• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
    Ok I'm gonna ignore the fact that you didn't judges mine, and judges yours, next person can you also judges the one I posted above?

The background and boarders look fine, the poke it self would look better if it weren't for the red special effect you used, over all it's okay but the colors need to match more.

Ok and here is mine.

EDIT:
    Lol I got such negative feedback on this one on other forums that I made a new one......

Rate this one, please. :)

AHAHAHHAHA I SEE A WEEK 18 CONTEST ENTRY! xD

Hi Angela.

D i v i n e X: Wow, certainly different than most I see. Extremely colorful, which I like. You were able to mix the colors with the trainer without making the trainer difficult to see. Nice job, 8/10

I have... -counts on fingers- three banners in need of rating. xD

I made this a few days ago:

Made this last night for a contest with the theme 'Anime':

Made this last night as well for Nitewing's RP (The DC Forums):

D i v i n e X

Pichu, don't touch that knife!
    Years
    AHAHAHHAHA I SEE A WEEK 18 CONTEST ENTRY! xD

Hi Angela.

D i v i n e X: Wow, certainly different than most I see. Extremely colorful, which I like. You were able to mix the colors with the trainer without making the trainer difficult to see. Nice job, 8/10

I have... -counts on fingers- three banners in need of rating. xD

I made this a few days ago:

Made this last night for a contest with the theme 'Anime':

Made this last night as well for Nitewing's RP (The DC Forums):

Number 1: The ninetales banner is okay. The style is quite bland and simple, but, I like the effect in the corner and the text that's over the top. So overall 6.5/10.

Number 2: I love the text, the shadow makes it look good too. the back ground looks like a gradient with a smudge effect, so a 7.5/10.

Number 3:This last one, is pure ownage. I love the render used, and again that thingo in the corner. The brushes/colors you used are cool, they make the render flow. 8.2/10.

Overall, I love your work, great job Twilight. I need some banners rated, etc.

First one, is this, my Sephiroth banner.
    Which colour/effect etc works better in it.

Then these ones, a tutorial I worked on was helping me for it, first ones weren't so good, but now, I can do them on my own.

Thanks for rating.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years

It looks alright, but it lacks depth (among other things). I'd say take a couple tutorials and see what you learn. ;)

So here's mine:

This is mainly focused on clipping masks I suppose. I made an attempt at some smudging and pen tooling in it as well. I might have over sharpened it a bit, and I suppose it could be a bit darker, but I dunno, I like it. xD

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years

It looks alright, but it lacks depth (among other things). I'd say take a couple tutorials and see what you learn. ;)

So here's mine:

This is mainly focused on clipping masks I suppose. I made an attempt at some smudging and pen tooling in it as well. I might have over sharpened it a bit, and I suppose it could be a bit darker, but I dunno, I like it. xD

Ooka I really like it, nice job with the smudging, I really like the text, it's not plain it fits in, the colors are okay, they all match and my opinion is that it should not be darker. I really like your borders.

Well here's mine, it's my entry in the BOTW on PE2K, the only thing I don't like about it is the text, I just don't have any cool fonts. ;;

I tried to use the brushes to make an flow, but seeing Paula there is actually facing two ways it was kinda hard, so I tried my best to keep the flow she creates...

Okay, now I see it has been slightly changed. Whatever I'll rate the later one.

First thing I realize when I see your tag is the color, and text. The color, is just blegh. Could it be a black-red-white gradient map, amirite?xD
    As for the text, not only is the font not fitting, its placed horribly. Try bringing it closer to the focal, not tucked into the corner of the tag like you have it. Also change the border if you really feel you want one. The double border with the red, and black is kind of distracting and almost gag inducing (not seriously XD). The busyness of the tag is a negative in my opinion. Way too many effects, brushes, and fractals were used in conjunction in the tag, making it look a tad tacky. Last but not least are the clippingmasks (in the tag posted in the other thread). They seem pointless, and detract from the focal.

For you I suggest reading tutorials for now, only as a substitute for slapping on excessive amounts of effects. As of now I won't pick on your composition, lighting, and depth, at least not until you start thinking about it yourself.

--------------

rate please

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
    Number 1: The ninetales banner is okay. The style is quite bland and simple, but, I like the effect in the corner and the text that's over the top. So overall 6.5/10.

Number 2: I love the text, the shadow makes it look good too. the back ground looks like a gradient with a smudge effect, so a 7.5/10.

Number 3:This last one, is pure ownage. I love the render used, and again that thingo in the corner. The brushes/colors you used are cool, they make the render flow. 8.2/10.

Overall, I love your work, great job Twilight. I need some banners rated, etc.

Thank you, and actually I believe I fooled you.

With Number Two the background is the render pasted to cover the rest and Motion Blurred.

And guess what? All of those were made with the same PS tut converted to GIMP. ;D

Comic Tragedy:
    The woman reminds me of Alice from the Resident Evil movies.

The effects are very nice and despite what others may think it seems to flow. 8/10

Can someone please rate on of the banners I previously posted? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Thank you, and actually I believe I fooled you.

With Number Two the background is the render pasted to cover the rest and Motion Blurred.

And guess what? All of those were made with the same PS tut converted to GIMP. ;D

Comic Tragedy:
    The woman reminds me of Alice from the Resident Evil movies.

The effects are very nice and despite what others may think it seems to flow. 8/10

Can someone please rate on of the banners I previously posted? Thanks in advance.

I'll rate this one.

To be honest, I like this one. The colors match and the text is very well done. 8/10

So, I've been fooling around in Photoshop even more and came up with this:

D i v i n e X

Years
    I will be rating this then...
    i like it..the charcter and the backgrounds is a good combination...
    8.5/10

This is my first animated banner i make..
    rate it..it is a bit too bland..

Its too basic and bland, theres nothing too it, except for a slow animation. So its not exactly good.

6/10

Can someone rate this,

It was just for fun, not really serious.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    @D i v i n e X

I like the background...but it doesn't really go well, the render is not too good either
    5.5/10 maybe?

newest to oldest

BTW, how do you make that thin, like outline pulse thing on sigs i see? kind of did that on my silver one...almost >.>

I know the white splotch is blinding...i can't get it out :<
    ...wow i made alot of pkmn related sigs lately xDD

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    What sofware do you guys and gals use to make all those Gifs and Sigs ?

I just use Photoshop but would like to get an insight of what you people use :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    @D i v i n e X

I like the background...but it doesn't really go well, the render is not too good either
    5.5/10 maybe?

newest to oldest

BTW, how do you make that thin, like outline pulse thing on sigs i see? kind of did that on my silver one...almost >.>

I know the white splotch is blinding...i can't get it out :<
    ...wow i made alot of pkmn related sigs lately xDD

I suppose I'll rate the newest one.

It's very...colorful.
    To be honest, I kind of like it. The text is pretty good as well.
    7.5/10

I believe this is my best work to date.

Years
    You know what I haven't done in a while?

@ Doctor Love:

Spoiler:

@ Statistics:

Spoiler:

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
    Seeing as how the person above me did not post a graphic to be rated, I'll go ahead and rate the one posted by the person above them.

Statistics said:
    Overall, I quite like this. It shows a darker, more mature side of the Naruto we're used to seeing, and the color choice for the background ties it all together quite nicely. I do have a couple of problems with it, however, the most pressing of which is the fact that the background almost overshadows Naruto on the left side; you should have done something to make him stand out more.

I'm also not quite fond of the font you chose, nor the fact that the letters are cut off slightly at the bottom. The color's aren't too bad, however, and the word choice definitely fits in quite well with the overarching theme.

In any case, I applaud your success in evoking an emotional response.

Overall, I give this banner a 7.5 out of 10.
    Perhaps I overthought it a bit?

Here are a couple by me; perhaps a bit more simplistic than the norm (and yes, I did make that Pokeball):

D i v i n e X

Years

This is a new one, I don't like the bit in the left corner, the light bits, but overall it looks good to me.

Can someone also rate this one:

Now for the rating:

There to basic in my eyes, If i saw them I wouldn't look at them, cause they don't catch your eye. The pokeball you made is cool, and the animated one is alright, but too plain.

so its a 6.8 out of 10 from me.

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
    D I V I N E X i love your goku banner it's very good. Good job.hmm... there is nothing wrong to say about it i would rate it 7/10
    and someone please rate mine it's in my sig !

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Id give it a 8.4/10.0
    The reason why I gave it that score was because it looks really weird in the far lower right hand corner
    I dont really know how to describe the reason why I dont like it, it just looks awkward to me

Its a tom avatar please rate~

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    @HFI

i love the simplicity, and OMG ITS TOM 8D, i can't see anything wrong, 8.5/10

i used tutorials i ran iinto for both
    dark outline is dark >.>

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    DL:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT:post #1999 yess :3

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    @HFI

i love the simplicity, and OMG ITS TOM 8D, i can't see anything wrong, 8.5/10

i used tutorials i ran iinto for both
    dark outline is dark >.>

Both of them need some king of Depth you cant just rely on c4d's to make the banner better every great graphics has at least some kind of depth

Rate my avy please~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back