• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years

I do think that Bigfoot is a western myth so the Japanese might not even know about it's apparent existence. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You are very very wrong. Bigfoot goes by many names. Sasquach, bigfoot, yeti, the abominal snowman, etc.

Abom(inal)asnow(man) is the bigfoot of pokemon. How are you a mod? You barely know anything about pokemon.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    You are very very wrong. Bigfoot goes by many names. Sasquach, bigfoot, yeti, the ambominal snowman, etc.
    Ah, right, my bad then. Although I always thought that Bigfoot and the Yeti were two different things.

Edit: Yeah, I did a bit of googling and Wikipedia told me that Bigfoot and the Yeti are two different things. Bigfoot is also known as a Sasquach while the Yeti is also knows as the abominable snowman. I was well aware of the relations between Abnomasnow and the Yeti, however, Bigfoot was another question.

..but, I don't see how this is generation five related so I think we should move the topic on.

Nintengod

Years
    Bugs will never be stronger. There purpose is being the weakest type.

There are too many OU dragons. 3 max more dragons.

3D or bust.

Better online or double bust.

A fast water ground is broken. That's why they're slow.

More customization/locations. Hoenn had locations right.

NO MORE USELESS HOUSES! In sinnoh half the freaking houses were pointless!!! They had a cathedral, NO POINT TO IT. They had a resort, NO POINT. They had a desert, NO POINT. They had a mining area, NO POINT. In sinnoh nearly everyone had some request or side quest to do.

Ah, right, my bad then. Although I always thought that Bigfoot and the Yeti were two different things.

Edit: Yeah, I did a bit of googling and Wikipedia told me that Bigfoot and the Yeti are two different things. Bigfoot is also known as a Sasquach while the Yeti is also knows as the abominable snowman. I was well aware of the relations between Abnomasnow and the Yeti, however, Bigfoot was another question.

..but, I don't see how this is generation five related so I think we should move the topic on.

This is true, but it's basically the "ice bigfoot" or the "mountain bigfoot". If they had a reg bigfoot it would look too much like a hairy machoke. Gamefreak was very creative making him mountain(grass)/ice type. That way they can have their cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Bugs are awesome. Perhaps not all types are created equal, but if reality is your reasoning, there's more insects than there are mammals. Needs moar Bug. Always.

I agree with giving a point to most if not all the interesting buildings, because there always has to be something in it for me because it seemed kinda... empty. Like Kanto did in GSC.

What would really be neat is if they added a custom town. Someplace where you could set up roads and buildings and such. The hard part (besides, y'know, making into the game) would be making it feasible story-wise. Some guy can hand you a villa I suppose, but an entire city...?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Thank God you don't work for GF, Nintengod. If that were the case, I'd quit playing Pokemon for good...

Seriously, a lot of the ideas expressed here are really good, so stop shooting them down.

Nintengod

Years
    Thank God you don't work for GF, Nintengod. If that were the case, I'd quit playing Pokemon for good...

Seriously, a lot of the ideas expressed here are really good, so stop shooting them down.

Sounds like scrubs complaining to pros again, is it that time of the month for you already? My ideas are better than yours, get over it. Making 50 useless bugs, 2 bigfoot type creatures and ANOTHER reindeer pokemon aren't good ideas. Most of these ideas suck. If they were so good why hasn't GF done them yet? Think about it in your time-out corner and get back to me.

Esmas

General
    Years
    How are you a mod? You barely know anything about pokemon.
    lol, even though what you were talking about had nothing to do with Pokémon, and it was just a stupid fight about Yeti, Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman, or whatever you wanna call him. And you don't need to know a thing about Pokémon to be a moderator, just intelligent, kind, active and responsible :|

And yeah, about the pointless houses...I totally agree with you D: The whole region was empty imo, and there weren't very many things to keep you playing after finishing that whole Stark Mountain sidequest and beating the Elite Four, only doing the same thing over and over again. Kanto in G/S/C was also kinda empty, I suppose. I really hope Nintendo actually includes quests and stuff into Generation 5, because I hate seeing a bunch of useless NPCs >:

Custom towns and cities would be cool, but...I think that's a bit too big. I'd like to see a feature where you can have just a simple building, you know, make a house or a hotel, or even a Pokémon Center or Mart. Maybe the player could pick between a bunch of default building styles. Selling things would be cool, and I like home design. That would bring a whole bunch of different gaming fans to the franchise. Not saying there's even 1% chance of it happening, though... D:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Oy vey, Nintengod. Cool down. Has Game Freak sat down and implemented all of your really really pro ideas?

In any case, I'd like to see what they could do with a primarily-urban environment. Say, instead of tall grass they do encounter setup like caves or something, and have buildings more realistically sized. They could take advantage of parks and stuff for grass, too. It would probably work better in a more Colosseum-ey graphic style. As far as storyline goes, Corrupt Corporate Executive all the way.

Rei

Years
    Also, I would like to see a limit of five legendary Pokemon in the fifth generation - three being catchable in game and two being events.

I have to disagree with this. I hate that there are patches of data in a game that i cant have unless i cheat, or go down to a gamestop/TRU that ill probably forget about until after the fact.

I missed arceus, almost missed jirachi. Either keep the data out and waste it on something else or let me haves my pokemans. There are other ways of making legendaries hard to catch, besides going to an event that will happen maybe twice.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Oy vey, Nintengod. Cool down. Has Game Freak sat down and implemented all of your really really pro ideas?

In any case, I'd like to see what they could do with a primarily-urban environment. Say, instead of tall grass they do encounter setup like caves or something, and have buildings more realistically sized. They could take advantage of parks and stuff for grass, too. It would probably work better in a more Colosseum-ey graphic style. As far as storyline goes, Corrupt Corporate Executive all the way.

I agree that the evil grouping should be in some form of syndicate or corporation, Pokemon could really use an environmentalist plotline, possibly where a legendary Pokemon goes berserk because of all the pollution the syndicate is causing. It would be a better storyline because it's more realistic to our current planet IMO, so it would add a sort of visionary tinge to the game.

Also Nintengod, the sign of a true professional is someone who helps other people get better, not someone who tries to make them feel worse.

Years
    What I want to see in GenV?...

New type combos. Bug/Psychic, Fire/Water, Psychic/Dark, Fire/Dragon (don't know why we haven't seen that yet?), Dark/Bug. I realize the combos I've wish listed aren't the most powerful, they're just the ones I think would make interesting pokemon.

Starters that get secondary types. I love Blaziken, Swampert, Infernape, and Torterra. Empoleon is sweet because it evos into steel but it gets hosed in the rock-paper-scissors of starters against both Torterra and Infernape. Also, why two Fire/Fight in back to back games? Mix it up. Gimme something new!

6-8 Legends. None of which are Psychic (like that'll happen). Though I can't help but notice the trend in the increase of the number of Legends as generations go by.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yin-Yang based Pokemon anyone? ;3
    Psychic/Dark has my vote. :x

In my mind, the Ying Yang Pokemon idea is a brilliant one! I would actually love to see this Pokemon being implemented into the games and indeed a fifth generation anime. Although, I am stumped for design ideas. XD;

The Red Chain

In my mind, the Ying Yang Pokemon idea is a brilliant one! I would actually love to see this Pokemon being implemented into the games and indeed a fifth generation anime. Although, I am stumped for design ideas. XD;
    I can see it as a Pokemon with one angel wing and one devil wing.
    A body split down the middle, one side completely white and the other side black..
    One blue eye for the angel side and a red eye for the devil side.

That would be just nifty~
    Oh and you can't forget the Yin-Yang symbol.. possibly on it's back between the wings?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I can see it as a Pokemon with one angel wing and one devil wing.
    A body split down the middle, one side completely white and the other side black..
    One blue eye for the angel side and a red eye for the devil side.

That would be just nifty~
    Oh and you can't forget the Yin-Yang symbol.. possibly on it's back between the wings?
    I like the yin-yang idea but the devil wing and angle wing is going to far... nintendo of america and europe wont like the idea and will edit it to peices :\

Years

What of a pokemon with split evolution choices like Gloom. This Gen 5 Pokemon could be two/three stage with the final as a choice. Do I want a Type-X/Type-A or do I want a Type-X/Type-B.

Different Stones or evolution methods likely. Dusk or Dawn?

The Red Chain

I like the yin-yang idea but the devil wing and angle wing is going to far... nintendo of america and europe wont like the idea and will edit it to peices :\

True. It's touching a bit too much on religion.
    So then what would be good do you guys think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back