• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
  • I seriously hope so, cos' we definitely need a Dark-type gym. And I hope it'll be one of the last gyms.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • I concur with the general feeling here: it's high time for a dark type gym. Not only would it make for a nice challenge, but there's also a large set of potential mazes in the gym (as we've seen, loss of sight is something the game developers like to toy with.)

Zaerr

>(((°> Fishy!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023
    I hope they finally add the long awaited dragon eeveelution. Also, I think they need a new approach for the Elite Four. They should do it how its done in the Anime. Once you acquire all 8 badges, you head to the pokemon league and instead of the Elite Four, there's a pokemon tournnament with the trainers being ones you faced throughout the game. And after you win the tournament, someone sends a letter/person saying that you are invited to challenge the E4 and you go to another are in the game and challenge them. After beating 1 he/she gives you a hint where the next member is found.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I think it should be standard for there to be another region after the Elite Four. They easily have enough space, it would add extra gameplay without an awful lot of effort. It would be great to see old regions again, how they've changed over time, you could have tough battles against high-levelled gym leaders, and they could put all the post-national dex pokemon in the second region.

Also, somebody mentioned a Water/Fire type? Well, Torkoal's supposed to be the steam pokemon, it could be given an evolution that's Fire/Water type, Torsteem. I'm not sure why they didn't make Torkoal Fire/Water, they often seem reluctant to introduce interesting typings (like Yanmega not being Bug/Dragon).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Also, I think they need a new approach for the Elite Four. They should do it how its done in the Anime. Once you acquire all 8 badges, you head to the pokemon league and instead of the Elite Four, there's a pokemon tournnament with the trainers being ones you faced throughout the game. And after you win the tournament, someone sends a letter/person saying that you are invited to challenge the E4 and you go to another are in the game and challenge them. After beating 1 he/she gives you a hint where the next member is found.

XD I've been saying that for the longest time now! XD

I think it should be standard for there to be another region after the Elite Four. They easily have enough space, it would add extra gameplay without an awful lot of effort. It would be great to see old regions again, how they've changed over time, you could have tough battles against high-levelled gym leaders, and they could put all the post-national dex pokemon in the second region.

Yea, but if that were to happen, they would have to keep recycling the same regions over and over

I.E. In R/S/E, they would have to recycle, either Kanto or Johto. The same with D/P/Pt, and that would get boring real quick, probably no need for a re-make of Silver and Gold

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    i actualy think that the starters should be electric, ground, and flying type, just to mix things up a little

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    i actualy think that the starters should be electric, ground, and flying type, just to mix things up a little

yea...........no

They should stay the way they, besides

only:

Electric super-effective to Flying and that would be it

Ground types aren't affected by Electric types and can't affect Flying types

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yea, but if that were to happen, they would have to keep recycling the same regions over and over

I.E. In R/S/E, they would have to recycle, either Kanto or Johto. The same with D/P/Pt, and that would get boring real quick, probably no need for a re-make of Silver and Gold

No, I mean starting in gen. 5.

5 - Johto
    6 - Hoenn
    7 - Sinnoh
    8 - Maybe a new region, to add a new spin
    9 - 5's region
    10 - 6's region
    11 - 8's region
    12 - 7's region (just to mix things up a bit)
    13 - 9's region
    14 - Kanto again! In virtual reality!
    15 - 10's region
    16 - 11 AND 12's region

And so on and so forth, until the proverbial well has run dry. So no, regions wouldn't have to be recycled.

pspaddict

Hacking begginer
    Years
  • wath would you want for a new pokemon game

so what i would like to start in the kanto region and when you deafeat the elite four you can go to the joto region and so on until the sihno region so what would you like

Years
  • It's really early for this considering that a new Pokemon game is already coming out:
    HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    I can't think of anything though cause HG/SS are going to be having alot of new features.

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    Would be quite nice if we can access all regions in just one Pokegame. Starting in Pallet Town and being able to capture Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko and Turtwig :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • For the next generation of pokemon? I sure hope that they drop the "MOAR POKEYMONZ = BETTAR GAME" mentality of sequel-making and focus on giving the next region an immersive storyline with sinister villains and a difficult Pokemon League challenge.

If/when a game comes that lets you transcend all known regions, it would be better for the game to force you to bring ONE low-levelled pokemon with you to the next region instead of screwing with gym leader/elite four levels in an attempt to fit at least 32 gym leaders and 20 elite four trainers into the game. >_>

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • I agree they should make something with all regions BUT not until its the very LAST game they make. That way it will be on a cool handheld maybe with like a Virtual Technology thing where you think your walking and walk in the game. (Gen.6-8) I hope they dont start making more pokemon like Bidoof. Also they should have a handheld system where you can play all games GBC/GBA/DS/??? and they should make a game also at the very end thats like 200-300 $ where it includes EVERY pokemon hand held game.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I still think it's a bit too early to think of a new game since HG/SS hasn't officially came out yet. I agree with death3xx, please, I don't want to see anymore Bidurf looking Pokemon or have the same characteristics as a Bidurf =B

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I'm all for it, as are all Dark-type lovers.
    The gym leader should be close to last, however, because Dark-type has very few weaknesses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back