• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    It is interesting to note that the scans show sinnoh, johto, and kanto in that they are far away from these regions. But hoenn is not shown. Could it be that you can travel to hoenn after the isshu region? there were many hints in platinum/hg/ss towards emerald and hoenn. It also seems that they will have a lot more different ways to travel (plane, car). The city is humongous and it looks like there'll be a lot more to explore.

Also, I am so glad they have made the protagonists older. The chick is hot, only thing I'd change about her is to make her hair black. The the guy is pretty badass. Even looks a bit like Red. Could they be related? Also, if the protagonists are older, maybe in the anime they will fast forward to when Ash is older too.

They'd just better keep with letting you have your pokemon follow you. And keep the pokeathelon. Can't wait to see more, I'm almost more exited about this than with hg/ss!
    knowing corocoro, hoenn isnt in it coz rse are old games and rnt on the ds so readers dont rly care. when they say its far away, its just another fancy pansy way of saying its a differant region in japanese.
    exploring shall be awesome though. something i always enjoy when getting a new pokemon game.

new protagonist defs looks cool. the guy is just a cooler version of red. i dont think the age of ash would change though... hes been 10 for the past 10 or so years.

as i hav said b4, they are most likely taking out the pokemon following feature. with the new graphics improvement, the ds cartridge would explode if it had 600 pokemon walking sprites.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

would those down the bottom happen to be the grass starters evolution?!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

would those down the bottom happen to be the grass starters evolution?!

Wtf r u talking about you didn't even should where you are talking about...

BTW where do you guys think the region will be here:

I think somewhere below Hoe In

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Wtf r u talking about you didn't even should where you are talking about...

BTW where do you guys think the region will be here:

I think somewhere below Hoe In
    it doesnt need a specific location on that map coz its fanmade, it can go anywhere. whats rly confusing is that they show isshu with the massive city. y didnt they just put the region in? and theres also a boat so there probably will be a seperate island like in sinnoh.

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
    Sadly looking at the scans and screenies so far I dont think HG/SS walking was carried over! Which sucks.
    An older Ash would be cool.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Sadly looking at the scans and screenies so far I dont think HG/SS walking was carried over! Which sucks.
    An older Ash would be cool.
    Why on earth would an old Ash be in the games? Hes from the anime not games... nothing to do with the games... unless you ment Red? If you did then well... he was in HG/SS and I didn't really feel he was apart of the game... he never even talks to you... justs a battle and "..." so maybe...

if your trying to say you dont know what im talking about i ment this:

but having a closer look it looks like Turtwig's evo line :/
    It is... it even has the japanese logos for D/P/PT!

Anyone noticed that your lead Pokemon doesn't seem to follow you any more? ><
    Its been repeated by one or two people every 1 or 2 pages XD

Okay guys, i tryed and failed at making a sprite for the male hero XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Looking at the new battle screens, I'm a bit disappointed since it looks like there won't be full body back sprites :(

Oh and Mijumaru looks a lot more like a snowman in his battle sprite XD Seriously, though, it still doesn't look like a Pokemon to me.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Looking at the new battle screens, I'm a bit disappointed since it looks like there won't be full body back sprites :(

Oh and Mijumaru looks a lot more like a snowman in his battle sprite XD Seriously, though, it still doesn't look like a Pokemon to me.

It think the screen just zooms in when you're choosing commands, and zooms out to full sprites when attacks are being preformed.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years

actually, there will be full body back sprites, the camera's just a bit closer in and if you look closely, you'll see that the text boxes are translucent

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    *checks Serebii*

Wohohoah, this is pawnsome! The cities look absolutely awesome, and older protagonists = win! :D
    The starters... well, could be better, yes. But I'll be choosing the grass one anyways, so it's okay xD
    So Zoroark will be obtainable via event... Event-only, you think? :/

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    *checks Serebii*
    Wohohoah, this is pawnsome! The cities look absolutely awesome, and older protagonists = win! :D
    The starters... well, could be better, yes. But I'll be choosing the grass one anyways, so it's okay xD
    So Zoroark will be obtainable via event... Event-only, you think? :/

I seriously doubt event only, obviously it can evolve froma Zorua which you'll be able to catch in the wild or recieve from someone somewhere in game without the need of an event, remember, this is probs just a special Movie Zoroark, whenever a non-legendary Pokemon is involved in an event then it's obs very different to the normal Pokemon

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
    Years
    One question I would like to ask that nobody as of yet has brought up is what will the shiny forms of the starters look like?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Oh, also, the new looks of attacks looks good. If that's ember, then I can't wait to see Flamethrower xP

Ya think the attack animations will be good or fail? It looks the good way d(^^ )

I actually appreciate battle animations very much. It would be cool if they had multiple animations for attacks like that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh, also, the new looks of attacks looks good. If that's ember, then I can't wait to see Flamethrower xP

Ya think the attack animations will be good or fail? It looks the good way d(^^ )
    Sure hope so, man razor leaf looks like a smaller version of leaf storm which is cool, it looks like one of those scans shows the water starter using whirlpool, or water pulse.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I actually appreciate battle animations very much. It would be cool if they had multiple animations for attacks like that.
    Yeahhh... Several animations for the same move, you should be able to reconize its the same move, but once in a while it should twist diferently or something, that way, it doesent get to repetetive!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Also, Pokémon's sprite changing depending on the attack. Say, if it uses a speical attack, it doesn't just stand like an idiot, but actually looks like it uses a special attack :D

...But that doesn't look like it'll happen...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back