!?" I wanna live in this century(maybe a little advanced) forever. Honestly, I can say I don't want the future, it scares me.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Well, if the economy fails... very bad things will come.

If not, then I just see technological advancements to the extreme. No real opinion on that, really.

Maybe if the Israeli-Palestinian conflict fires up again, or countries like China become extrememely agressive... maybe that could lead to world war, which I'm obviously not looking foreward to.

Junryou

Eco? Logical!
    Years
    ...But we can only hope for the best.

Also, a huge issue is Global Warming. Will we die from drowning in the oceans? Will the killer bees reach The rest of the U.S?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You'll want to brace yourself for my vivid imagination...

Colonial Republic of Mars vs United Nations

Mars gets colonised, Earth's resources run out, Mars hogs them all for its own development, war ensues as civilisation on Earth starts to wither.
    That's my best-case scenario, because it would be epic. It's also probably beyond our lifetimes, but whatever, shut up. D:

All I know is I'll enjoy it for as long as nukes stay uninvolved.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Only YOU can change the future (that's really dorky)

Sadly or happily (whatever perspective) our family lives in a bubble and we do things alot differently. For one thing, our family is together while every other kid in my school has divorced parents. If things keep going the way they are going, we will fullfil the traditional way of life we were raised to lead, while worse things could happen outside the bubble

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Also, a huge issue is Global Warming. Will we die from drowning in the oceans? Will the killer bees reach The rest of the U.S?
    After researching the topic more extensively, I've come to the conclusion that the idea of human-caused global warming is grossly exaggerated. For one thing, the idea that increased amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere increases the temperature is false. It's actually the other way around: increased temperatures cause higher atmospheric CO2 levels. It's because of how the temperature affects the solubility of CO2 in salt water. Because of this, the vast majority of atmospheric CO2 comes from the ocean, not our cars.

As for the future, I don't see any significant change. There will be wars, poverty, injustice, terrorism, and no one will understand how the economy works. Each new generation will be radicals out for change while growing up, and reactionaries valuing tradition as they get much older.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    predict that in the future:
    this wars gonna friggin end

nintendo will finally bust and legally release mother 3

the same thing except smRPG2

rap will die and rock will come back again

some country over where all the wars are happening is gonna get nuked

the U.S. economy will somehow mysteriously get fixed

the cubs will win the world series...... ha ha thats a good one!:laugh:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    The future is none of my concern. Neither is the past really, but it's sometimes nice to think about them. Despite that, I predict that in the future each one of us will die a some point and all this won't matter any more.

Years
    The polar caps will probably melt, causing the sea level to rise, and thus, within 100 years, the world will be all water. all humans and animals will be moved to Mars by then.(sorry about the negativeness, im just saying my opinion.k?)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The polar caps will probably melt, causing the sea level to rise, and thus, within 100 years, the world will be all water. all humans and animals will be moved to Mars by then.(sorry about the negativeness, im just saying my opinion.k?)

The majority of the frozen ice in the polar caps is already underwater, so if all of that ice melted, the sea levels would not rise to the point where any significant portion of land is submerged. It's the same idea as melting ice in a glass of water. When the water melts, the amount of water in the glass doesn't go up because the ice has already displaced the water. This is yet another lie that global warming enthusiasts like to spew out to try to get people to believe their horrible logic. Just as the average temperature of the earth fluctuates, the amount of ice on the polar ice caps fluctuates as well.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im not the type who looks at everything negatively but I seriously dont see good things happening much. My imagination only allows me to see the future as war, global warming, bad economy, mass murders, terrorism, tsunamis, hurricanes, and everything.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    The future is almost unpredictable, unfortunately. Although there are plenty of people out there who make careers out of predicting the future(not psychics...I mean economists, politicians, etc), nobody will get it 100% right. Although, as Einstein said, if one person were to know the exact position of every particle in the known universe, s/he would then theoretically be able to "predict" where they are all headed. But as many of you can guess, this isn't going to happen any time soon. XD

Although looking at the past is a good way of predicting the future. Though unfortunately, the last major economic crisis was resolved thanks to world war....and I hope that people are smart enough to realize that that is no longer the way to do things. Or rather, it never should have been in the first place. >_<

As for global warming...I hate to say it, but I think this should be put to the side while we try to manage the other problem I mentioned. Unless...instead of putting people to work waging wars, why not get them to help put an end to all these causes? Reducing emissions, less harmful energy resources, etc. Much better then tanks, fighter jets, and nuclear weapons if you ask me.

And on another, related note, I'll leave you with a quote from Planet of the Apes:

"Can't we all just get along?" :P

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    The future rests with your hands. If you want to die now, then you don't exist in future. All negative things happening today are just a challenge we need to pass. I'd rather scared of my future being dead. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I agree, in the inconvient truth, al gore says about 5 min on whats causing global warnming (and those 5 min are filled with lousy graphs, cartoons, etc) then he spends the rest of the time explaining in great detail the effects.

I was supposed to write an essay for my science summative about whether global warming is a human cause or a natural phenomenon. When we watched two movies foucusing on the two sides of global warming, his gave me no factual information at all. The second movie even gave me proof that al gores movie was wrong so i had to choose option b

Back