• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    If a Fire/Fighting starter comes around again, expect a rampage from me.

Less water types, and more fire types would be very nice. And, uh, maybe new outfits to choose from/buy for your player?

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Am I the only one who is satisfied with the current lineup of Pokemon types?

I'm pretty happy with the current types of Pokemon. If any were to be added, I would want to see something along the lines of "Light" (to oppose "Dark") and Sonic (as we are currently seeing some sound-based Pokemon). But if those two things never came to fruition, that's fine with me.

What I would like to see is more of an exploration of the dual-type Pokemon. There are so many neat things that could be done with combining the current types creatively. For instance, Dark/Water or Grass/Fire. There are tons of ways you could combine the types to create some really interesting Pokemon.

*trails off, mumbling about dream jobs and dream Pokemon*

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'm pretty happy with the current types of Pokemon. If any were to be added, I would want to see something along the lines of "Light" (to oppose "Dark") and Sonic (as we are currently seeing some sound-based Pokemon). But if those two things never came to fruition, that's fine with me.

What I would like to see is more of an exploration of the dual-type Pokemon. There are so many neat things that could be done with combining the current types creatively. For instance, Dark/Water or Grass/Fire. There are tons of ways you could combine the types to create some really interesting Pokemon.

*trails off, mumbling about dream jobs and dream Pokemon*

Sharpedo and Crawdaunt say hi.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I would like a more story based game, and maybe where you can pick between starting towns, which would effect the story or summin'. For example, maybe you could:

Start off in an industrial city, where you can choose between Fire, Steel, or Rock as your starter. (I do believe that that trio works...)

Start off in an isolated forest or swamp village, where the starters are Grass, Ground, or Poison. (Should work as a trio as well =3 )

Or maybe in a major port town located on a sheer cliff face, with the starting trio as Rock, Flying, or Fighting.

Lol, basically something where the character you start as isn't just "some average dude" but actually has a past that matters to the story, and choices you can make as well.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Am I the only one who is satisfied with the current lineup of Pokemon types?

Agreed, NO NEW POKEMON TYPES!!!!!

Agree also, but you gotta make sure not to make dual-types that contradict each other

IE: Water/Steel. A major contradiction imo.

Plus dual-types that dun cover almost every weakness that Pokemon has, like Water/Grass

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i have a few things i would love to see in an upcoming game
    first i would love trainer customization. i dont really like how the trainers look in some of the games.
    second i would like to have something like the pokepark but where you can bring any kind of pokemon not just "cute" ones. i would love to have more interactions with pokemon.
    and third i would really love it if they allowed you to choose what pokemon you would like to battle with instead of always sending out the first in the list.
    and fourth maybe have something where you and your friends could link on wifi and like go catch pokemon or something. not just trading and battling but some new wifi stuff would be awesome.
    i know its really unlikely any of that stuff will get put into a game but it would be really cool

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    If a Fire/Fighting starter comes around again, expect a rampage from me.

Less water types, and more fire types would be very nice. And, uh, maybe new outfits to choose from/buy for your player?

Have to disagree. There should be a few more fire types but what they really need is just a little more diversity in water types. Water is life and if you consider the amount of marine life out there it only makes sense to have many water types. Though that begs the question, does anyone else miss dive? :P

Though I know I've mentioned most of these in here before I'd like:

1) An Ice/Dragon type. I've pretty much created it and it's evolution line 30 000 times over in my head but whatever. xD
    2) NO NEW POKEMON TYPES. Thank you =D
    3) I've always agreed with keeping the starters Grass/Fire/Water but what if at some point through the game you had the choice between say... Fighting/Rock/Flying pokemon. A second set of starters if you will.
    4) The ability to change the difficulty level of the game. It doesn't have to change the region or the storyline at all. Just the ability to choose whether you want the the Champions highest level to be 50, 60, or 70+ (In balance with the rest of the game)
    5) Bug catching contests, and something to spice them up a little...somehow...:P

and third i would really love it if they allowed you to choose what pokemon you would like to battle with instead of always sending out the first in the list.

You can change which pokemon is first in your party...

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    You can change which pokemon is first in your party...

I think she meant for the game to give you the option to choose which pokemon to send out when the battle starts, instead of it automatically sending out the first one. Although I think this would take away some of the challenge.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I think she meant for the game to give you the option to choose which pokemon to send out when the battle starts, instead of it automatically sending out the first one. Although I think this would take away some of the challenge.

Aah...I've just always imagined the trainers throwing their pokeballs out simulatenously and just hoping they match up better...:P

On topic though, I think the rival concept can really be built on. Or just add more of a "friend." DPPt saw us travelling with people. I think it'd be cool if you actually got a call from your rival or friend saying he/she needed help with something then you could head out and actually help them with whatever they were trying to accomplish. It wouldn't have to be plot related but could unlock some neat side quests with some handy rewards, whether it be rare pokemon or a hard-to-come-by item.

Actually it could just be anyone random, showing that by winning so many battles and defeating the Elite 4 you actually gain some sort of street cred. Everyone seems to know who is Cynthia is, how come no one know's who you are after you beat her?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html
    I saw this article on pokemon.jp a little bit ago I wondering if this is the first info on the 5th gen or not or maybe a completely new series. Either way hopefully it is something worth while. Anyone else hear anything about this? Maybe February Coro Coro issue will give more detail about this. Or if somebody could give me a better translation then google translator.

Last edited:

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html
    I saw this article on pokemon.jp a little bit ago I wondering if this is the first info on the 5th gen or not or maybe a completely new series. Either way hopefully it is something worth while. Anyone else hear anything about this? Maybe February Coro Coro issue will give more detail about this. Or if somebody could give me a better translation then google translator.

From what I can read, its on about a completely new series. Its in development for release later this year. Part of me thinks thats too short of a period for the 5th generation, but either way, its an RPG. Maybe Pokemon will expand into the tactical RPG genre?

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
    Years
    What more types to added huh?I'm quite satisfied with what we have already,just mix em' all together like usual and we have a complex type-system :P Hmm,new region is a must,new cool-looking characters are a must as well xD And,a zooming option?Cool!Not to forget the backsprites,I hope they stop making retarded looking ones (I'm sorry if this is offending).Ah the last thing is,try to complete the old Pokemons' evolution lines until they are all three stages of evolution 8D

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Should the next Gen games start to transition into more 3d aspects? I think so the basic sprites r getting old to me.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    What'd you mean 3D aspects? Wasn't Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver all in 3D?

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    What'd you mean 3D aspects? Wasn't Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver all in 3D?

Its a little known truth, but this is correct.

Infact, with some action replay codes, you can access the camera controls, and it shows all the models used are actually 3D, and not the Animal Crossing 3D in which things are actually 2D models with a 3D effect placed on them.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    How many Pokemon do you think will be added this time, im thinking about 110-120 it seems about right to me, I mean look at it so far
    Kanto: 151
    Johto: 100
    Hoenn: 135
    Sinnoh: 107
    What do you think does that sound about right?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    How many Pokemon do you think will be added this time, im thinking about 110-120 it seems about right to me, I mean look at it so far
    Kanto: 151
    Johto: 100
    Hoenn: 135
    Sinnoh: 107
    What do you think does that sound about right?

Agreed. If my perdictions are correct xDD we should be seeing something similar to the kanto and hoenn new pokemon count, and at most 2 pre-evolutions (like how hoenn had)

I wouldnt mind seeing new types like light or virus, but Im scared that they might completely screw up the playing field. In gen II, the dark and steel type additions were needed. I really dont see the need for new types, but Im curious how it will affect the games.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I don't know if anybody has seen this or not, but I wanted to share it because I thought it was exciting.

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_RPG_Announced

bulbsgarden.net said:
    The Pokémon Company announced today that a brand-new Pokémon RPG is set to be released later this year for the Nintendo DS. The original press release, along with Junichi Masuda's Blog entry on the announcement, have now both been translated by Bulbagarden webmaster Archaic. Given the mention of new Pokémon being included, and the statements that these games will be an "inventive rebirth" of the series and that the staff are "doing their best to exceed every Pokémon game before now", it would now appear that this is indeed an announcement for a fifth generation of main series games as was first speculated. This would be an interesting turn for the series to take, as two generations have never shared the primary console; while Generation II could be played on a regular Game Boy, it was designed with the Game Boy Color in mind.

The February 2010 edition of CoroCoro, due out in only a few weeks, is set to reveal a "surprising announcement", which will be related to this game, as well as the upcoming Pokémon movie, Phantom Ruler Z. In addition, we now know that the episode of Pokémon Sunday to be broadcast on February 7th will include an appearance from Junichi Masada himself, though no specific details have been released about what may be released here as of yet. With no Generation V Pokémon yet revealed, this would make for the shortest amount of time between the revelation of a brand-new Pokémon and its debut in the main series should these games be Generation V.

If that is correct, we could have the official announcement of the fifth generation in a few days.

EDIT: well it appears that you guy already know, but shouldn't that be in this thread anyways?

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I don't know if anybody has seen this or not, but I wanted to share it because I thought it was exciting.

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pokémon_RPG_Announced
    </p>
    I saw that part about this game exceeding the others, Im thinking that its possible. HG and SS has their flaws too, and I have the hoenn remakes buzzing in my mind. ARGHH its making my brain hurt. I wish they would hurry up and tell us what the new game is going to be

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Agreed. If my perdictions are correct xDD we should be seeing something similar to the kanto and hoenn new pokemon count, and at most 2 pre-evolutions (like how hoenn had)

I wouldnt mind seeing new types like light or virus, but Im scared that they might completely screw up the playing field. In gen II, the dark and steel type additions were needed. I really dont see the need for new types, but Im curious how it will affect the games.

Agreed. I honestly don't think new types are needed. I'm perfectly fine with what we already have to be honest. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back