• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I actually really like the names Black and White. They're.. sleek, compared to the latest names. And, honestly, the relation to RBY almost makes it seem like it's going to involve some nostalgia and therefore make it epic.

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Pokemon Gray? Ugh, that sounds terrible!! And while it may be leaning towards a Light type, which if you're a regular here you probably know my stance on that matter (its against by the way), its in no way confirmed. And this seems to be the most divided naming yet, most are similar, this is an exact opposite. Its seems to be like a coin, both sides totally different but its still one thing. Im personally not happy with the naming, but I think the English name versions will probably be more extravagent than Black and White, probably either synonyms or things closely related to the colors, like my examples of Dusk and Dawn, which I want it to be :P.

There is already a Digimon game called Dusk and Dawn, so I don't think that would be a good idea...

I can see racial tension being a factor, its kind of a clear split. If Jynx pissed poeple off, this definitely could send some of the more volatile protesters into a frenzy.

Jynx had black skin and big red lips, so it's obvious that people would complain about it, even though it's based on gangaro fashion. Black and White is used a lot in the media so I highly doubt it.

If they really are black and white, then I'm starting to think a Light type might be possible. By the way, what would they name the 3rd game? Brown? Anyway I actually like that they're going back to regular colors, even though they might be tentative names.

Marble? :3

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • Thats like one of the most retarded name they can possible give to the 5th gen of pokemon, no offense.
    I'm not racist so ill get pokemon Black and White as well when it is released

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Haha, I can imagine the awkward conversations. You got white version? Yeah, you would, wouldn't you?

I love the names. Black and White does sort of give the feeling that they are returning to the past. They also give me the feeling the story line might be darker than the other games.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Hm. Yeah it'll be awkward but nevertheless I like it. I'll probably get black though simply because I like nighttime better than daytime. lolwut xD

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Yeah, I'm hoping for an epic story line. I'll be getting Black of course... what? You just know Zorua will be in Black version.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • BLACK and White eh? sounds um..... old and a little racist ^ lol at the you would wouldn't you thing. I really don't like the names though they were running out of gems to use weren't they

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    So why is everyone getting black? No one cares about whites? What about pokemon asian?

Bahahaha, I hope that was a joke.

Hmm, the idea of Black and White appeals to me, sounds like they might be going back to basics and by that, I mean back in time, perhaps? Maybe to the days of Aerodactyl and Kabuto?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just what I predicted. I truly see a darker story line coming (and the death of the light type idea) and also a lot of 2012 freaks wigging out. (Arceus movie theme and now this)...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so awesome!!!
    u know that most people are american here when people start talking about races.
    black and white.... so awesome. this could mean that pokemon is heading to a more darker story line which would be EPIC. aarrgghhhh!!! so excited XD

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I like the name black and white i love the simplicity of it i do also like the 2 pokemon already released and im excited to see what else gets revealed

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Hmm, going back to 'colours' - interesting.

I'll be getting Black since that is one of my favourite colours (Yes, I consider it a colour xP)

*Awaits the onslaught of racist Pokemon jokes*

Who's taking bets that Jynx will be involved somewhere *Suspicious looks*

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes! I also love the simplicity of it all so far... And it also seems to be a DS game from what I can tell... they don't reveal games for a system that has yet to be released. I am just really curious as to what the version mascots will be. That is what I want from Coro Coro.

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
  • Pokemon Black and White? I must say I approve. Very simplistic, very elegant, and very clean.
    Pokebeach also makes mention that they registered a Pokemon Grey trademark as well, so that could well be the third version right there. Only time will tell though on that aspect.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • Tajiri, you blow me away again.

Oh well, I always knew they would go back to the routes sooner or later.

At least now the legendaries are more obvious.

Third game be called Grey?
    hmmm... black and white legendaries. mayb a god and satan pokemon.
    hopefully there won't be a third game. coz grey sounds.... grey.
    awww.... im rly hoping this is on the next gen console. i don't like the idea of it being on the ds. well if they were going to make a 3rd one... would that be on the 3ds? coz the 3ds would already be out by that stage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back