• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] The Generation 9 Project is overwriting my custom code for Critical Hits, Super Effective attack calculation, and custom text, what do I do?

Years
    My Pokemon Essentials project has custom code for Critical Hit damage, and the message that appears when a Critical Hit is performed, but the Gen 9 Misc.rb script appears to be overwriting the changes I made to my game. Or maybe it's something else, commenting out the Gen 9 project's critical hit code didn't fix the issue.

What do I do?

Last edited:
    Years
    I couldn't even find def pbEffectivenessMessage(user, target, numTargets = 1) in any plugin files in my game when I opened each .rb file and CTRL+F'd in each one for it. I can't test my code in the game if something is stopping my game's code from ending up in the compiled game.

My custom edits to multiple abilities. My changes to weather mechanics. My new custom abilities. None of it seems to make it into the game. Even the foul language I put into the "It's super effective/not very effective" messages just to check if the game is reading my code or somebody else's is missing.

Back