• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Actually I'm the same about liking Gen III better, way better graphics (compared to the previous) + running + simple = win. Anyways, before writing any of my opinions, I'm waiting for more info and pics.

Heh heh, Generation III for the win.

I really do hope that the following Pokemon is implemented. :P

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Hm, consitering the names,
    and the style of the Hero (kinda looks like Red's design),

Black and White could be some form of "sequel" to G/S/C times?
    Like, maybe you're the Son/Daughter of Red, and you have moved to a new region? (Like Ru/Sa/E)

I dunno, just a thought.

These snapshots are really blurry, so I don't know what to say about the quality of the Character OWs. :/

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    You're the crazy one. What is wrong with her hair, it's screwed up. :\

well it's a thing about taste- i personally LOVE the new girl sprite but i MEH the boy sprite... because he has a pink hat :\ everything else is fine by me
    PS (off topic) who else thinks Meh should be an emotion?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Hm, consitering the names,
    and the style of the Hero (kinda looks like Red's design),

Black and White could be some form of "sequel" to G/S/C times?
    Like, maybe you're the Son/Daughter of Red, and you have moved to a new region? (Like Ru/Sa/E)

I dunno, just a thought.

These snapshots are really blurry, so I don't know what to say about the quality of the Character OWs. :/

I thought of Red when I first saw the Hero, too.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years

I thought of Red when I first saw the Hero, too.

The Girl I can also see as this theory, because she bears resemblance to a Female Red.

I have to agree with Hamilton, The Girl seems pretty unique of a style this time around.
    (But they always do better with the Girls than the Boys. But, Gen III was an exception to this rule. Brendan was the best Male they ever had, in my opinion :D)

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I just thought of something:
    You know how in HG/SS when you were on the lighthouse and on top of the tall building in Celadon, when you went back your sprite seemed to move really slow? Well, looking at the pictures, it reminds me of the same layout type thing. If you don't know what I'm talking about go to the lighthouse to the part where you are outside but like halfway up.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I still really hope they have customizable characters, or at least customizing looks and clothes for the main characters. Then people would be happier :)

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    to me the boys sprite seems a little girly- i mean the pink hat... i don't liek pink on my character (unless it's the girl)
    and is it just me or does the gril have a butterfly ponytail?

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
    to me the boys sprite seems a little girly- i mean the pink hat... i don't liek pink on my character (unless it's the girl)
    and is it just me or does the gril have a butterfly ponytail?

Well, we all have to remember that these are Beta SnapShots, and not finalized.
    Drastic changes can/possibly happen by the time they're realeased later this year in Japan.

I mean, Look, here was a snapshot of D/P when it was coming out:
    Spoiler:

Notice how the Rival is not who he seems?

or, perhaps pre-release Shellos and Gastrodon should convince you?:
    Spoiler:

Hey, remember the exact kind of screenshot of battles we got back in Gen III for Gen IV? I do!:
    Spoiler:

Trust me, these screenshots are too early and too blurry for final cuts, so we might as well stop worrying about it. :3

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Well, we all have to remember that these are Beta SnapShots, and not finalized.
    Drastic changes can/possibly happen by the time they're realeased later this year in Japan.

I mean, Look, here was a snapshot of D/P when it was coming out:
    Spoiler:

Notice how the Rival is not who he seems?

or, perhaps pre-release Shellos and Gastrodon should convince you?:
    Spoiler:

Hey, remember the exact kind of screenshot of battles we got back in Gen III for Gen IV? I do!:
    Spoiler:

Trust me, these screenshots are too early and too blurry for final cuts, so we might as well stop worrying about it. :3

yeah i know- it's always like that- i can't complain about info that hasn't been release yet :)
    but yeah, i lvoe the girls butterfly ponytail and i hope it stays

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Another epiphany:
    R/B/Y - Started it all with a new story, etc, etc.
    G/S/C - Followed the story from R/B/Y with a new character and actually battling the famous trainer from R/B/Y (Red)
    R/S/E - New story with no connections to R/B/Y or G/S/C.
    D/P/Pt - New story with no connections to R/B/Y, G/S/C, or R/S/E.
    B/W - Story connected with G/S/C? I think so! Maybe we will battle the famous Gold and be related to Red?

Maybe they went back to normal colors so it would make more since with the stories of the first two gens so all of the stories that are connected through the generations will be colors.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Another epiphany:
    R/B/Y - Started it all with a new story, etc, etc.
    G/S/C - Followed the story from R/B/Y with a new character and actually battling the famous trainer from R/B/Y (Red)
    R/S/E - New story with no connections to R/B/Y or G/S/C.
    D/P/Pt - New story with no connections to R/B/Y, G/S/C, or R/S/E.
    B/W - Story connected with G/S/C? I think so! Maybe we will battle the famous Gold and be related to Red?

Maybe they went back to normal colors so it would make more since with the stories of the first two gens so all of the stories that are connected through the generations will be colors.

well actually D/P/pt did have minor connections with G/S/C
    if any references at all, i think this game will reference R/S/E alot

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    well actually D/P/pt did have minor connections with G/S/C
    if any references at all, i think this game will reference R/S/E alot

It did, but not many major refrences, besides Jasmine in Sunnyshore. I really think it will be like what G/S/C was to R/B/Y but this time to G/S/C. If that makes since.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    The hero hat is Red and he has brown shoes.

really? looks pink to me- maybe i just need to start wearing my glasses because i am blind without them- but yeah, if it's a red hat, he's ok in my books

It did, but not many major refrences, besides Jasmine in Sunnyshore. I really think it will be like what G/S/C was to R/B/Y but this time to G/S/C. If that makes since.

plus all the lake of rage mentionings and the Rage Candy Bar lady in the department store- the only region that has literally NO connections to the outside is Hoenn- GIVE HOENN SOME LOVE DARN YOU GAME FREAK!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    really? looks pink to me- maybe i just need to start wearing my glasses because i am blind without them- but yeah, if it's a red hat, he's ok in my books

I think it's just a lighter shade of Red and with the quality of the photo it looks like pink.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    What I'm worried about is what the majority of America will react to the names of the Generation V games. Racism isn't much of a problem in Japan compared to other parts of the world, and I assume they would have thought of that. I'm sure some ignorant, naive people will consider their game titles racist and people who buy one game prejudice compared to the other. >>

Pokémon Marble and Pokémon Granite would have been more logical choices to avoid these assumptions, but I guess they wanted to go back to colors opposed to stones and metals. I assume they have a reason. Then again, arguably, all of the recent additions to the Pokémon games could be considered colors as well.

American's find a way to complain about everything. pokemon has been a target of adult americans since it first came out. the first movie was criticized as completely useless movie making with no lesson or legitimacy as a movie. they got schools to ban kids from bringing cards and stopped their kids from watching it. no matter what there's something wrong with something to americans

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back