• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: The Future

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Now that we have a public thread for feedback for this years Get-Together, I reckon it's only right to have one on the management side of things. Discussion of how this event so went down, and what we learned from it, and what we as a collective think we can do better next year (if the same folks decide to volunteer), even for new blood.

Years
  • Communication was an issue at times. We shouldn't have to wait up to a day between doing an @GT Management and getting a response. The Discord server should have been set up the way it was in the end with the info channel as the lading place from the beginning too. Otherwise though I think we did quite well overall, we adapted to unexpected challenges, had all the events ready on time and I don't think there were any disputes or troublemakers or anything really.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Definitely agreeing on communication and the Discord server set-up. I've been seeing this more and more as I've been going through the public feedback thread that it should have been longer. Maybe next year, decide to do something that doesn't deal with teams and just have events just to have fun and remove the team aspect.

Years
  • I always thought the length feedback was kind of odd. Last year when the Get Together was like two weeks long, people burned out hard towards the last few days, so I'm surprised people want it to last longer? Idk, I was just fearing history repeating itself but hey, new get together, new people I guess. Maybe they won't get as easily burned out as last time.

Years
  • I'd stick to teams tbh. It might seem counterintuitive for a "Get-Together" at first but I think the team/competitive spirit does a lot more for actually bringing people together than just a bunch of random events dumped into one place does.

Years
  • I didn't really liked idea of teams last year, but it was okay this year. But I would like to see something new in the next GT like everyone vs one big Pokémon or everyone trying to catch as many Pokémon as they can, but as whole, not fractured on teams.
    I'm all in for longer GT, even through I felt burned out last 2 days and didn't really do much. But it was mostly because of doing daily CAH games. Week and a half was really bad for some events.

Also agree on the communication thing. It happened multiple times that I was asking about something, not getting responses and then that thing was resolved while I was sleeping/away without me contributing to it.

Years
  • can we not do trivia events next time pls

one of my biggest concerns @ last year's gt was that trivia events carried a *huge* sum of points and it was pretty dependent on whether or not a particular team had video game gurus or not

Years
  • can we not do trivia events next time pls

one of my biggest concerns @ last year's gt was that trivia events carried a *huge* sum of points and it was pretty dependent on whether or not a particular team had video game gurus or not

I can say with confidence every team did and every team always will. We're a site full of passionate gamers.

Back