• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Good Wife's Guide" - my, how things have changed

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    But when you think about a guy who just came home from a hard day of menial labor from 9 to 5, I am pretty sure he would appreciate the hell out of everything his wife does for him to make him feel comfortable and at ease.
    In the case of the 1950's, workdays were often 10-12 hours long (and you worked six days a week), but yeah. I agree with Operator on this one.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
    In the case of the 1950's, workdays were often 10-12 hours long (and you worked six days a week), but yeah. I agree with Operator on this one.

Sorry bout that. Don't know much bout the US history. Seeing as am not American. But oh well, its the thought that counts!

And thanks, TxtEclipse!

Btw, I really am looking forwards to criticisms of what I said or something like that. <<;!!

I just like to debate. x.x; Anyone? >>;

The Operator.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Sorry bout that. Don't know much bout the US history. Seeing as am not American. But oh well, its the thought that counts!
    Well now it's starting to look like you might have been more accurate after all. I'm getting a lot of different responses from different sites, but the majority of them say that work hours declined to about 40 hours per week around the 1950's. *shrug*

Anyway, you're welcome.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    It's kind of ridiculous, in my opinion. Stuff like "Take his shoes off for him." My, how times have changed.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    W-whhaaatt? o___O

Seriously, that sounds like The Donna Reed Show. Women don't have any more respect than from the 50's? I'm sorry, but that's sad. If my wife did that, I'd tell her to take a chill and enjoy being a wife, instead of feeling like a slave. o_o

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Children were safe and everyone would talk. It was at least happier and less isolated.

Racially segregated schools and restaurants, hiding under desks in case the Russians decided to attack, widespread unfounded fear that communists were infiltrating and taking over the American government, general misunderstanding between the capitalist and communist powers, patriarchal households, not to mention how much people just weren't themselves - I mean, Liberace pretended to be straight in the 1950's. I don't think I would have survived long in that despicable time at all, if just because of the conformity alone.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I'd hate it if someone tried to take my my shoes off, I'd probably hit them.
    My feet are so ticklish.
    Some of that stuff is really odd.

Back