• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    you know damn well they arent gonna make them the mascots, we will probably get a couple lame legendaries like always& then the 3rd version will have a cool legendary *points at D/P/Pt*

You like Giratina?:laugh:

anyways, they could have the legendaries be the mascot (getting kind of tiring) or they could have the pkmn (like in r/b/y lets not rule out the possibility) or maybe there won't be a mascot. Maybe black & white have a specific meaning behind them like PMD: Explorers of Time & Darkness did. We probably won't know till later in the summer or august (assuming they come out in Japan in september)...that leaves us with 3-4 months of speculation for the mascots.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I don't know what people think is so bad about these silhouettes. Most Pokemon would look awful if all you saw was their outline.
    I have faith that these starters will be very nice looking. That bottom right one has me especially curious.

Because alot of people (see other thread) seemed to decide they hated them before they even looked at their silhouettes.

Also the far right one looks more like an otter to me than a beaver or anything else...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I can't believe I missed the reveal. >.< Of all nights to have to go to my grandparents!!

Anyways I don't see how anyone can dislike them considering they're just silhouettes and that they each have two more evolutions...and the middle one looks absolutely adorable to me. Does the left one remind anyone else of the bird from Up!?

the middle ones are okay. Gen 4 middle ones were..bleh. Even though I love piplup and its evolutions to death, Prinplup didn't really look that good to me. The same can be said about Grotle.

yeah and that must suck you missed it, but hey at least you know what it is now! You should have seen how many ppl were on here. For one of the first times since HG&SS came out General had more viewers than it.
    Because alot of people (see other thread) seemed to decide they hated them before they even looked at their silhouettes.

Also the far right one looks more like an otter to me than a beaver or anything else...

is it me, or do a lot of people seem to be doing that nowadays? Acting like the grannies of pokemon hating anything new and preferring the old school pokes. Not that they aren't awesome..they still are..some better than newer ones.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    the middle ones are okay. Gen 4 middle ones were..bleh. Even though I love piplup and its evolutions to death, Prinplup didn't really look that good to me. The same can be said about Grotle.

yeah and that must suck you missed it, but hey at least you know what it is now! You should have seen how many ppl were on here. For one of the first times since HG&SS came out General had more viewers than it.

Which middle ones...? I generally find that I'm not a fan of most starters second evolutions, Charmeleon, Bayleef and Quilava are the only ones I really like that much. It's all about the first and 3rd. :P I don't know I'll judge them when I see the coloured in versions AND their most definate awesome final evolutions!!

Yeah I know, the only announcement I was on live for was the release of the Titles...I'm missing out on all the fun!!

is it me, or do a lot of people seem to be doing that nowadays? Acting like the grannies of pokemon hating anything new and preferring the old school pokes. Not that they aren't awesome..they still are..some better than newer ones.

Yeah you're totally right. I actually think first gen actually had some of the lamest designs, but their saved cause their classics. (Which I'm not denying they are) Heck 3rd gen for me was just amazing for design, a good balance of simplicity and originality!! If you go in thinking negative than it'll be hard to like any of the new ones. I have a lot of confidence in gen. 5 pokemon so far!!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can't believe I missed the reveal. >.< Of all nights to have to go to my grandparents!!

Anyways I don't see how anyone can dislike them considering they're just silhouettes and that they each have two more evolutions...and the middle one looks absolutely adorable to me. Does the left one remind anyone else of the bird from Up!?
    it looks like a bird to me if so it should be the grass starter, grass needs to have it's own bird starter, says this in clam voice.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Looks like Game Freak aren't even trying any more. The middle one is clearly Ryoga's pig form with a bauble on its tail.

no I think they're still trying. It's rumored that there were over 1,000 pkmn created before they even released gen.1 so I'm sure they have plenty of ideas...and remember we have millions of creatures on this planet and only...493 pokemon. If they somehow magically run out of animals to turn into pkmn then they can just take some creatures from Avatar...I'm sure James Cameron wouldn't mind :cool:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    it looks like a bird to me if so it should be the grass starter, grass needs to have it's own bird starter, says this in clam voice.

It looks like some Dinosaur bird to for sure. Unless that tail is fire (see Charmander) it's most definately the Grass starter. I'll be pretty shocked if it's not, it just has a grass bird aura around it. And you're right, it's grass' turn.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Which middle ones...? I generally find that I'm not a fan of most starters second evolutions, Charmeleon, Bayleef and Quilava are the only ones I really like that much. It's all about the first and 3rd. :P I don't know I'll judge them when I see the coloured in versions AND their most definate awesome final evolutions!!

Yeah I know, the only announcement I was on live for was the release of the Titles...I'm missing out on all the fun!!
    I mean all the middle ones in general. My favorites were Bayleef, Charmeleon, and Marshtomp.

Years
    I mean all the middle ones in general. My favorites were Bayleef, Charmeleon, and Marshtomp.
    I like all middle evos, with the exception of Charmeleon and croconaw(think i mispelled it) ... maybe because i have never own them and i haven't seen any of them in the anime... ash's charmeleon evolved quickly so i didn't get attatched to it in any way...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I like all middle evos, with the exception of Charmeleon and croconaw(think i mispelled it) ... maybe because i have never own them and i haven't seen any of them in the anime... ash's charmeleon evolved quickly so i didn't get attatched to it in any way...

Yeah that's understandable, I barely watch the anime but it's the reason I love Totodile so much!!

Actually new starters mean more pokemon for Ash...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

put it this way...if Charmeleon could fly, and was as strong as Charizard..then I wouldn't evolve mine. The middle ones seem to be the ones in the anime that we usually see the most. I mean Brock's Marshtomp didn't even evolve into Swampert (how could they?:().

Yeah that's understandable, I barely watch the anime but it's the reason I love Totodile so much!!

Actually new starters mean more pokemon for Ash...

I wish they wouldn't wait till they're in the middle of the region or end to give him his awesome pkmn. I think they should give him the water starter, and actually have it evolve. Is it me or does the anime just hate the water starters and either gives them to Ash (like in Kanto and Johto) but doesn't evolve them, or gives them to one of the supporting characters and gives them barely any battles or show time.

Last edited:

Years
    put it this way...if Charmeleon could fly, and was as strong as Charizard..then I wouldn't evolve mine. The middle ones seem to be the ones in the anime that we usually see the most. I mean Brock's Marshtomp didn't even evolve into Swampert (how could they?:().

I wish they wouldn't wait till they're in the middle of the region or end to give him his awesome pkmn. I think they should give him the water starter, and actually have it evolve. Is it me or does the anime just hate the water starters and either gives them to Ash (like in Kanto and Johto) but doesn't evolve them, or gives them to one of the supporting characters and gives them barely any battles or show time.
    Yeah what is up with the anime and water starters... mudkip was the only one that ever evolved!They must have a grudge against water... but the game makers don't they love water...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im done speculatin wit the beginners, its obvious we are all wrong lol

im just gonna hope for a bunch of new fire pokemon

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm gonna laugh if they don't give us any new fire pkmn, and after all of these posts speculating it. Or they reveal an awesome fire pkmn, say its obtainable in the game, then say that you have to get it through a special event...only present in japan.

or after that like literally wait till the 3rd installment of black & white to deliver on the fire types....oh Nintendo and their money-scheming ways.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I'm gonna laugh if they don't give us any new fire pkmn, and after all of these posts speculating it. Or they reveal an awesome fire pkmn, say its obtainable in the game, then say that you have to get it through a special event...only present in japan.

or after that like literally wait till the 3rd installment of black & white to deliver on the fire types....oh Nintendo and their money-scheming ways.

I.Hate.You. No not really. :P But that's such a mean and terrible thought!! :P We need a couple more fire pokes...and a Fire/Ghost!!

Years

Hope your wrong about this if so there greed is going to be their down fall.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back