• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

It has always questioned me on why a person couldn't start off in a larger city. It doesn't have to be a main city in the game, but it doesn't have to be a small town either. It's just that not all beginning trainers come from a small, little town, so why should we all the time? This is something I would be interested seeing changed, but I doubt it would happen considering the image given and noting how it looks very much like the starting town. :\
    I like the idea of starting in a city much like Saffron was in Kanto. A city where you are connected to the majority of the other cities and make it easier to navigate (but that would take away a lot of enjoyment in trying to find where other cities are). Starting in a city rather than a small town seems more enjoyable and challenging because there could be so many more obstacles that could come from it than what could come from starting in a town with only two other houses and, yet, somehow there are a larger amount of NCPs walking around than there are houses.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Oh, I mean that it's just not like the main Pkmn game series to walk up to every single wild Pok´emon. It takes away the luck rate, it fills the place with NPCs getting in the way, and such... It was OK in the spinoff games, but I really can't see it in the main series.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh, I mean that it's just not like the main Pkmn game series to walk up to every single wild Pok´emon. It takes away the luck rate, it fills the place with NPCs getting in the way, and such... It was OK in the spinoff games, but I really can't see it in the main series.
    I didn't say every single wild Pokémon. Just one every now and then. Having a wild Pokémon in a town... do you see how interesting that would be? I hate having a wild Pokémon like the Slowpokes were in Azalea and clicking on them and the only thing that happens "This Slowpoke's tail is cut off." Okay? His tail is cut off... thanks for the info. Now let me catch it.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I didn't say every single wild Pokémon. Just one every now and then. Having a wild Pokémon in a town... do you see how interesting that would be? I hate having a wild Pokémon like the Slowpokes were in Azalea and clicking on them and the only thing that happens "This Slowpoke's tail is cut off." Okay? His tail is cut off... thanks for the info. Now let me catch it.

Ah, okay, I understand a little better now. What I'm getting from this is that you mean, kind of just randomly, you will see a wild Pokemon walking around in a city, not all the time though. And if you click on it you can catch it. Okay.... I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea, it'd be kind of interesting.

OscarGrouch

The Worst of the Best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    I'm thinking, that if there are random encounters in cities, there would be places for it to happen. Maybe if you walk into an alleyway, you can find Pokemon, like in a cave. Or maybe there is a flower patch, etc. Not like NPC's.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Ah, okay, I understand a little better now. What I'm getting from this is that you mean, kind of just randomly, you will see a wild Pokemon walking around in a city, not all the time though. And if you click on it you can catch it. Okay.... I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea, it'd be kind of interesting.
    To add to this, the Pokemon could only appear at day or at night, depending on what Pokemon it is.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • Full back sprites, that's what I've always wanted. I'm very glad. Can't wait to see back sprites of some of my fave pokemon.

I'd like to see Pokemon following you returning, but have it optional.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I didn't say every single wild Pokémon. Just one every now and then. Having a wild Pokémon in a town... do you see how interesting that would be? I hate having a wild Pokémon like the Slowpokes were in Azalea and clicking on them and the only thing that happens "This Slowpoke's tail is cut off." Okay? His tail is cut off... thanks for the info. Now let me catch it.

That's the funniest example ever! XD but it's a great idea. I can imagine meowth and pidgeotto...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm thinking, that if there are random encounters in cities, there would be places for it to happen. Maybe if you walk into an alleyway, you can find Pokemon, like in a cave. Or maybe there is a flower patch, etc. Not like NPC's.
    That's a good idea, as well. It would put more meaning behind finding one.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I'm thinking, that if there are random encounters in cities, there would be places for it to happen. Maybe if you walk into an alleyway, you can find Pokemon, like in a cave. Or maybe there is a flower patch, etc. Not like NPC's.

That'd actually be pretty cool. Finding Pokemon in alleyways. xD I picture running into Pokemon like Koffing and Raticates there.

Actually, there are a lot of Pokemon that are more suited to be found in cities. Rattata, Koffing, Magnemite, Pidgey, Spearow, Meowth. I could easily see those types of Pokemon being around in cities than in patches of grass.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That'd actually be pretty cool. Finding Pokemon in alleyways. xD I picture running into Pokemon like Koffing and Raticates there.

Actually, there are a lot of Pokemon that are more suited to be found in cities. Rattata, Koffing, Magnemite, Pidgey, Spearow, Meowth. I could easily see those types of Pokemon being around in cities than in patches of grass.
    That's something that disappointed me when I got FR/LG where they added where Pokémon are found within cities and other places in the world. If they were to have only executed that aspect of the Pokédex it'd be awesome.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    The graphics seem to have been inhanced extensively, now there are shadow effects for all objects hit by light like the houses and the trees, and now it seems the battle screen also has some 3D effects of its own and offcourse the different layout of the towns and the pokecenter, just amazing .... cant wait for this blockbuster to come out XD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I love the idea of alleyway battles. Would expect to see Meowths there as well :)

Here's something random I just created (although didn't finish). I love the new angles some places have in BW and would love to see something similar to this on the path just before the Pokemon League, but obviously a lot more elegant and whatnot. I don't want some castle with the Elite Four waiting, but a proper Pokemon League at a stadium. So more civilians around and plazas to explore would be nice.

https://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/chris_damon/PokeLeagueRoad.png

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love the idea of alleyway battles. Would expect to see Meowths there as well :)

Here's something random I just created (although didn't finish). I love the new angles some places have in BW and would love to see something similar to this on the path just before the Pokemon League, but obviously a lot more elegant and whatnot. I don't want some castle with the Elite Four waiting, but a proper Pokemon League at a stadium. So more civilians around and plazas to explore would be nice.

a. I love the idea of alleyways, let alone alleyway battles.
    b. I don't expect Meowth to be included. At least, I hope not. Though he is one of the Pokémon that has been included ever since Generation I in the anime, much like Pikachu, so I'm correcting myself and saying that he will be.
    c. I hate the idea of having a Pokemon League castle. That just didn't make any sense.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I love the idea of alleyway battles. Would expect to see Meowths there as well :)

Hah, I actually like your PokeLeague Road picture. It seems to fit the kind of look that are in the screenshots. I don't know what anything is going to end up looking like in these games, it already looks so different!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    wow 99 pages, before i want to sleep it was 83 pages

anyways i hope you get to obtain zoroa early in the game
    Zoroa seems like a Pokémon that you'll get later in the game opposed to early considering how it was introduced.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol. "Meowth has stolen your wallet.Do you get Arceus to give chase?". Just imagine that.If you had the option to chase pokemon.That'd be cool. I.e. hunting down Latias on Latios, or vice versa.

I'm loving the full back-sprites too!

I do hope this is on the current platforms.....

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Lol. "Meowth has stolen your wallet.Do you get Arceus to give chase?". Just imagine that.If you had the option to chase pokemon.That'd be cool. I.e. hunting down Latias on Latios, or vice versa.

I'm loving the full back-sprites too!

I do hope this is on the current platforms.....
    I always hated roaming Pokémon legendaries. That sucked the fun out of the game for me, I don't know about anyone else. I've only ever run into Entei and that was only just in SoulSilver, so... I'm really hoping roaming Pokémon aren't going to be included in this game due to this. :(

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I think there will be roaming Pkmn, and if they continue the trend in gen four, there will be more and more (even Pkmn from ast generations D:). I do't really like Roamers, but I actually like them better than some legendary battles. It's like, you get several chanses, ya'know.

Looking at the pics... The new 3D look makes the sprites so very, VERY 2D... They almost don't fit. I hope they change that, or it'll be sad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back