• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
  • The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Miniature donkey, I can definitely see it now. Those ears ftw.

Yeah I can see it too, people's comment from above were making me think Donkey Kong so I was trying to see an ape. :P Now that I'm looking for an actual donkey I see it. :P

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    to whoever said whatever about donkey being Grass/Fighting just so you know idiot

that was a joke because I called it Donkey-Kong <.<

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Yeah, I was just skimming through and thinking about the Swan more. :P His claims seem to be legitimate but the Grass type definately has no fighting in it. The water one should be Water/Flying which leaves the grass (unlikely) and usually solo fire type to excercise a new type combo. What has Fire been with anyways? Steel, Fighting, Rock, Flying...Fire/Ground anyone?

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • Fire/Ghost Tiger ftw. But personally, I think I would like the Swan or Donkey, I like to stray away from the most popular.

Those two have my attention right now as well. I'm having a pretty good time imagining what the swan's evolutionary line will look like, if that is in fact what that silhouette really is.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Those two have my attention right now as well. I'm having a pretty good time imagining what the swan's evolutionary line will look like, if that is in fact what that silhouette really is.

I can definately picture the Swan too, but what exactly is it's tail made out of...feathers? Cause they're kind of weirly placed and it doesn't have any wings...(yet)

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Dude... there is no reason to bring that up now... Your just trying to start a flamewar now.

No i'm not I just saw it and couldn't find it after...

and I made this in paint to help people see the image...based on the CoroCoro dude...(I have the touch screen mouse so i couldn't draw very well but you get the idea...) THIS IS JUST FOR THOSE WHO DON'T SEE IT...NOT TO BE WHAT I BELIEVE THEY ARE JUST WHAT THE DUDE SAID OKAY ALRIGHT GOOD I made it look stupid for the lolz

Spoiler:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Fire/Dark seems possible...

Houndoom and Houndour make that one taken...

I think Grass/Steel or Fire/Steel would be great (I know Fire is taken but its legend and the Grass could be the new combo and just leave Fire/Steel so blah)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • My guess is that they are short, wide feathers like these...

https://maxxafe.com/Newsletter/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/feathers_contour.jpg

That could work, they just seem so like...leaves. :P

And Calder your paint image actually helps. xD Also I can see it being a steel backed donkey now that I think of it...

Actually as my friend pointed out, Shikamaru is one of the characters from Naruto and there's a youtube account under the same name that seems to be Naruto obsessed. Though doesn't disprove it but kind of makes it seem unprofessional. And it'd make more sense to place them in the pokedex order of grass, fire, water (not sure what they did previous generations). Either way, it's still a form of speculation and I can see the far right one being either an otter or a bi-pedal tiger.

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • I just want to say that this alledged claim from the Corocoro member seems to be falsified information. His information has no background to prove it, its completely unprofessional, and I looked up his username on Youtube, and found an account boasting a large collection of naruto videos, with the name being naruto related. Why would a representative from a magazine thats interested in the Pokemon franchise be using Naruto as a cover name? Even if its an unrelated coincidence, its not a professional name. Just saying, I wouldnt get excited.

But his starter ideas arent completely out of this world, but I dont believe that gamefreak would make two fowl-based starters in a row of the same type, it seems like its too much of a copy. As well as that, the "tigers" tail seems far too flat, but that could be a trick of the silhouette, and donkey isnt impossible but the tail seems off.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I just want to say that this alledged claim from the Corocoro member seems to be falsified information. His information has no background to prove it, its completely unprofessional, and I looked up his username on Youtube, and found an account boasting a large collection of naruto videos, with the name being naruto related. Why would a representative from a magazine thats interested in the Pokemon franchise be using Naruto as a cover name? Even if its an unrelated coincidence, its not a professional name. Just saying, I wouldnt get excited.

But his starter ideas arent completely out of this world, but I dont believe that gamefreak would make two fowl-based starters in a row of the same type, it seems like its too much of a copy. As well as that, the "tigers" tail seems far too flat, but that could be a trick of the silhouette, and donkey isnt impossible but the tail seems off.

(The friend I mentioned above. :P) Most likely but I want a bi-pedal Tiger so much now that I'm going to believe him. :P

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Just because his name is from Naruto doesn't mean it isnt true...

Shikamaru is an actual Japanese name being Deer Boy...

Could be his real name...or an alias so he doesn't get fired...

They also never have the sills in dex order...they also said they are changing alot in this gen so...yeah

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Just because his name is from Naruto doesn't mean it isnt true...

Shikamaru is an actual Japanese name being Deer Boy...

Could be his real name...or an alias so he doesn't get fired...

They also never have the sills in dex order...they also said they are changing alot in this gen so...yeah

He was sent by the company so it's unlikely he has any risk or being fired. And you're right it could be just a coincidence and such. It could be true and it could be false, it's easy to doubt things on the internet and hard to trust large claims like this. So you can't blaim him.

I didn't actually know about the dex order thing hence why I asked...but yeah I still believe, what he said can be completely verified in the coming days but either way his claims on what the starters could be are all very believable.

Also last month the leaks came out on the tenth so could that mean tomorrow's the day...!?

Last edited:

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • what he said can be completely verified in the coming days but either way his claims on what the starters could be are all very believable.

He, at the very least, gave us all something to think about. He brought up some theories I hadn't even considered.

Hopefully the new Pokemon will be revealed tomorrow, his post got me excited to see how accurate (or completely off) we've all been. :)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • He, at the very least, gave us all something to think about. He brought up some theories I hadn't even considered.

Hopefully the new Pokemon will be revealed tomorrow, his post got me excited to see how accurate (or completely off) we've all been. :)

Exactly!! Just what I've been trying to say!! Also from the blown up pictures in this post you can clearly say that the thing on the left is wearing a scarf. Without any doubt. And if he hadn't posted I never would have realised it. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back