• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    They had that feature in G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG and they took it out in DPPt, not sure about HGSS though. I wanted them to add more of that into the games. Oooo what about falling rocks when your in a cave? lol a minigame dodging rocks. Eh no that would get annoying. But still..

btw does anyone feel the need to have 2 rivals? One thats a friendly rival, and the other that hates your gut. That would make it interesting.

Taking it out was definately stupid. They could of used it as a tool to find things, taking it out was pointless.
    Haha that could be a pokeathlon event!!

Well they kind of did that in Emerald but, neither were overly challenging...it could work though!! I've always thought you should meet up with some trainer that challenges you to a battle but has like level 65 pokemon when you're on the third gym. It'd be a good eye-opener. :P Plus I always find it weird when the Champions ask you for help in defeating Team ____ when you have 7 badges and they're the freaking champion. >.<

Nintengod

Elite Battler &amp; Contest Master
    Years
    I wanna be able to breed shinies, 1/64 chance is fine if you breed 2 shinies. Also you know how money can't be made in PBR online? Change it so PBR2 can. I never got any clothing. #%$& offline.

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Here's what I'd like to see:
    -Dark-type Gym leader
    -Tournament style Grand Championship after completion of game (with all of the gym leaders and Elite Fours of past Pokemon games)
    -Only about 5 legends max (a trio, a badass one and a cute one)
    -Light-type (yeah, I'm one of those people)
    -More variety in caves and sea routes (as in, not just geodude/onix/zubat/machop and tentacool/wingull)
    -No more annoying to get Pokemon like Spiritomb (I like Spiritomb, I just don't like having to get him in such a way >.<)
    -In game trading halls where you can "trade" Pokemon that evolve by trade without the need for another DS
    -Decently designed Pokemon, with unused type combos (Fire/Ghost comes to mind)
    -Rebalancing of the type chart (make poison and rock offensively better and ice defensively better, for instance)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im very curious to see how they introduce Zoroarks ability into the games. Im hoping it's not just a simple Transform. 5th gen is going to be amazing.

Years
    I'd like to see more travel methods. Like Rapidash riding or Dodrio riding. Squirtle surfing drowning. All as replacements for that Bicycle.

If Giratina can get alternate Forme in Platinum then perhaps the Machops can get alternate sprites for females and perhaps we can finally see a Sandstorm Castform?

Non-legendary Pokemon with Drought...
    Non-legendary Pokemon to have Drizzle...

Gel-type Pokemon...

There must be some clowns in the Pokemon world that dress as 'superheros/supervillains'. Some kind of story to that end would be cool. I heard something some years ago about a Gligarman?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I'm guessing the name of zoroark's ability to be 'shape shift' (for obvious reasons)..i am not sure what it would do but it sounds cool ...wat do u think ??

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I know this won't happen at all, but I'd like it if they used 3D graphics for essentially everything except battles. Sort of have graphics similar to the DS Zelda games, and have the same control scheme, so essentially 360 degrees of movement rather than up/down/left/right. Won't happen I know, but I'd still like it. I also wished Gen V was on the next handheld rather than the DS since I can't help but think it's going to feel identical to DPP/HGSS. Oh well, looking forward to what they do with the game anyway.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I'm guessing the name of zoroark's ability to be 'shape shift' (for obvious reasons)..i am not sure what it would do but it sounds cool ...wat do u think ??

I think it's more shadow- or illusion-like than shapeshifting. So something about shadows I think.

Mujahid

Years
    I think it's more shadow- or illusion-like than shapeshifting. So something about shadows I think.

hmm...maybe..but it's based on kitsune (according to bulbapedia) which are known for shape shifting..but something related to shadows will work too ..

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Im very curious to see how they introduce Zoroarks ability into the games. Im hoping it's not just a simple Transform. 5th gen is going to be amazing.
    If Zoroark's ability is just an automatic transform, I will not be happy. Since you'd hardly get to see its sprite. Although, I'm not exactly looking forward to Zoroark's back sprite.... Anyway, I really do hope that they get more creative with him than "Shapeshift? Ok, let's make him transform!"

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    How about Zoroark becomes the opponent for a little time period?
    I can imagine. Wild battle, perhaps?
    Well, if you think like in the movie... I don't know... I'd personally prefer him without any significant role... He's more of a... Lucario Pkmn. (Who also got a big role in a movie... odd) =/
    Maybe if it's HP get's too low it shapeshifts into the opponent's Pokemon.
    That sounds like Transform to me ^_^"

Mujahid

Years
    yup.. speculation is fun :)
    anyways i'll go with " transforming into any pokemon randomly" thing....OR maybe they'll end up giving him a signature move that does the same......

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    How about something that'll never happen?
    Like, Zoroark gets a secondary type that is the same as the opponent's primary type? If battling a water type, Zoroark becomes dark/water. If the enemy is fighting/ground, Zoroark is dark/fighting. If it's dark, Zoroark is then DOUBLE dark!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back