• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So? It doesn't mean that legendaries won't ever evolve. Don't be so arrogant.

The reason legendaries don't evolve is because they are the perfect Pokemon. Most Pokemon evolve, (actually, I won't be surprised if every non-legendary evolves. It makes sense) because they aren't mature enough. It's kind of like when people grow up; we're babies, then children, the adolescents, and then adults.

However, legendaries are literally perfect. Their power, strength, and the fact that they live longer than most Pokemon. Except Mew, since Mew was probably not a legendary Pokemon at the time.

Arceus, being "God" and all is the ruler of them all....but I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of doomsday Pokemon...#666, anyone?

Years
    Serebii is kind of full of itself...fakes

lol but seriously, if someone calls Zorua or Zoroark a Legendary they should give up on life

Umm what the heck does that have to do with anything and how does it make Serebii full of himself. Those are there to inform people of some of the fake pokemon that people have made. I don't know how trying to keep people from believing false information is being full of yourself but ok.

On topic. Has anyone noticed how often Pichu is popping up these days? Is Pikachu losing his status to its pre evo? Will something happen to Pikachu in Gen 5?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Umm what the heck does that have to do with anything and how does it make Serebii full of himself. Those are there to inform people of some of the fake pokemon that people have made. I don't know how trying to keep people from believing false information is being full of yourself but ok.

Agreed

On topic. Has anyone noticed how often Pichu is popping up these days? Is Pikachu losing his status to its pre evo? Will something happen to Pikachu in Gen 5?

Pichu is Satoshi Tajiri's favourite pokemon I believe so that could have something to do with it. I'm hoping he'll have a new favourite after 5th gen though!!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Of course not... But Game freak can always break limits.

The Manaphy, Phione thingy was really unexpected, atleast to me, but Manaphy's a legendary Pkmn, isn't it?
    Again, I'm not saying they're legends, I really don't think they are, I'm saying you can always expect change. If I should give up on life because of that, then fine.

Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy, just like Poseidon is the king of the sea but his children are still of the sea.

That was a joke, but clearly you didn't pay attention, if you read the lines before you can make it out but whatever.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I didn't think Phione evolved into Manaphy, it was just... Eh, whatever, that nothing we should make and argue about.

How do you think the Gyms and the Gym Puzzles will be in Gen Five? Will there be big changes, or will the idea stay as it is without improvement/other changes? I personally hope for something that pleases the eyes... A little more ones like Byron's Gym, perhaps?

Years
    Good thinking, Phil.

Gym Puzzles should change....and Gym Leaders as well. I wish they were a bit more like Brock in FR/LG....Incredibly tough! Also, I think the first gym leader should be a double battle....would mix things up, right? Also, Dark-type Gym Leader!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I agree. They should have put in a Dark Gym Leader in the first place, like introducing the new typ to the player, A little like they did in with Steel. I know about Karen, but that was too late...
    Ah well, I think it's time for a Dark Gym now! They'll have to think it through tho, we won't be pleased with stuff like Morty's or Brawly's Puzzle >:3

How do you think about Gyms looking differently from the outside for a change? Or how about an outside-Gym :o

Years
    Very interesting....Like in the anime?

I wish there was more fun to battles....like more animations...

Gyms are often supposed to look the same outside, because the game system has limited space. The inside is vastly different. Like Volkner's Gym, and Wake's. Not to mention Byron's...

Also, I think Gym Leaders should be more active, like at night the Gym is closed? I mean, be realistic! I beat Roark at 5 AM in the morning, come on!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Talk about fun gameplay when you finally make it to the town to find the gym closed for the night XD

But well, I guess it'd be fun with the gyms looking a bit different... Not a need tho. And animations would take even more space, wouldn't it? (knows nothing about this kinda stuff)

Years
    But it would be realistic, like Hotel Grand Lake.

Yeah, I guess it would...

Anyway, I expect Lunatone, Solrock, Absol, Zangoose, and Seviper to return in 5th gen, along with evolutions. I can't wait!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    About Gyms being closed, isn't that basicly making sure you have to wait a few hours to continue the game? Hotel Grand lake is optional. You don't have to go there. In many gameplays I haven't. A gym you have to enter, possibly several times over a long timespan. If it's closed... Well, either cheat time, or wait about ten hours. yay.
    No, would that work?

Instead of closing some hours at night, let's say the gym Leader and the trainers are having beaks until they are notified the Player is coming. Then they hurry, to stand in the exact spots they always stand in, to pretend nothing has happened. nah, kidding.

But you know, in HGSS the Leaders leave their gyms on days off like, once in a week. They'll probably make that return.

Oh! And don't forget Farfetch'd! He has to get an evo :3

Years
    And Delibird.

Ah, okayz. I getz itz nao.

Anyway, I think the gameplay should have customizable characters. Like, when you begin the game you can go into your closet and change clothes, skin or whatever.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Thta's be awesome ^^

But again, alot of space. And it'd be hard for NPC's to comment your clothes (like they do in Snowpoint City)... Wait... Maybe your clothes changes after special events?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im hoping they dont go overload with evolutions and ledgenderys like they did with 4th gen :\ I think there were more ledgenderys + New evos then normal new pokemon :(

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    There have been these rumors about a dark type pokemon its pokedex name is Dark Fox but its species name is uncertian yet

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    I don't know about you, but I hope that the head of Something Awful doesn't translate for this game. I hated seeing "noob," "for the win," and "a winner is you" in DPPt.

Anyways, I hope to see a Pokemon the evolves into Solrock OR Lunatone, like Wurmple to Silcoon or Cascoon.

A dark type gym is needed, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back