• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Dude, we got over 500 Pokemon.

I'm just saying it's possible because it's much more plausible than Sound/Light.

Besides, it's the only thing I can think of that fits with Smoke of any sort without being too...

Anyways, that has nothing to do with anything. If, they can make Solrock and Lunatone...

What does that have with anything?

I think you need elaborate. I can't make heads or tails of the point you're trying to make...=/

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Dude, we got over 500 Pokemon.
    Yeah and each of them have some of the seventeen types so we do not need anymore types. Normal is already light,mammals together as a type so light isn't needed. Sound is in alot of types Normal- screech sing growl, Grass- grasswhistle ( would not make sense as a sound type).

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Yeah and each of them have some of the seventeen types so we do not need anymore types. Normal is already light,mammals together as a type so light isn't needed. Sound is in alot of types Normal- screech sing growl, Grass- grasswhistle ( would not make sense as a sound type).

Jus adding to this. As easy as it is to categorize some moves into a sound typing I don't see how you can create a purely sound pokemon. Sure the whismsur line is sound related but if it's not making any noise than it's already contradicting it's type. It just makes things too complicated...

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2010
    The games says otherwise. There needs to be a new type, and probably the best time to do it. I don't know but it felt like D/P/Plt was more of a test run. HGSS was there but not at its hype.

BTW, Air and Sound do have something in common.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    And when we say that a typing already covers light, why does it need to be covered? By saying that, you assume that light is already an integrated and necessary part of the game, which its not.

Also, an expectation I would like to see for this game is the inclusion of both contests AND Pokeathlon. Having both would just make life easier!!

And HOW do the games say otherwise, other than your feeling? This is NOT the perfect time for it, where the game has developped into a systematically perfect entity! The seventeen types balance out nearly perfectly, with favoritism to the types that honestly SHOULD be favored for the games target audience. Dragon is powerful because PEOPLE LIKE DRAGONS! Poison is not because NO ONE LIKES POISON! Adding another type now doesn't have any real benefit to the games, other than throwing a wrench in the works.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    I was thinking today in school... since arceus is the alfa pokemon ( the begining ) Z could be some sort of rival to arceus ( z ( of the alphabet) = end )

just a thought

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    The games says otherwises. There needs to be a new type, and probably the best time to do it. I don't know but it felt like D/P/Plt was more of a test run. HGSS was there but not at its hype.

We do not need new types we have enough we don't need light due to psychic and normal and sound would be retarded. And we already have flying for air type.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I was thinking today in school... since arceus is the alfa pokemon ( the begining ) Z could be some sort of rival to arceus ( z = end )

just a thought

Haha way to read the thread. :P It's pretty accepted. :P But still just a theory.

The games says otherwise. There needs to be a new type, and probably the best time to do it. I don't know but it felt like D/P/Plt was more of a test run. HGSS was there but not at its hype.

Please, since I'd like to know. Why? How? The game says otherwise you say? Enlighten us? At the moment I have to disagree with you. But if you have a reason than I might agree with you. I hope this doesn't come off as snobby cause I just want to see your point of view clearly so I can develop a real opinion it.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Thats been a pretty common theory so far, its come up quite a few times. But theres no real proof, so its just speculation. I've thought of an alternate for Arceus before, so if Z is, Im sort of bummed it didnt fit my imagination :P.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2010
    Well, for starters there really isn't anything to counter Electric besides your standard ground type attacks. Even then, that was ruined partially by Magnet Rise when HGSS came out.

As for the perfect time, I can't say but something is bound to be new. So, I'll leave it at that...

Flying as a wind-type has no sense either. If anything, most flying types/attacks are physical and swoop down the opponent with accelerating speed. There's only so much you can generate with wings.

Oh, Air/Wind>>Lightning/Electric but that's currently Naruto logic...

Last edited:

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    i was also thinking when was the last time a pokemon's preivew artwork was drawn from an angle such as the one that we have just seen, i mean why would the pokemons head be facing away from us when its legs are facing towards us, maybe the thing on the left isnt a head?

the pic just makes the new pokemons stance look awkward...

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well, for starters there really isn't anything to counter Electric besides your standard ground type attacks. Even then, that was ruined partially by Magnet Rise when HGSS came out.

As for the perfect time, I can't say but something is bound to be new. So, I'll leave it at that...

Flying as a wind-type has no sense either. If anything, most flying types/attacks are physical and swoop down the opponent with accelerating speed. There's only so much you can generate with wings.

Oh, Air/Wind>>Lightning/Electric but that's currently Naruto logic...

Yes but are electric types in any way unbeatable? They have one weaknesses and 3 resistances which means they have 13 types that hit them for neutral damage. Couple that with the fact that generally Electric types have subpar defenses, they are really quite controlable. To totally balance everything out evey type would have to have the same amount of weaknesses and resistances which would ruin type diversity entirally.

Instead of new types, we just need new pokemon. New stats, think of how popular Heatran is now in the OU metagame. Not the most popular, sure, but if Garchomp were to return it would dissapear all together. Pokemon is a strategy game, each types strengths and weaknesses adds to that strategy. You can take all electric types because they only have one weakness but if you do run into a ground team, you're screwed. The type chart as it is, is good. Poison is the only thing that's really looked down apon. If we fix that then everything would be perfect in my eyes. A light type (exemple) would just complicate things and cause compatibility issues most likely.

When a pokemon is deemed uber it's usually more to do with it's stats, ability and movepool then typing. Then it's simply moved to uber, as a pokemon alone.

I don't think Naruto logic holds much weight here...and I see what you're saying about wings not creating all elements of wind. I've just used flying as a way to summarize everything. An attack called "Tornado" or "Wind gust" would be categorized as flying to me, even though it has little to do with wings and flying in general. Is the flying type inproperly named? Probably. But it does it's job of representing air and wind like qualities just fine.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im going to make the prediction that in the future, every time a shadow of a biped pokemon is revealed, the masses will assume its Lucario related. Either that or everyone does it on purpose to be annoying.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    Im going to make the prediction that in the future, every time a shadow of a biped pokemon is revealed, the masses will assume its Lucario related. Either that or everyone does it on purpose to be annoying.

If Lucario gets an evolution this Gen, I will probably be the only person not raging or celebrating... Just saying. Some people keep going on about how the shadow is related to Lucario, and ether raging or getting really excited about it...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I agree with you. I wouldnt be upset or super excited. Im not that into Lucario and it gets annoying when people make every occasion about him. What ever this fifth gen brings will make me happy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    i got a question, are the pokemon regions based off anything? and did the creators "set" the most generations they planned to do, or not? just was curious cause, we got Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh, Now there will be a fifth one. if you include sevii then it's six but yeah..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back