• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gauntlet.

Precipice

I may be pure badass, but...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    The Gauntlet.​
    Are you up to the challenge?
    Approved by Aurafire​

Introduction:

We all play a game where Pokemon faint and then are later revived to fight again in another battle. Consider, though, what it would be like if the game were a little darker? A little less forgiving? A little more deadly? This tournament attempts to recreate that scenario on Pokemon Online by building up its own banlist for individual players based on who they let faint - or "die" - in each round. Are you ready to brave the gauntlet?

General Tournament Rules:

1. Be sure to follow all of Pokécommunity's rules in this tourney.

2. This is a single-battle DP OU tournament where your Pokemon can "die" between rounds.

3. There will be a week of time for each round of the tournament. (Extensions for active members who simply cannot get together are OK) When signing up for the tournament, keep this in mind, as I will not hesitate to remove inactive players at the end of rounds or flip coins.

4. BOTH players must post what pokemon the winner of the battle lost in the match. This is to insure there is no cheating.

5. Each Pokemon that faints on your team in any battle of the tournament can never be used on any of your teams for the rest of the tournament. The Pokemon that you can not use will be publicly listed for your opponents to see and build their teams around.
    For example, in the first round, you win the match, but lost a Scizor and a Gliscor. These Pokemon can no longer be used by you in the second or future rounds, should you make it further.

6. I really don't want to have to do coin flips, so make sure you get your matches done ASAP. If I have to do a coin flip, the winner will have 4 random DP OU pokemon eliminated.

7. Pokemon Online is the standard battle simulator to be used on this tourney, however wifi or shoddy may be played if both players give consent. All battles done on Pokemon Online must be completed on the PC Battle server. I would also suggest you save your battle logs, should any problems arise.

Battle Rules:

Evasion Clause
    Sleep Clause
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Species Clause
    Strict Damage Clause
    Timed Battle

Sign ups: This is a 16 man tourney, first come first serve. Failing that we will go down to an 8 man tourney and have an extras as subs.

Precipice

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    signups are open people, just in case you'e wondering....

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    seems cool, I'm in.
    My PO name is Peeko and im pretty active

Precipice

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    Ok, 2 entrants.

This will be a loong tourney .-.

Precipice

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    yeah I know, dead forums are dead.

I might try and redo this when genV comes out.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
    So does that rule mean like, if I have a Tyranitar with a Hardy nature that dies, I cant use Tyranitar anymore? Or is it if I lose Hardy Tyran, I cant use that same one, but can use a different one, like Naughty nature Tyran?
    I just wanna get the rules straight before I decide.

Back