• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Geodude Problem

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    So we all know that Geodude floats but what does that really mean?

What is the difference between floating and flying? What is it to say that something floats/levitates? Does floating/levitating have a vertical distance limitation? If not is floating/levitation the same as flying?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    I think floating has something to do with some kind of magnetic ability connected with the core of the earth

flying... well you need wings to fly or I guess psychic ability that allows u to fly

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    I guess you could call it floating... I mean, it's not as if Geodude flaps his rocky arms to fly. :3

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I would describe it as floating too. Just because it never really goes high enough to be flying. However, it is quite confusing because, if it is floating then why doesn't it have an ability like Levitate? I guess you could say that it's part ground typing reacts with the earth's - or in this case, Pokemon World's - magnetic core creating an pushing motion against it; which explains why it is only off the ground slightly and not fully. Also, the fact that it is quite small means that it can be pushed easier. It also explains why Graveler and Golem can't float as they're too heavy.

Back