• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Good Old Days

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    I remember when I had to do that with my Nintendo. I still do it, when I play my Genesis XD

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I still have to do it for my GBA, DS, GBC, GB, N64, and any other game system i have that doesn't use a disk insted of a cardtrigde.

Years
    LOL!!!

Man, I lost count on how many times I did that to my NES games just to get those idiots to work.

That is, until I learned how to crack open the NES and clean it without having to deal with all the stuff inside it. Life was easier.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    And the odd thing is that they usually did end up working after I did that; just recently I bought some NES games that I thought were malfunctional but after a bit of blowing they worked o_O

And why does no one use canned air? XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was the master of cartridge blowing. (that sounds dirty). You do a double take and half, does it every time. I miss the NES flashing blue screen. T_T;

Ah, the good old days.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I've actually found that different NESs flash different colors when the games malfunction. My NES flashes orange, whereas I've seen some flash blue, yellow, and sometimes flash blue AND orange. I might have even seen pink or red somewhere, I can't remember x_x;

Years
    Hah!

Ah, the amount of times I've had to do that...though I wouldn't do just that. If the game didn't work after I blew into it a few times, I would then attack it with a damp q-tip...which, even if that's not the best thing to do, usually got even the most stubborn games to work.

Though I still have to do that even now...this time with my SNES games and my older gameboy games. The amount of dirty stuff that's collected on them...oh man.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Cowrie said:
    Hah!

Ah, the amount of times I've had to do that...though I wouldn't do just that. If the game didn't work after I blew into it a few times, I would then attack it with a damp q-tip...which, even if that's not the best thing to do, usually got even the most stubborn games to work.

Though I still have to do that even now...this time with my SNES games and my older gameboy games. The amount of dirty stuff that's collected on them...oh man.
    Those black sleeves for the NES games didn't do a thing. The little cases/docks for the SuperNES ones were pretty good though.

Back