• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:The good old days of Pokemon:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
    Oh man I ruled at Red! When I got it and Gold for Christmas three years ago, it was all I played! I must have played both about ten times each...seriously! I never got tired of it, either. In no time at all I learned all the secrets that work without Gameshark, like the Missingno. code and teh hidden items, like the Potion in the tree, and I had every single Pokemon as well, thanks to my brother's Blue version. *sigh* Ah, the good old days!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2006
    Only Memories......

I think the problem that happened to pokemon was, they treat every episode like it was nothin. Not like the good ol' days where Gym Battles were actually exciting like the Brock gym battle and Lt. Surge. My favorite episode was where they were on the S.S. Anne and James got scammed into buying a magikarp. Ahhhh good times. But now all the episodes are is let's love are pokemon not battle. Let's not catch anymore pokemon let's see if they want to come with using there own free will, "well do ya buddy?" and instead of letting Ash win a tournament, disgarding the Orange Island, let's make him lose all the time so we can come up with a bunch of other crap pokemon. I'm Sorry the original 150, 151 if you count Mew, were the best pokemon ever.

The new episodes have takin everything I loved away from the old school pokemon, catching, training, and winning with pokemon. Will Misty ever get her bike back? Will someone ever have the same feelings for Brock that he has for them? Will Ash ever beat Gary and become a pokemon master? Will Ash ever evolve Pikachu? *I doubt it* But those are the things i watched the tv show for with anticipation hoping my questions will be answered.

But alas, I fear a good thing can't go on forever...and now all i have are my memories of the good times I had when I was younger playing the gameboy game trading cards etc..I was a diehard pokemon fan just like all other kids around the nation were and as much as it pains me to say this cuz it was such an impact in my childhood I think they need to let pokemon go down in glory and just stop continuing the series in America.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back