• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i never noticed thats cool!!

i think they should add advanced weather mechanics in the game which include seasons and weather systems. like you could look at your town map or something and it would show where it is raining where it is sunny and so on that day

thatd be neat
    Oh that WOULD be neat!! Adding more realistic features to the games are rather exciting, and the game itself shows that more realistic features are being added considering the map tiles used and how everything just looks a lot more rounded and how backgrounds are being implemented instead of just colors.

I noticed this earlier when looking at the screen shots. If they continue the whole transition of Day, Evening, and Night throughout the game like before in the 4th Generation, then I assume the shadow might change position as well. At least, it'll be cool if it does.

As for the battle scene itself, I love it. It's about time the entire sprite was brought to show like this rather that a half-given back sprite. The city scene looks nice in the background too. :) I'm looking forward to this generation, but I still need more to see.
    The city scene reminds me of the LG/FR remakes where the Pokédex is more of a book (iirc) and there are separations from where the Pokémon's habitat is (rural, suburban, city, etc.) and it just makes me think that they're going to reintroduce that addition.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    and ppl complaining of no status bar..it's bcoz it's a move animation ...a new animation of dark pulse probably

That and it's probably located on the bottom screen. At least I hope it is. I'd love for the whole top screen to be dedicated to the actual battle.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I know this is kinda off the topic at hand, but I've been thinking about animal species not yet introduced into the PKMN world, and I though of one that may be the Water Starter.

A dolphin!

Maybe a pink/blue one.

Good idea huh?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I know this is kinda off the topic at hand, but I've been thinking about animal species not yet introduced into the PKMN world, and I though of one that may be the Water Starter.

A dolphin!

Maybe a pink/blue one.

Good idea huh?
    Dolphin wont work since they don't walk on land.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah ... thanks for the information! I know they have seen them >_<

Anyway I don't really like that hero's OW o_O
    Based on the released scans of the OW sprites, I can tell you that I'm disappointed in them as well, so you're certainly not the only one. They're bland, in my opinion, and the way they're made just don't scream to me "This is a Pokémon game." Then again, none of these scans do apart from the battle screen and the Pokémon Center. But that could be something that they're trying to do, so I can't say that's a bad thing. I'll be choosing the girl, however, when I get the game because she seems a lot more enjoyable to play as than the male character.

So?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Based on the released scans of the OW sprites, I can tell you that I'm disappointed in them as well, so you're certainly not the only one. They're bland, in my opinion, and the way they're made just don't scream to me "This is a Pokémon game." Then again, none of these scans do apart from the battle screen and the Pokémon Center. But that could be something that they're trying to do, so I can't say that's a bad thing. I'll be choosing the girl, however, when I get the game because she seems a lot more enjoyable to play as than the male character.

I agree. I think the OW sprites looks rather generic. As oppose to you though, I'm liking the male sprite a lot more than the female one. Something about her just looks odd (as I mentioned earlier, it's probably that baseball hat.)

Then again, I'm sure I'll feel different once I get to actually play it.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    It looks too much futuristic to me ... IDK. I like the more complicated 3D-ish style but I'm not really impressed overall from those scans.
    Bah ... I prefer waiting a bit with my conclusions cuz I want to see some gameplay footage :]

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    every water starter we've had has been able to walk on land so it'll have to be an aquatic animal that can walk on land.
    That's a good point you've made. I didn't think of that. I was looking at your statement more so of a water Pokémon in general statement. I took at it as "well, dolphins can't walk, so they can't be one" and considering most water Pokémon don't have legs... most can't walk as it is.

As I said in a previous reply, though, there's a possibility that that feature isn't being implemented in this generation.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    :l

Tough crowd. thanks for crushing my idea. Well maybe one of the other water pokemon will be a dolphin.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Maybe a FROG? LoL! xD
    We'll see. I'm sure they will show something on Pokémon Sunday so yeah ... we can wait one day xD
    OMG WANT!

The only other frog Pokémon out there is Politoed, so that'll be very interesting.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    :l

Tough crowd. thanks for crushing my idea. Well maybe one of the other water pokemon will be a dolphin.
    You reaaally love dolphins, don't you?
    It sounds kinda strange to me :/

I am not really impressed with the scans but I am sure I want to play that game NOW! xD
    I hate waiting >_<

OMG WANT!
    The only other frog Pokémon out there is Politoed, so that'll be very interesting.

That was on my mind too ... a new frog pokémon sounds nice. Let's hope :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I just have to note that, for the people complaining that there is no status bar, the move is highly likely to be Dark Pulse. If you notice in the screenshots, the move is dark purplish and it does greatly resemble Dark Pulse. Also, remember that Zoruak, who is using the move, is a dark type so it probably learns Dark Pulse.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    The city scene reminds me of the LG/FR remakes where the Pokédex is more of a book (iirc) and there are separations from where the Pokémon's habitat is (rural, suburban, city, etc.) and it just makes me think that they're going to reintroduce that addition.
    I was kinda upset in Heartgold that they didnt have that feature in the pokedex, hopefully they will put that in the newer games. I was so engrossed looking through the pokedex in Leafgreen. A bunch of interesting stuff popped up.

so? neither can Remoraid and Magikarp. And a dolphin is a mammal so it would work.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Here's a diagram of what I would like the battle interface on the bottom screen to look like, pretty simple, but effective.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

it would keep the top screen from being cluttered with any text boxes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back