• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Honestly I'd like to see the 5th generation on the DS. I don't think we're ready for a new handheld system yet, and according to Nintendo none is in the near future. I think Gamefreak could've done so much more with the touch screen and WiFi. Though I have to admit Platinum does a lot with WiFi, I wanna see more! Possibly using the DSi for video chat or something? One feature that would be simply amazing; Being able to "call" friends you've registered on a cell phone during gameplay. It'd be like pausing the game while you chatted, but it'd get rid of the bounding fact of the PokeCenter for WiFi. I think their should be several sprites per gender to choose from, and outfits for them as well. Possibly color schemes to add even more custimization. They need to have tons of ways to obtain Pokemon too! Like-Headbutt on trees, baiting Pokemon with honey, Wild encounters in grass, fishing, safari zone, in game trades, caves, swarms, PokeRadar, GBA inserts, Fossils, legendary events, rocksmash, dive, surf, and introduce many many many more. They need to make Flash an HM again, along with Dive and Defog. Dig should be a possible HM as well? All Pokemon and their trainers should have that little animation before battle that are normally reserved for the uber game of the generation, such as emerald, crystal, and platinum. Trainers should talk to the player between sending out Pokemon. Battle animations should be better. All eggs should get custom sprites!!! Perhaps a yellow egg with black zigzags for Pikachu? Ya know similar to the anime. They should also make it so only top evolved forms can breed. It's retarded that Eevee can breed without evolving. Speeking of Eevee I say they should add a Normal type Eevee evolution. Eevee evolves at level 36 if no stone is used on it or something. More than one generation would be nice. They need to bring secret bases back form GenIII. Not the underground ones. The overworld bases. I like the idea that Pokemon can follow you in HG/SS they need to keep it that way! Also bring back contests, battle tents, and battle frontier. Have poffins, and PokeBlocks. Ribbons!!! I think graphics need an update. More 3D or something. They need like 160-200 new Pokemon. Including a rock or steel evolutions for Eevee. Posibly ghost, dragon, or flying type too. They need more types of PokeBalls! and tons more new moves! I liked the Seals in GenIV too. They should make the new max level 200 or higher. I wanna level up my Mewtwo!!! The new game should be compatible with previous generations. I would also like to see a more indepth story line. Lots more characters. I liked berries as well, they need to make a come-back. Lastly, I think they should break the 3 evolution stage barrier. Certain Pokemon should evolve 4 times not 3. They should also redo the base stats of Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Manaphy...ect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I still stand behind my custom sprite theory. It's probable, think. On Nintendo's official website, have a "Pokemon Sprites" section. There, you will find a library of sprite sets for each sprite in the game (minus Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rival, In-Game Characters [like Cheyl], etc.). Or, if you have a full set of custom sprites that follow Nintendo's sprite rules, you can upload them into a template on the site, and plug you DSi/Lite into the computer, and transfer your custom sprites in.

This would be epic, and would give us spriters more business lol.

Plus, who wouldn't rather see themselves walking around PokeWorld than the default heros?

-------

Also, keep the current "Team"s!! What happened to Aqua and Magma? Galactic isn't that great, but I think we have more than enough bad guys :/. Team Rocket is teh shiz, but it dies out in HGSS (the most recent games, so to speak). Maybe Neo Rocket? I dunno, I just think there are too many teams. And Galactic just sucks.

patrickcal

Freakin' Pacmon!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I'd like it to be different, but I'm certain it will be the same old.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The villains in the next game should definitely not be "Team X". Using that kind of name is getting seriously old.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Ok time for the big list!
    -This is something I have been hoping for a long time. They should allow a new wifi, or ds to ds thing that basically does this:
    1.You make a new hero.
    2. Your friend makes a new hero.
    3. These 2 heroes are friends/rivals, and what you do is that you travel together through the region, and battle everyone with your friend, maybe even be able to catch pokemon that can normally not be caught.
    4. When you are not playing as your "wi-fi" hero, he will be standing in the wi-fi area of the pokemon center and is willing to trade your pokemon for his pokemon.
    -I think that the pal-park will be removed because "everyone" has a dsi now...well at least in nintendo's eyes.
    -another feature that I hope they include is:
    1.you beat the elite 4 and you "win" a gym.
    2.when you first enter your gym(via wi-fi room[you don't need wi-fi]) you are presented with a type-list, once you choose your type, another list appears, and this list will state your difficulty level that you want to have.

3. Once all selected, you are presented with all your pokemon that meet the requirements.(ex: I pick grass, and third gym. I would be shown my grotle level 26, my carnevine level 25, etc)
    4. You are now asked to select a number of pokemon(number is determind by difficulty-1st: 2; 2nd: 2-3; 3rd: 2-3; 4th: 3; 5th: 3-4; 6th: 4; 7th: 4-5; 8th 5-6)
    5. Once selected you can customize your gym puzzle(this will be similar to secret/underground bases.)
    6. once that is out of the way, trainers will be set up either randomly or your own chosen spots(you choose how it will work)(the trainers are also determined by difficulty.
    7. now simply set up the reward for the trainers(can be an item, a pokemon, or even just money[money is default, but you can select another bonus item for the trainer][also the money is not taken from you it is just generated][finally, the give away items and pokemon, you must: 1. have the item/pokemon 2. for items it must be a item/pokeball/berry-for pokemon, it must not be legendary, and has to be level 1-5.][one last thing, just like money, the item/pokemon will be generated, not taken])
    8. now to start battling, to do this, just hit done, and the next time you log into wi-fi your gym will be uploaded to an online server where you can battle other gyms and other trainers battle you, as long as you are connected.[You can also do Ds to Ds gym battles]
    -since this will most likely be a ds game, I don't think that any new pokemon will be created, to keep the games compatible.(they might make new forms)
    -I hope that instead of making a new region, you can visit all the regions, as a rom hacker, I know that this will take up a lot of space, but if people can make 4 gb sd cards that fit into your cellphones, I think nintendo can figure out a way to make more space.
    -back to the traveling part, I don't think that EVERY region will be accessible, but maybe just the normal regions, not the spin-off regions.
    -also I would say that you would start in kanto, and slowly move your way to Shino, this would do 2 things, 1. up the game play a lot, and also make the radio in the poke gear much fun, think of having over 20 different stations.
    -Starters: something that always didn't come out well for me because you only had three to choose from(even though I knew who I was going to choose before the game's release for every game[in my life time]) in this game they should allow all the starters to be chosen(even though I would just choose turtwig[subliminal messaging anyone? lol]), this would be better for a lot of people, because I mean in some game(s) I didn't even like any of the starters *cough*hoenn*cough*
    -customizable character: I saw this an thought to expand on the idea, I think if nintendo used multiple sprites for the trainer they would succeed at this,(a spirte for every part of the body that can be changed) This would be fun, yet again would take up a lot of space for a small feature, for the customizable items to be obtained, it could be as simple as buying them, or winning special outfits after beating important trainers like gym leaders.(crasher wake...) The clothes should be okay considering the PBR clothes were okay.

P.S. I tried to use as best grammer as I could so the grammer police won't kill me and use my skin as a nice rug...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok time for the big list!
    -This is something I have been hoping for a long time. They should allow a new wifi, or ds to ds thing that basically does this:
    1.You make a new hero.
    2. Your friend makes a new hero.
    3. These 2 heroes are friends/rivals, and what you do is that you travel together through the region, and battle everyone with your friend, maybe even be able to catch pokemon that can normally not be caught.
    4. When you are not playing as your "wi-fi" hero, he will be standing in the wi-fi area of the pokemon center and is willing to trade your pokemon for his pokemon.
    -I think that the pal-park will be removed because "everyone" has a dsi now...well at least in nintendo's eyes.
    -another feature that I hope they include is:
    1.you beat the elite 4 and you "win" a gym.
    2.when you first enter your gym(via wi-fi room[you don't need wi-fi]) you are presented with a type-list, once you choose your type, another list appears, and this list will state your difficulty level that you want to have.

3. Once all selected, you are presented with all your pokemon that meet the requirements.(ex: I pick grass, and third gym. I would be shown my grotle level 26, my carnevine level 25, etc)
    4. You are now asked to select a number of pokemon(number is determind by difficulty-1st: 2; 2nd: 2-3; 3rd: 2-3; 4th: 3; 5th: 3-4; 6th: 4; 7th: 4-5; 8th 5-6)
    5. Once selected you can customize your gym puzzle(this will be similar to secret/underground bases.)
    6. once that is out of the way, trainers will be set up either randomly or your own chosen spots(you choose how it will work)(the trainers are also determined by difficulty.
    7. now simply set up the reward for the trainers(can be an item, a pokemon, or even just money[money is default, but you can select another bonus item for the trainer][also the money is not taken from you it is just generated][finally, the give away items and pokemon, you must: 1. have the item/pokemon 2. for items it must be a item/pokeball/berry-for pokemon, it must not be legendary, and has to be level 1-5.][one last thing, just like money, the item/pokemon will be generated, not taken])
    8. now to start battling, to do this, just hit done, and the next time you log into wi-fi your gym will be uploaded to an online server where you can battle other gyms and other trainers battle you, as long as you are connected.[You can also do Ds to Ds gym battles]
    -since this will most likely be a ds game, I don't think that any new pokemon will be created, to keep the games compatible.(they might make new forms)
    -I hope that instead of making a new region, you can visit all the regions, as a rom hacker, I know that this will take up a lot of space, but if people can make 4 gb sd cards that fit into your cellphones, I think nintendo can figure out a way to make more space.
    -back to the traveling part, I don't think that EVERY region will be accessible, but maybe just the normal regions, not the spin-off regions.
    -also I would say that you would start in kanto, and slowly move your way to Shino, this would do 2 things, 1. up the game play a lot, and also make the radio in the poke gear much fun, think of having over 20 different stations.
    -Starters: something that always didn't come out well for me because you only had three to choose from(even though I knew who I was going to choose before the game's release for every game[in my life time]) in this game they should allow all the starters to be chosen(even though I would just choose turtwig[subliminal messaging anyone? lol]), this would be better for a lot of people, because I mean in some game(s) I didn't even like any of the starters *cough*hoenn*cough*
    -customizable character: I saw this an thought to expand on the idea, I think if nintendo used multiple sprites for the trainer they would succeed at this,(a spirte for every part of the body that can be changed) This would be fun, yet again would take up a lot of space for a small feature, for the customizable items to be obtained, it could be as simple as buying them, or winning special outfits after beating important trainers like gym leaders.(crasher wake...) The clothes should be okay considering the PBR clothes were okay.

P.S. I tried to use as best grammer as I could so the grammer police won't kill me and use my skin as a nice rug...

I love your ideas!

Though all this, the all-region gaming, the gym leading, the customizing and that, is something I'd rather see in a computer game. MMORPG of some sort.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024

I love your ideas!

Though all this, the all-region gaming, the gym leading, the customizing and that, is something I'd rather see in a computer game. MMORPG of some sort.

It is more likely to be seen in a mmorpg, but we can still hope, hey, maybe they might make the next game mostly online.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

It is more likely to be seen in a mmorpg, but we can still hope, hey, maybe they might make the next game mostly online.

And I'd love that. I Pokémon hadn't been a Nintendo brand, we'd probably already seen it online or in a more advanced type of gaming by now.

Perhaps the 5th gen won't be a game like the ones so far, they might for example abandon the overworld view.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I want the starters to be Electric (Pachirisu or Pikachu), Flying (Pidgey or Starly) and Fighting (Machop or Makuhita).

And no more Team Something-something. Maybe X Org or just the name.

More cool legendaries. Ones like Heatran and Shaymin.

Keep the dancing, dressing-up and appeals for the contest, but combine them all into one Rank Contest and add battle rounds!

No turn-based battles.

Definitely a Poison-type Eeveelution.

Unique ways of evolving. The usual ways are soo boring.

Eevee is already Normal-type. And we already have baby Pokemon...

Fourth. Stage. Of. Evolution.

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I want the starters to be Electric (Pachirisu or Pikachu), Flying (Pidgey or Starly) and Fighting (Machop or Makuhita).

Why would the starters be old Pokemon?

And no more Team Something-something. Maybe X Org or just the name.

Agreed.

More cool legendaries. Ones like Heatran and Shaymin.

In my view, Heatran and Shaymin are the absolute bottom of the pile when it comes to legendaries. Barely anything legendary about them - both of them should really have been regular Pokemon.

Keep the dancing, dressing-up and appeals for the contest, but combine them all into one Rank Contest and add battle rounds!

Ugh, why? Dancing and dressing-up are almost unaminously decried by fans.

No turn-based battles.

What? Turn-based battles is the very foundation of how Pokemon works. Pokemon has always been about strategy, and turns are integral to that. Maybe it could be different in some spin-off game, but never the main games.

Unique ways of evolving. The usual ways are soo boring.

You mean like levelling up in a specific location, or holding a certain item, or with a certain gender, or at a certain time, or with happiness or stones or...

Fourth. Stage. Of. Evolution.

No.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I would find it cool if you could choose whether to become a Pkmn trainer, coordinator, ranger etc. So you would start off being a student and later traveling with Pokemon etc.
    So as Pkmn trainer you would eventuelly be able to become gym leader and would have to defeat challengers.
    At least you wouldn't do the same things in the 5th gen over and over again.
    Oh and I don't wanna see new Pkmn since I think that most gen 4 Pkmn looked already like crap.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2009
    I know it seems impossible, but hey! Platinum just got way darker storyline thanks to the torn world.... so who knows..great news, i love my seed upgrade.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    This has probably been posted before, but I want them to do a battle tower type challenge where you go through all of the gym leaders of all regions and all of the elite four with the ending being Red.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I would love to have an area in each city where you can battle your own Pokémon against each other to level them up, as opposed to just shuffling through grass and beating the same Pidgeys and Bidoofs all over again. (Yes, they give IV's, but damn it takes so long and wild Pokémon aren't always at the same level stage that yours are. :|) I'm not a fan of bringing anime concepts into the games, but I think that this might be one that works on some levels. Maybe attach the area to a Pokémon Centre, so that if you accidentally knock out all of your Pokémon (...somehow) they can just rush you back inside? idk.

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
  • The Gym leader are

1-dark type gym
    2-fire type gym
    3-psychic type gym
    4-ground type gym
    5-electric type gym
    6-fighting type gym
    7-water type gym
    8-ice type gym

I hate the new girl....
    new girl boo
    YAY Dawn

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Maybe you could opt to do either - either give three Pokémon to a computer-controlled player or control them yourself. Like practicing chess by playing against yourself or playing against a computer. (:

If you could control your Pokemon, you'd be able to cheat on levelling up really bad. Send out a level one against a level 100, and get the level 100 to only use non-damaging moves, while the level one slowly saps its health..... lvl. 30 in one go, I reckon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back