• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Well Hoenn was one of the best regions in my opinion, but seeing a more tropical region in the better 3D graphics would be a lot better. I hope the region is a lot bigger and has more changing climates, so there's a bigger adventure and a better mixture of Pokémon.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Yes, I would actually :P The desert wasn't desert-y enough in my opinion, and it's not even a giant desert :3 Underwater and Dive would actually be a cool addition to the 5th Generation, since they've only used it in 1 generation. And maybe Whirlpool. But how about Secret Bases? Would you prefer the R/S/E's treehouses or D/P/Pt's Underground bases? Or both?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I agree w/ Esmas, a more tropical region would be awesome! Or better yet a region that has weather changing constantly in all cities/towns and routes, just like in the real world. lol maybe they can add in global warming and have a city like 110 degrees, w/ the ground glowing like it did in Sotopolis city during the whole Groudon/Kyogre conflict.

other than that I'd LOVE it if they actually allowed you to control how your pokemon flies and all when using fly. Sorta how in gen 3 when using dive you were able to move about anywhere you pleased. If Nintendo could upgrade the graphics it would be an awesome view.

I never liked either, actually... Can't you just decorate your room and use it as a base?

that would be a good idea too because now your house is essentially only used for like the first 5 minutes of the game. I think being able to take out pokemon from your PC using your poketch would be awesome too.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I'm not a desserty person myself (though the Lost tower was cool) but hells yes for the return of Dive!!
    I know I've said it before, but Dive was freaking sweet, and adds so many possibilities to the games!!

Could you fly to your base in gen 3? Cause that would make them more useful! And more purepose for your room go!! Anyone for underwater secret bases? :P

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Sadly you couldn't fly there, but it was MUCH better than in DPPt in my opinion. And Hoenn was a region of champions, it went from forest, to tropics and islands, to volcanoes, to more forest, but junglier, then to the wide ocean, and beautiful islands, with INCREDIBLY cities and a whole WORLD underwater!! It was incredible, Gen 5 should totally follow it!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I'd like it so that every day three random routes are raining and one sunny, the rest normal. Certain routes would have fixed weather types. Towns would be fixed to normal. Snowy routes would still hail and desert routes would still sandstorm.

And then there could be like one 'raining' Pokemon and one 'sunny' Pokemon for each route, which can only be found when the weather condition is inflicted. So like on Route 312 you can find Poliwags only when it's raining.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    I would love to see a town/city in the sky and for them to bring back Dive, myself. I didn't really like Hoenn that much, but I loved to go deep underwater.

Eirikir

Water Pokemon Veteran
    Years
    Improve Teleport: Make it a Psychic/Special U-Turn, but retain its out of battle effect.

Fly on Gyarados: Bounce is practically Fly, come on GF, just a little farther until my Neverending Story fantasy comes true.

Separate Moves and Out of Battle Effects: Pleeeese! I hate stupid HM slaves!

Change Pokeballs: I hatch a Horsea, it comes in a standard pokeball, I want to be able to discard the standard and replace it with say, a dive ball. Purely for looks you know.

Oh: And while I'm at it, I want a third option in Water/Dark types.

Last edited:

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    And Aura Sphere was also given to Togekiss, it's not really an exclusive move like Doom Desire or Judgement.

Moves I want to see are a more powerful special bug move, a MUCH better physical flying move, or at least something more widespread than Brave Bird, and also some better defense increasing moves, Cosmis Power is cool, but nothing pulls it off.

brave bird and sky attack isn't enough? How about a special flying move variation, hurricane?

Screw giving bugs more, they're SUPPOSED to be weak.

Years
    Rival character should enter the employ of the enemy team. And the enemy team, rather than be defeated, should just change the nobility of their main goal in life from hurtful to helpful.

Pokemon Eggs should be more unique in shell appearance. I hate thinking of Yoshi when I play Pokemon.

There shoulld be three bikes: Acro, Mach, and the 'Sinnoh gear shift'

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I would love to see a town/city in the sky and for them to bring back Dive, myself. I didn't really like Hoenn that much, but I loved to go deep underwater.
    a town in the sky, a city underground, or better yet a floating city that goes into the ocean as well. something sorta like this
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

now imagine it in 3d graphics!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    brave bird and sky attack isn't enough? How about a special flying move variation, hurricane?

Screw giving bugs more, they're SUPPOSED to be weak.

Dear Mark,

I hope you have been well, I'm sorry about what happened between us but Bullet Punch was a rebirth for me. Sadly I realised that I am, in fact, way out of your league. I'm glad that you have found someone new though, Masquerain compliments you perfectly. You both have that 50% weakness to "the rocks." But I hope that together you guys have overcome your drinking problems. Masquerain will just have to accept that it's not a water type anymore.

Say hi to your family for me, they really helped me with alot, if it wasn't for them I might just be another Baton Passer. If you're wondering how I am, I'm good. Life at the top is not as lonely as they say, in fact everyone just wants a piece of you. I have also found someone new, Heatran and I compliment each other so well but I will understand if you...well if you can't. (Understand that is, since I know you struggle with your comprehension)

In conclusion, Togekiss and I were at the mall the other day shopping for tms. We came to the conclusion that Sky Attack really is a useless move. It's like a flying type Hyper Beam with less Base Power and Accuracy. Either way, we've replaced it with Rock Smash. It's 50% chance of lowering defense is at least semi-useful.

Again I hope you are doing well, I must end this letter here, Forretress, Heracross, Ninjask and I are going to quite the prestigious party. OU's only.

Sincerely,

The Best Bug Type AND Most Used Pokemon in OU
    Scizor
    :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Dear Mark,

I hope you have been well, I'm sorry about what happened between us but Bullet Punch was a rebirth for me. Sadly I realised that I am, in fact, way out of your league. I'm glad that you have found someone new though, Masquerain compliments you perfectly. You both have that 50% weakness to "the rocks." But I hope that together you guys have overcome your drinking problems. Masquerain will just have to accept that it's not a water type anymore.

Say hi to your family for me, they really helped me with alot, if it wasn't for them I might just be another Baton Passer. If you're wondering how I am, I'm good. Life at the top is not as lonely as they say, in fact everyone just wants a piece of you. I have also found someone new, Heatran and I compliment each other so well but I will understand if you...well if you can't. (Understand that is, since I know you struggle with your comprehension)

In conclusion, Togekiss and I were at the mall the other day shopping for tms. We came to the conclusion that Sky Attack really is a useless move. It's like a flying type Hyper Beam with less Base Power and Accuracy. Either way, we've replaced it with Rock Smash. It's 50% chance of lowering defense is at least semi-useful.

Again I hope you are doing well, I must end this letter here, Forretress, Heracross, Ninjask and I are going to quite the prestigious party. OU's only.

Sincerely,

The Best Bug Type AND Most Used Pokemon in OU
    Scizor
    :)

This is the most hilarious waste of time ever... I love it XD

Anyway I know there is always the fact that it would cause for a crapload of sprites but I wish each family had its own Egg Sprite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    what im always looking forward to is the gyms i think they should use atleast use the types bug poison ground( they only have been used just once) and dark since there never was a gym for that. also they should really stop using rock as a first gym ><.

what do you guys think?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    well ground can replace rock as the first gym...it's weak to water and grass but S.E against fire...so it basically covers all three starters..and rock can be 4th or 5th gym

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back