• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    For a Water starter I can see an adorable Sea Monkey, even though Sea Monkeys are nothing like monkeys at all the Pokemon would be monkey like... and it could be quite swift, or it would evolve into a Sea Gorilla haha.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Three Dimensions?

Now I'm all for the three dimensions in the fifth generation games but if they go much father than that...
    for instance, It has always been that the battle sprites of both people and Pokemon were pixels, I for one want it to stay said way. If the series takes a dive into the third dimension, and makes the sprites 3-D, I will stay stuck in the previous generation of games happily. I know that the console games were in 3-D, and even that kinda got on my nerves. I don't know, 3-D pokemon just feels wrong somehow. Whats your thoughts?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • spoink+mankey?

25 character limit
    I'm pretty sure she meant a pig starter. (I'm not even gonna mention the character limit)
    For a Water starter I can see an adorable Sea Monkey, even though Sea Monkeys are nothing like monkeys at all the Pokemon would be monkey like... and it could be quite swift, or it would evolve into a Sea Gorilla haha.
    haha, yeah, that would be cool xD
    I'm not a big fan of monkeys (goshdarn Infernape D:), but I like that idea. Dolphin would be more awesome tho. And I can think of an evo for that...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I agree with whoever liked the dog starter. I too was born in 94, so I'd love it. I mean, you shouldn't nickname legendaries, except for make them grammatically correct, and, well, none of my games contain Growlithe, and Poochyena/Mightyena aren't useable enough in R/S due to the complicated typing and physical/special system.

I really think we need to see Ninetales receiving a better movepool. The poor thing is basically Arcanine's opposite (both fire, never obtainable in the same game, both evolve with Fire Stone), but sadly it hasn't got anything like the moves.

A Luvdisc evolution? And an ugly Feebas evo?(max. out it's toughness??).

I could actually see Milotic being a version mascot, seeing as it represents peace, according to these Bulbapedia quotations:

"Milotic is a peaceful Pokémon that typically tries to avoid battles. It appears to dislike conflict, and will even appear before arguing humans in an attempt to calm their minds. It is a historically significant Pokémon, and has been depicted in many works of art."

"Milotic have the ability to calm their enemies by removing their negative feelings,"

Also:

"Milotic are divinely rare. They live at the bottom of large lakes."

So, saying it is historically significant, could mean there is a special one (a special move, or an always-shiny one, like the Red Gyarados?), and the region could be north-east of Johto, where there's the huge Biwa Lake?

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this.
    Oh the dog starter was my idea! i'm glad you like it too. The Milotic idea sounds good , i wish there was a always shiny Milotic... it's the opposite of Gyrados. This is such a slow day for speculation ain't it. Wonder if the games mascots are going to be Mecha overLords again like in generation 4.

Stew_The_Jew

All-Around Beast
    Years
  • if there gunna do a dolphin starter, i think its evo is gunna be like a orca cuz even though people say its a whale its in the dolphin family, and its like a bulkier, stronger version of a dolphin

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Let's Post some Fakemon to get us talking, credits given to Artists.

That lion one you guys wanted: (I'm thinking Luxray was a bit of a Lion)
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    by GetaZ He did these as well:
    Spoiler:
    Those starters are like our dream! Wow! I want to see the water one SO bad :D

Nice:
    Spoiler:

Mawille Evo!:
    Spoiler:

Both by by Ashurasonic

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i have been thinking up idea of non to powerful legendaries and i got one, what if their is a normal non mascot legendary that reakes havoc on the electrical system of the region and all the big cities of this region stop working so then you have to go find it and it's on top of big mountain with lot's of rain and theirs a thunder storm and theirs a castle on the top that looks like a haunted mansion belonging to a mad scientist...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • All those fakies are good! :o I wish I could've sprited like that..

Yeah, gen five looks promising! I'm hoping they don't have Pikachu in it, that'd be awesome :D (I know it's not gonna happen, but..)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    so pokemon sunday is in ten minuets, right? are we supposed to be getting anything new?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

• I could actually see Milotic being a version mascot, seeing as it represents peace, according to these Bulbapedia quotations:

"Milotic is a peaceful Pokémon that typically tries to avoid battles. It appears to dislike conflict, and will even appear before arguing humans in an attempt to calm their minds. It is a historically significant Pokémon, and has been depicted in many works of art."

"Milotic have the ability to calm their enemies by removing their negative feelings,"

Also:

"Milotic are divinely rare. They live at the bottom of large lakes."

So, saying it is historically significant, could mean there is a special one (a special move, or an always-shiny one, like the Red Gyarados?), and the region could be north-east of Johto, where there's the huge Biwa Lake?

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

A while ago I posted an idea about how there was a beautiful Pokemon living at the bottom of a lake, which many legends revolved around but no one had ever seen. It was known as the Queen of the Milotic's and was a very peaceful pokemon. It was also said when this pokemon was in danger, Milotics from all over the world would flock to be with it/help it.

I think it, or a Milotic like pokemon could be based on the beautiful Mandarin Fish.
    Pic. ->https://earthguide.ucsd.edu/DFL_ed_prelim/kinds/images/mandarinfish_large.jpg
    Or maybe mix it with a Koi...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Well I wasnt expecting much news to come this weekend anyways.

Back to the drawing board, I hope we get a variety of trees in B/W. So far we only have 2 kinds of trees. Oak and Palm (just recently included).

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • In the preview for next week they did show the girl holding up a sign similiar to the Zoroark silhouette one with a big question mark over it. Not sure what they said though as my Japanese exchange student wasn't here to translate. :P

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years

Spoiler:

Nice:
    Spoiler:

Mawille Evo!:
    Spoiler:

Both by by Ashurasonic

Just putting this on a fresh page. And on news? :(

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • In the preview for next week they did show the girl holding up a sign similiar to the Zoroark silhouette one with a big question mark over it. Not sure what they said though as my Japanese exchange student wasn't here to translate. :P
    Ooo interesting, Im going to have to catch that one on youtube. I remember they did this a lot up to the release of HG/SS. Now its all happening again.

You know how important trainers in the games now have their own custom sprite animation (gym leaders, E4, rival, champ) Well what about how they release their pokemon into the battle field? For example, Bruno uses nunchucks to release his pokemon in the manga. Why not do that in the games? Okay another example: Crasher Wake uses water types. Lets say that he releases his pokemon from the water. (Floatzel comes bursting out from underwater into the battle) sounds cool if you ask me.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Ooo interesting, Im going to have to catch that one on youtube. I remember they did this a lot up to the release of HG/SS. Now its all happening again.

You know how important trainers in the games now have their own custom sprite animation (gym leaders, E4, rival, champ) Well what about how they release their pokemon into the battle field? For example, Bruno uses nunchucks to release his pokemon in the manga. Why not do that in the games? Okay another example: Crasher Wake uses water types. Lets say that he releases his pokemon from the water. (Floatzel comes bursting out from underwater into the battle) sounds cool if you ask me.

Yup!! And it was right after the announcer guy was all. "Pokemon Black and White" (with his japanese accent) and the showed the logos. So I'd say it's safe to assume that it will be a new pokemon/silhouette released next week!!

I actually really like that idea, mix it up a bit!!

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • You know how important trainers in the games now have their own custom sprite animation (gym leaders, E4, rival, champ) Well what about how they release their pokemon into the battle field? For example, Bruno uses nunchucks to release his pokemon in the manga. Why not do that in the games? Okay another example: Crasher Wake uses water types. Lets say that he releases his pokemon from the water. (Floatzel comes bursting out from underwater into the battle) sounds cool if you ask me.

That'd be cool, especially if they have a ground gym, because then it could come out of the ground. Or in a dark gym (crosses fingers), it could come out of the shadows? Lotsa different things could be done with that. I'm not sure how exactly that would work, though. But the geniuses at GF'll come up with something (:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years

Spoiler:

Nice:
    Spoiler:

Mawille Evo!:
    Spoiler:

Both by by Ashurasonic

Ok Gamefreak please hire this guy!!!! LOVE the fire starter!! And is that Mewthree in there??
    Ooo interesting, Im going to have to catch that one on youtube. I remember they did this a lot up to the release of HG/SS. Now its all happening again.

EPIC!!!

Ok, PS sucked again but theirs a real big chance they'll show somethin next time (PLEASE!!!!)!
    Also I made a Dolphin pkmn he starts out pure water then evos to a Water/Dark who is rivals with (and PWNS) Sharpedo I would LOVE to see him in a game <3

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years

• Also I made a Dolphin pkmn he starts out pure water then evos to a Water/Dark who is rivals with (and PWNS) Sharpedo I would LOVE to see him in a game <3
    can u give us a pic?
    That'd be cool, especially if they have a ground gym, because then it could come out of the ground. Or in a dark gym (crosses fingers), it could come out of the shadows? Lotsa different things could be done with that. I'm not sure how exactly that would work, though. But the geniuses at GF'll come up with something (:
    hahah yeh. it would work nicely with the new battle layout. the shadow thing could also be used for the ghost gym and the possible black pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back