• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grammy Nominations are in!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Green Day is only nominated for one, but I think that it is impressive to be nominated two years in a row for the same album. And U2 got a bunch of nominations which is aweosme. Also I saw Gorillaz got a bunch as well.

Years
    Saying what? I just said that they just got their single nominated and not the album in entirety. That or I misread something and I apologize for it.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    wow those categories are tough, i <3 miriah careys songs and that number song is so good

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Awesome, Kelly Clarkson is up for two Grammys.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Who I think should win...

Album Of The Year
    Kanye West, Late Registration

Best New Artist
    Fall Out Boy (even though they're not even new)

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
    Maroon 5, This Love

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals
    Foo Fighters Featuring Norah Jones, Virginia Moon (Foo Fighters automaticly wins. But i like this song mucho. It's like elevator music o.o)

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
    Tie between: Foo Fighters, Best Of You (Of course) and Franz Ferdinand, Do You Want To

Best Hard Rock Performance
    3-way between: Audioslave, Doesnt Remind Me; Queens Of The Stone Age, Little Sister; and System Of A Down, B.Y.O.B.

Best Rock Song
    Tie between: Foo Fighters, Best Of You and Weezer, Beverly Hills (couldnt at least have DOA? sheesh. That's like my least favorite song on the new CD XD)

Best Rock Album
    Foo Fighters, In Your Honor

Best Urban/Alternative Performance
    Mos Def, Ghetto Rock (Mos Def all day XD)

Best Rap Solo Performance
    Common, Testify

Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group
    The Game featuring 50 Cent, Hate It Or Love It

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
    Jay Z featuring Linkin Park, Numb/Encore (Shouldve had Dirt Off Your Shoulders/Lying From You. Its MUCH better

Best Rap Song
    The Game featuring 50 Cent, Hate It Or Love It

Best Rap Album
    Kanye West, Late Registration

Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media
    Napoleon Dynamite

Best Long Form Music Video
    R.Kelly, Trapped In The Closet (Chapters 1-5)

Fo sho

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Selected Pointless Grammy Commentary by Jack O'Neill

- Record of the Year: No matter what happens, Mariah Carey MUST NOT WIN. My odds are on Kanye West pulling through, but Gwen Stefani, Gorillaz, and Green Day provide some stiff competition.
    - Album of the Year: Same with Record of the Year. Mariah Carey must be defeated. Once again, my odds are on Kanye.
    - Song of the Year: Egad. None of these songs are deserving.
    - Best New Artist: Fall Out Boy must win or else.
    - Best Female Pop Performance: Two words?"Hollaback Girl."
    - Best Male Pop Performance: Rob Thomas? I don't know.
    - Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal : Either "Mr. Brightside" or "This Love."
    - Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Gorillaz featuring De La Soul.
    - Best Pop Vocal Album: *coughloveangelmusicbabycough*
    - Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance: Once again, which is the least of five evils? Personally, I wouldn't know.
    - Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal: Foo Fighters or Franz Ferdinand. Either of those two will do just fine.
    - Best Hard Rock Performance: Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, or Audioslave. Tough choice.
    - Best Rock Song: Either "Best of You" or "Beverly Hills" must prevail over the others.
    - Best Rock Album: Three words?"In Your Honor."
    - Best Alternative Music Album: You could literally have it so much better if Franz Ferdinand wins.
    - Best Rap Solo Performance: Kanye West, definitely.
    - Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group: Hate it or love it, The Game and 50 Cent are winning this one.
    - Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: Jay-Z and Linkin Park. The rest are unworthy.
    - Best Rap Song: Either Kanye West or The Game.
    - Best Rap Album: "Late Registration" should massacre the competition.
    - Best Short Form Music Video: I most definitely won't be feeling too good if "Feel Good, Inc." loses.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...yes! Wonka's Welcome Song was nominated in Best Song Written For Motion Picture, etc. ^___^ Something from CatCF made it on--go Elfman! I'm happy. XD; *wanders off*

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Lightning said:
    ...yes! Wonka's Welcome Song was nominated in Best Song Written For Motion Picture, etc. ^___^ Something from CatCF made it on--go Elfman! I'm happy. XD; *wanders off*
    Only one where he wrote the lyrics though. The Corpse Bride tunes aren't as fun, but I think for what an academy would be looking for - that Wonka's Welcome Song isn't it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    Only one where he wrote the lyrics though. The Corpse Bride tunes aren't as fun, but I think for what an academy would be looking for - that Wonka's Welcome Song isn't it.
    XDD The best song to annoy people with from the movie still made it on the nominees list and that's good enough for me~

Years
    Here is who I think should win:

Record of the Year: Hollaback Girl ~ Gwen Stefani
    Album Of The Year: Love. Angel. Music. Baby. ~ Gwen Stefani
    Song Of The Year: I have no comment on this one....
    Best New Artist: Er, to tell you the truth I have only heard of Ciara... and I didn't like her music
    Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Since U Been Gone ~ Kelly Clarkson
    Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: Lonely No More ~ Rob Thomas
    Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal: This Love ~ Maroon 5
    Best Pop Vocal Album: Breakaway ~ Kelly Clarkson

That's all I will do. I haven't heard of some of the artists though or I don't like any of the artists who were up for an award.

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    This is what I think..

- Record of the Year: Hollaback Girl~ Gwen Stefani
    - Album of the Year: Love.Angel.Music.Baby.~ Gwen Stefani
    - Song of the Year: We Belong Together(Well, that's the best out of those..)
    - Best New Artist: Fall Out Boy
    - Best Female Pop Performance: Hollaback Girl~ Gwen Stefani
    - Best Male Pop Performance: Lonely No More~ Rob Thomas
    - Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal : Mr Brightside~ The Killers
    - Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Feel Good Inc.~ Gorillaz feat. Da La Soul
    - Best Pop Vocal Album: Love.Angel.Music.Baby~ Gwen Stefani
    - Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance: This Is How A Heart Breaks~
    Rob Thomas
    - Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Unbreakable~ Alicia Keys
    - Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals: Cater 2 U~ Destiny's Child
    - Best Rap Song: Cater 2 U~ Destiny's Child
    - Best Rap Album: Unplugged~ Alicia Keys
    - Best Rap Solo Performance: Mockingbird~ Eminem
    - Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group: Hate It or Lose It~ The Game Featuring 50 Cent
    - Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: Numb/Encore~ Jay-Z Featuring Linkin Park
    - Best Rap Album: Encore~ Eminem

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Aw geez, why the heck are Green Day nominated again!? XD Everyone is gonna call them even more sellouts! Though since they are, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let them lose to Mariah >_>

Years
    Oh the Grammy Academy is a sure a weird bunch. You can't really predict them unless it's really obvious like their sympathy votes for Ray Charles last year. Otherwise, I do have a certain band in mind that I think is going to get some grammies and I do see that not a lot of people do favor them here... (remember the sweep they had last year?) ;D

Back