• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    an uber fast, ice fighting type

think infernape but ice punch

Hopefully the 4th generation of Pokemon is the last generation. I hope they won't make a 5th generation. Game Freak is running out of ideas.

umm thats what everyone thought after the release of the 2nd then 3rd generation.
    just saying, we say no more potential then gamefreak freakin proves us wrong

Last edited:

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I don't have types as much as i have pokemon xD WE NEED THE PREVO TO TAUROS AND MILTANK!

I'm making fake pokemon, and I have come with quite some new types and things, and I'd like things like these to be added (not that that will happen, but still):

Grass/Steel, the grass starter, it's a Dinosaur with diamonds and other steel things on it's body. In the 3rd evo, it's made of Titanium :P.
    Fire/Bug, the fire starter, it's a fiery dragonfly, and well, that's it XD.
    Water/Ghost, the water starter, first it's just some misty pokemon, and then it turns into more mist and mysterious air and such, to make it ghost :P.
    Ice/Dragon, an Icy Dragon, nothing more to say.
    Grass/Fire, this one doesnt make sense but I made a Kitten > Puma > Cheetah, and made it grass/fire XD.
    Steel/Ghost, a possessed armor or helmet. Learns all kinds of reflective attacks, and dark, psychic and ghost attacks.
    Electric/Psychic, the ultimate light pokemon, first it's a light orb, and then turns into some greater monster, sending off huge amounts of light (more than Ampharos), also learns Luster Purge (becuase it's a light based attack), Solar Beam, a couple of fire attacks, and other Psychic and Electric attacks.
    Grass/Ghost, a pumpkin pokemon, very obvious.
    Bug/Ice, an ice bug...
    An evo of Masquerain, and turn it back to Bug/Water.
    Evo of Farfetch'd which holds a sword and is Fighting/Flying :P.
    Evo of Torkoal which is Ice/Fire.
    Baby form of Kangaskhan, and a possible evo of Kangaskhan which is Ground/Fight.
    Evo of Pinsir, I made it Bug/Fighting, and it can learn a couple of Psychic attacks.
    Evo of Tauros, making it a lion, and making it Normal/Fire (fiery manes).
    Evo of Lapras which is Water/Dragon or Ice/Dragon.
    Evo of Aerodactyl which is Dragon/Rock, and leanrs all kinds of recoil-attacks, but has Rock Head ability.
    Evo of Girafarig (Zebrarbez), which is Ghost/Normal, or Dark/Normal.
    Evo of Dunsparce which is Dark/Ground.
    Unneccesary evo of Rotom.
    Evo of Venomoth, which is Bug/Psychic.
    Evo of Ariados, which is Bug/Dark.
    Evos of Volbeat and Illumise which are Bug/Electric.
    I redid Trapinch and it's evos, and made another form of it, the Insect Forme (Ground/Bug), and it evolved into Bug/Dragon.
    Evo of Primeape which is Fight/Dark.
    Branch evo of Luxio (cancel the evolution to Luxray til lvl 35, then it evolves in this pokemon), which is Electric/Dark, and slightly more powerful than Luxray (because it evolves later).

Other ideas Im working on:
    Dark/Psychic, evo of Grumpig.
    Dark/Steel, evo of Mawile.
    Electric/Fight, evo of Electabuzz, whatevs (they should have made those 2 Electric/Fight anyway).
    Electric/Ground, evo of Sandslash.
    Fight/Rock, evo of Sudowoodo :P.
    Fire/Poison, evo of Weezing.
    Fire/Psychic, evo of Ninetales.
    Ghost/Psychic, evo of Hypno.
    Ice/Rock, evo of Cloyster.
    Ice/Steel, evo of Glalie (Froslass also gets an evo, but stays Ice/Ghost).
    Poison/Steel, evo of Muk.

Well, they should add things like these, and cover more not-existing type combos.

Sounds like all of my pokemon from my old series...

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    an uber fast, ice fighting type

think infernape but ice punch

umm thats what everyone thought after the release of the 2nd then 3rd generation.
    just saying, we say no more potential then gamefreak freakin proves us wrong

lol, When G/S/C was out, I never heard anyone ever said that. The life span of G/S/C wasn't even that long either. Even when the 3rd generation was out, they relieved some 4th generation Pokemon quick. The Arceus movie will come out in Japan in July 2009. But have we heard any 5th generation Pokemon in the upcoming movie? No.

Last edited:

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Have we heard anything about a 5th generation at all? its just for fun...no seriously did they announce a 5th gen? o.O if they did i wanna see...

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    Have we heard anything about a 5th generation at all? its just for fun...no seriously did they announce a 5th gen? o.O if they did i wanna see...

Of course they didn't, given the fact that HG and SS are just freshly being announced >__>.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Ground/Dark : Maybe a pokemonic form of the Desert Devil
    Fire/Ghost: Satan with two horns in fiery form
    Fire/Dragon: C'mon a real fire-breathing dragon, not a pseudo like Charizard
    Psychic/Dragon: Imagine a Dragon with psychic powers.. oO
    Rock/Dragon: Maybe somewhat like a "dragonized" Rhyhorn/Rhydon
    Ice/Fire: Maybe legendary Pokemon who rules over coldness and warmness

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    Ground/Dark : Maybe a pokemonic form of the Desert Devil
    Fire/Ghost: Satan with two horns in fiery form
    Fire/Dragon: C'mon a real fire-breathing dragon, not a pseudo like Charizard
    Psychic/Dragon: Imagine a Dragon with psychic powers.. oO
    Rock/Dragon: Maybe somewhat like a "dragonized" Rhyhorn/Rhydon
    Ice/Fire: Maybe legendary Pokemon who rules over coldness and warmness

Psychic/Dragon already exists, Latias and Latios are Dragon/Psychic ^^.

Years
    i see where you are coming from tory
    but, with the upcoming release of HG and SS,
    it was probably released for two reasons,
    number one, it was gonna happen sooner or later
    number two, buy time to make a new generation

Ayselipera

I'd like to see new fire, electric, steel, and ice types.

Fire/Psychic
    Steel/Dark
    Ice/Fighting
    Electric/Grass

Besides combos I would like to see
    more pure types of these pokemon
    especially steel and ice types.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    What does everyone here think to the introduction of two new visible stats - Accuracy and Evasion. They wouldn't change as you grew levels, but would be affected in-battle (as they already are with moves such as Sand Attack and Double Team). I think it'd be useful, as you'd be able to teach inaccurate moves such as Zap Cannon or Fissure even to Pokemon with a higher accuracy stat, and use Pokemon with high evasion as an alternative to those with high defenses, just throw them out and watch them dodge attack after attack.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    What does everyone here think to the introduction of two new visible stats - Accuracy and Evasion. They wouldn't change as you grew levels, but would be affected in-battle (as they already are with moves such as Sand Attack and Double Team). I think it'd be useful, as you'd be able to teach inaccurate moves such as Zap Cannon or Fissure even to Pokemon with a higher accuracy stat, and use Pokemon with high evasion as an alternative to those with high defenses, just throw them out and watch them dodge attack after attack.

each move has their own accuracy rate

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Pure types aren't necessarily a bad thing, but for competitive battling, it is. Now a days, if you looking at any Pokemon on any competitive team, they are some sort of combination. The only pure types you see a lot of are the likes of Blissey and some bulky waters and ghosts.

I don't think they'll make too many more pure types, if at all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Agreed. More fire types. I'd like to see a fire/rock or fire/ground Pokemon.

Also, that bit about a fighting/flying Pokemon sounds sexy. Could look like Blaziken (with variations) and some wings. Maybe it's colors would be different shades of white/grey and blue.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
    well im gonna assume that the 5th gen pokemon will be on the next gen nintendo handheld (not the dsi) so provided it has the capacity i really,really hope we can travel between at least 3 regions and use an online feature where we can be in a mmo like world that actually shows everyone moving around battleing and talking,some on the fly trading,and just an epic pokemon world hmmm maybe even multiplayer quest with friends on a friend list and lobby invites oops sorry i got carried away

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    well im gonna assume that the 5th gen Pokemon will be on the next gen Nintendo handheld (not the dsi)

*sigh* the DS and DSi are the same, there are no games exclusive to the DSi, its the same as GameBoy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP

Years
    Alright, here is my opinions/wishes:
    • Instead of a big villain group, there should be a small group of seven or so that have some sort of unorganized plan that actually becomes something serious.
    • Also, there should be a rival villain group (kinda like in RSE) that wants to fight the other group.
    • Have a light element
    • The ability to see what the moves do in battle
    • More freedom in gym order, also gyms level up with you (it adds a little more challange)
    • All trainers have animated sprites
    • Poison and Dark type gyms
    • More extra lands after you achieve a national dex
    • Less legendaries... no more than 6 or 8
    • Bring back the phone system of gen II
    • More fire types, they are hard to find early on in games
    • Maybe, just maybe, you can explore all regions
    Thats it... for now

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Well, Pokémon with the Hustle ability have lower accuracy when they're using physical moves, and Pokémon with the Compoundeyes ability have their accuracy increased by 30%, so we already have a little bit about that. I like it that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back