• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    If Rock was the seventh (or whatever) gym, you'd well and truly have Waters and Grasses by then. And, assuming they're coupled with Ground (I mean what rocks aren't?), that's x4 damage; easy sweep. I guess they could try coupling with Steel (Steelix) and Grass (Cradily), etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    how about not using rock we have seen it already maby just save it for the e4 or something . and ground as a first gym is nice but it stil reminds me alot of rock so maby bug or something.

Years
    Hallo Nerds, I'm back.

Alright....egg sprites....let's just say I hate them. When I got Emerald, I was like (LOLWUT? A YOSHI?!?!?) yeah, imagine my dissapointment when I saw a Wynaut come out...

So yeah, we need new egg sprite, so when I'm breeding I don't have to guess what Pokemon it is!

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    Dear Mark,

I hope you have been well, I'm sorry about what happened between us but Bullet Punch was a rebirth for me. Sadly I realised that I am, in fact, way out of your league. I'm glad that you have found someone new though, Masquerain compliments you perfectly. You both have that 50% weakness to "the rocks." But I hope that together you guys have overcome your drinking problems. Masquerain will just have to accept that it's not a water type anymore.

Say hi to your family for me, they really helped me with alot, if it wasn't for them I might just be another Baton Passer. If you're wondering how I am, I'm good. Life at the top is not as lonely as they say, in fact everyone just wants a piece of you. I have also found someone new, Heatran and I compliment each other so well but I will understand if you...well if you can't. (Understand that is, since I know you struggle with your comprehension)

In conclusion, Togekiss and I were at the mall the other day shopping for tms. We came to the conclusion that Sky Attack really is a useless move. It's like a flying type Hyper Beam with less Base Power and Accuracy. Either way, we've replaced it with Rock Smash. It's 50% chance of lowering defense is at least semi-useful.

Again I hope you are doing well, I must end this letter here, Forretress, Heracross, Ninjask and I are going to quite the prestigious party. OU's only.

Sincerely,

The Best Bug Type AND Most Used Pokemon in OU
    Scizor
    :)

Your logic is flawed, 3/4 of those pkmn are OU because of their other type, it covers the "bug" weaknesses except for fire(fairly uncommon). Steel is an amazing type so scizor/forretress don't count(they don't even use bug moves except for scizors uturn). Ninjask is good because of it's ability, not its type(again, it's sets don't use bug moves). It's typing is the worst period. Heracross I'll give you.

Why would we give flying types more? They have plenty. Brave bird is already pretty damn good. Most types would kill for the same move(like 13 types lack an equivalent move).

Besides 4 good OU bugs do not a good type make. Most(over 60% maybe 70%) are NU. Compared to say dragon who I'm not sure, but maybe one is NU or none? Bugs are weak, all canons say so. In fact this is the only gen where they had any fighting chance. Last gen most were NU but honestly it should have been called NEEUUYAMD: Never Ever Ever Used Unless You Are Mentally Disabled.

Eirikir

Water Pokemon Veteran
    Years
    As Flying type goes, I would be happy if GF took Razor Wind, took away the high critical hit rate (to be fair), took away the first turn charge (also to be fair), and turned it Flying type.

Years
    • Age 34
    • usa
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    Found some!
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    What I would like to see is more rival trainers.

- The badass rival who gets the stronger starter
    - The friendly rival who gets the weaker starter (but this time we can battle him/her)
    - Some rivals who we meet later in the game, one could even join the evil team

Wally was a good start, and so were the stat trainers, but I want the rivals to be more involved into the story, like I said before, let one of them join the evil team, let the others help you against this evil team (like the rivals in DPPt)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Your logic is flawed, 3/4 of those pkmn are OU because of their other type, it covers the "bug" weaknesses except for fire(fairly uncommon). Steel is an amazing type so scizor/forretress don't count(they don't even use bug moves except for scizors uturn). Ninjask is good because of it's ability, not its type(again, it's sets don't use bug moves). It's typing is the worst period. Heracross I'll give you.

Why would we give flying types more? They have plenty. Brave bird is already pretty damn good. Most types would kill for the same move(like 13 types lack an equivalent move).

Besides 4 good OU bugs do not a good type make. Most(over 60% maybe 70%) are NU. Compared to say dragon who I'm not sure, but maybe one is NU or none? Bugs are weak, all canons say so. In fact this is the only gen where they had any fighting chance. Last gen most were NU but honestly it should have been called NEEUUYAMD: Never Ever Ever Used Unless You Are Mentally Disabled.

Yeah...I wasn't really serious...Bugs in general do suck but there's a lot more of them then there are say Dragons and Steels. Of course by that logic than Alteria and Mawile shouldn't exist since all Dragons and Steels are awesome. =/ I think Bug's should get a little bit of a kick start in 5th generation, they are one of only 3 types that resist/have an immmunity to ground. Bug along with Poison are the only types not to have a legendary, I think it's time at least one of those types got a legendary...

Brave Bird is fairly exclusive and really the only option for physical flying moves...

New move:

Aero Talon
    Flying - Physical
    Attk: 95
    Acc: 95
    Effect: 10% chance of lowering opponents speed!!

And I think those are fake...at least I really hope so...yeah they're fake.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    can't wait. want to find out what gonna be in there tho :D
    If they make another Eeveelution Imma laugh xD

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    Yeah...I wasn't really serious...Bugs in general do suck but there's a lot more of them then there are say Dragons and Steels. Of course by that logic than Alteria and Mawile shouldn't exist since all Dragons and Steels are awesome. =/ I think Bug's should get a little bit of a kick start in 5th generation, they are one of only 3 types that resist/have an immmunity to ground. Bug along with Poison are the only types not to have a legendary, I think it's time at least one of those types got a legendary...

Brave Bird is fairly exclusive and really the only option for physical flying moves...

New move:

Aero Talon
    Flying - Physical
    Attk: 95
    Acc: 95
    Effect: 10% chance of lowering opponents speed!!

And I think those are fake...at least I really hope so...yeah they're fake.

fighting*/bug/poison don't have a legend.

can't wait. want to find out what gonna be in there tho :D
    If they make another Eeveelution Imma laugh xD

Dragon is the only pre-4th gen special type that isn't an Eeveelution yet.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    buffer bug pokemon please.

a tropical region for the 5th generation would be awesome, i want to be able to dive in more places. Like in caves where theres water, or maybe dive in an active volcano (fire types) o.o that would be fun. Maybe even have a secret base underwater xDD

Eirikir

Water Pokemon Veteran
    Years
    buffer bug pokemon please.

a tropical region for the 5th generation would be awesome, i want to be able to dive in more places. Like in caves where theres water, or maybe dive in an active volcano (fire types) o.o that would be fun. Maybe even have a secret base underwater xDD

Yes, yes, these right here. I loved the underwater route in R/S, but felt there was to little of it. And I was bummed when it was gone in D/P. Please bring back diving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back