• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
Years
  • Pssssh theyve ran out of pokemon ideas just watch. Soon they will have to use real things. Like forks or evil cakes with faces... Then the legendaries wil be chuck norris, jesus, homer simpson, and a big toe... just wait..... they wont have a thing to catch ....

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    yeah theres 493 pokemon, after awhile id be out of ideas lol

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • yeah theres 493 pokemon, after awhile id be out of ideas lol
    Am i right yes! I just got idea off a newgrounds flash... but the pokemon ideas were mine ):< NO ONE CAN HAVE MY IDEAS ):< not even nintendo... or sony.... even micorosoft....

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    i would like to see another hero or two follow you like the show, you dont control them but they have some effects in the game

Ayselipera

I fee like R/S/E will take longer to come out then the other remakes.
    Compared to DPPt their not that under developed. So I don't see the need for a remake for a long time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    With the dual-typing of the starters that has become popular, I think it's possible to see starters that fit in both the GFW and DFP triangles. Seriously, 5th generation starters should be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. That way there are checks and balances on all sides.

Fire/Dragon really needs to happen. We've been waiting so long..... also, Psychic/Electric, Ghost/Fighting, Dark/Fighting, Fire/Grass, Grass/Electric, Fire/Electric, Dragon/Fighting, Water/Fire, Ice/Fighting, and Steel/Ghost combos have been lacking for a long time.

It would be awesome if they actually made a game where you can legitimately obtain every pokemon without having to attend events and stuff.

And in response to the discussion towards the beginning of this thread, the reason they won't make a game where you can go to all regions isn't because of the space it would require. It's all a marketing strategy. If you can't get to a certain region in one game, you'll buy another game so you can.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think they will introduce Temporary Pokemon :3 Its the next logical step to joining up with a trainer.

E.G. Prof X gives you his Pokemon to go catch your own; Taking it back once you have one.

Of course later in the game this would be a choice rather than forced upon you, but it would be nice if every once in a while you get a pre-trained Pokemon to run wild with XD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It would be awesome if they actually made a game where you can legitimately obtain every pokemon without having to attend events and stuff.

And in response to the discussion towards the beginning of this thread, the reason they won't make a game where you can go to all regions isn't because of the space it would require. It's all a marketing strategy. If you can't get to a certain region in one game, you'll buy another game so you can.

And that's the same reason for not making a game featuring every pokémon ;)

rando serian

Platinum League Ghost Leader
    Years
  • I think with generation 5 they should make a full on 3-D console game to go with the main games. I mean one where you can really control the pokemon in battle, travel to all four of the past generation locations, and catch the pokemon that won't be available in the Gen 5 games. Also I think Heracross, Pinsir, and Pachirisu should gain evolutionary forms, Bellsprout and Eevee should gain new branch evolutionary forms, and Miltank and Tauros should get a baby pokemon that depending on its gender becomes either Miltank or Tauros.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    New idea: MewThree plus Silph Co.

Mewtwo had the power of all pokemon, and MISSINGNO could become any pokemon.
    Porygon was the virtual reality pokemon, and MISSINGNO was a glitch, glitches can occur in virtual realities.
    And when the Silph Co. Lab was gone (G/S) so was MISSINGNO.

I think Missingno should be reintroduced as MewThree. Being a glitch himself, the pokedex in unable to identify him, dubbing him Missingno, the number missing from the pokedex. He should team up with MewTwo (his "brother") and do some stuff. Team Rocket tries to control him, and you join them, because Team Rocket control him would be better than letting his destructive powers run free. Silph Co. would have a new base and finally be the center of the plot, as the creators of the Pok'eball should be!

Yaliw

Water/Steel/Fighting Trainer
    Years
  • I'm tired of seeing a gym (all of them infact) that's theme is type based. This makes the game stupidly easy for those of us who have been here forever, and do not provide a learning curb to the new generation, it only grinds the "X type beats Y type so find a pokemon with X type to beat the Y gym" concept into people's head, which should already be made an important part of the game at the start: where you fight your rival with the X to your Y. I would like to see gym themes that are more dynamic, and here are a few:
    Double Battle (done as the 7th gym in Hoenn and worked quite well)
    Stall-based team
    pure sweepers
    pokemon that have breed-only moves (such as Curselax, Bellyzard etc)
    Baton-pass team
    Hazard-teams (stealth rock, sandstorm, toxic spikes etc)

the list can go on as people think of more intresting strategies. This will help teach noobs interesting styles of play besides the typical idea that leveling your starter to 100 and owning everything with 4 attacks is an actual good idea.

Personally, i would like to see a hard mode of some kind. While this idea would absorb much of the chip-space i feel that it would keep us pros and people who will be transfering 4th gen pokemon from becoming very bored with the story/plot (as its always the same stuff). Being rewarded for playing on this mode wouldnt be too difficult. Just give us a pokemon(s) with unique moves after we beat the game. Such as a surfing pikachu, Banette with shadow force, etc.

also, i want HM's to completely disappear. The only hack i ever use in the main game is the walk-through-walls hack because im tired of stupid HM's that dont contribute anything to game play and only hamper the experience. We are all forced to have a Water-type (almost) due to surf, waterfall and other idiotic water-HM's. Also with the useless Cut and Flash it forces your pokemon choices unto you, which is VERY counter-productive to what the pokemon games are about: customization and personalizing your critters.

Lastly, i'd like to see a more efficient way to move between cities I've already visited. Agian, i'm forced to have a flying-type on my team if i want to get to past-cities without backtracking for long periods of time (some times requiring HM's) This combined with Surf/Waterfall we are actually only allowed 4 pokemon in a sense. Sure, some pokemon both surf and fly but why would you teach it surf, waterfall and fly? (and mabye whirlpool AND/OR dive?) My point is that it's a complete contradiction and an extremely outdated system of progressing the main character in the direction the game-makers want him/her to go. Get. Rid. Of. Them.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Starters with the following typing by final evolution

Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Dark
    Water/Psychic

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I don't know if someone has mentioned this but I'm not gonna check 31 pages, I'd like to see some legendaries that don't have some insanely godlike role, like God of pokemon, controller of time, pokemon of willpower, the pokemon that controls nightmares or the land etc....

I just want something that doesn't control something, like Lugia, guardian of the sea or Ho-Oh the mirage pokemon. These guys are considered legendaries and they don't need to control anything like the dream world or the sea.

Just some old fashioned legendaries would be nice no more gods

Years
  • I don't think starters will be fighting/psychic/dark, because psy atacks don't affect Dark Pokémon, which gives the other kinda an unfair adventage. Probably Fire/Water/Grass, but maybe Dual-typed indeed.

What do I hope for?
    - Maybe Eeveelutions (a normal typed for exemple)
    - Less Water-Pokémon, there are too much of them, more Fire types
    - New type combinations, I hope every combo will exist, but that probably won't be.
    - More evolutions and babies of Pokémon from older gens.
    - Original Pokémon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back