• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • I personally want to see new Pokemon. I'm getting a bit tired of these "new" evolutions.
    I like to see a good mix of new evolutions/pre-evos and new Pokemon. So far I think Gen 2 is the only one that got it right. Gen 3 didn't have enough(with just two pre-evos), and Gen 4 had too much. Hopefully Gen 5 will follow in Johto's footsteps once again. ^^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Sandslash evolution and completely new pokemon (kind of really hope it's this one) are my favourite theories but at the moment they're all just theories.

Since the show mentioned something about that pokemon being Z from the new movie (I think) I wonder if it'll oppose one of Ash's pokemon in some way...though I can't see how it relates to Pikachu in anyway...

Yeah, I keep forgetting that this Pokemon is suppose to be "Z". If that's the case, I'm finding it hard to believe that it's any type of evolution for a previous Pokemon.

I do still hope to see an evolution for Sandslah though XD.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Yeah, I keep forgetting that this Pokemon is suppose to be "Z". If that's the case, I'm finding it hard to believe that it's any type of evolution for a previous Pokemon.

I do still hope to see an evolution for Sandslah though XD.

A ground/fighting Sandslash evolution with raised Sp. Def (myabe Atk and HP too) would keep the Tryanitar's at bay...Or raise the usage to abuse Sand Veil...:P

Years
  • I am personally against the idea of this being a new evo but if it is an evo Sandslash seems to be the most logical answer to who it is. At first I didn;t think so because the whole point of Sandslash is the "slash" part and this pokemon seems to be lacking that attribute however what if this is actually just one big claw?

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • Alakazam17 said:
    I like to see a good mix of new evolutions/pre-evos and new Pokemon. So far I think Gen 2 is the only one that got it right. Gen 3 didn't have enough(with just two pre-evos), and Gen 4 had too much. Hopefully Gen 5 will follow in Johto's footsteps once again. ^^
    It may sound crazy, but the perfect generation for me would be formed only by new evolutions and babies.

Since Gen 3, the new Pokémon sometimes don't feel like the ones of earlier generations. With new evos and babies, we'd be sure that it's not going to happen.
    I am personally against the idea of this being a new evo but if it is an evo Sandslash seems to be the most logical answer to who it is. At first I didn;t think so because the whole point of Sandslash is the "slash" part and this pokemon seems to be lacking that attribute however what if this is actually just one big claw?
    OMG, It'd be like a Kingler or Gliscor then!! I really think it's a tail.

EDIT: IT's A PONYTAIL!!!

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Sandslash evo is my favorite thought out of the ones posted here... But a new line/stand alone would also be cool.

To me, this Pokemon kinds looks like a... fighting type? From the stance, I mean...

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • I kinda like the idea that it might be an evo for Sandslash, that'd be sweet - But personally, I can't see it being related to any Pokémon, although if I were to guess, then yea, I'd say Lucario or Sandslash - Hopefully it's the latter, if any of them.

Years
  • It may sound crazy, but the perfect generation for me would be formed only by new evolutions and babies.

Since Gen 3, the new Pokémon sometimes don't feel like the ones of earlier generations. With new evos and babies, we'd be sure that it's not going to happen.
    OMG, It'd be like a Kingler or Gliscor then!! I really think it's a tail.

EDIT: IT's A PONYTAIL!!!

I think it is a tail too but I'm just trying to rationalize a Sandslash evo.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • I think it is a tail too but I'm just trying to rationalize a Sandslash evo.
    Yes, as Waffle-san said, speculations are all we have now.

But let me say something about this Z, then. You know that in Japanese, Arceus title is the Alpha Pokémon, right? Alpha is the first letter (A), and Omega is the last (Z in our languages). In association we could say that this Ruler of Illusion Z can be the Omega Pokémon, Arceus' rival or something like that. If Arceus is like a God, Z could be... could it be??? Maybe an abyss related Pokémon. Ah, I think I'm overthinking...

Years
  • Yes, as Waffle-san said, speculations are all we have now.

But let me say something about this Z, then. You know that in Japanese, Arceus title is the Alpha Pokémon, right? Alpha is the first letter (A), and Omega is the last (Z in our languages). In association we could say that this Ruler of Illusion Z can be the Omega Pokémon, Arceus' rival or something like that. If Arceus is like a God, Z could be... could it be??? Maybe an abyss related Pokémon. Ah, I think I'm overthinking...

No that is actually really good thinking. Maybe this pokemon isn't Z but is rather a pokemon that helps Arceus fight it, like his right hand man......err pokemon haha.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yes, as Waffle-san said, speculations are all we have now.

I'm not sure how likely that is but I do like where you're going with that. I don't think you're overthinking it. =)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Do you think they're going to have a remake for generation 5? If they don't, then what would the new name be? O_O

Haha, I'm guessing you're talking about a remake for Ruby & Sapphire? I wouldn't be surprised if they were to release remakes like those, but chances are they'll wait for the successor of the DS first.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Yes, as Waffle-san said, speculations are all we have now.

I think you might be onto something there....

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • It's very interesting-looking. However I doubt it's an evolution to a previously existing Pokemon. I think it'll be something entirely new....

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's a ponytail, not a second arm, haha.... To me, it almost looks a bit like Renamon from Digimon!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    ^ Very smart, except It might be VolcanicRuby and OceanSapphire. Silk and Oil sound pausible, But I'm sticking with Day/Night Sun/Moon Dusk/Dawn Light/Darkness.

Oh wow, VolcanicRuby and OceanSapphire makes SO much sense, especially considering the two mascots for the versions. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • I wonder how they'll come up with unique legendary ideas. Haven't they used like all of them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back