• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Journey- Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To serginho: Good post, just that Prof. Birch didn't just calmly hand Sergio a ball. He had to pick one of the balls up across from the professor and use it to save him. It's okay, just pay more to detail.

To Zimvee: I love how you refer Torchic to a chicken. I always see a bucket of fried chicken in my head every single time I see a Torchic ^^

Thank you both for you trainer cards.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2008
    Hah ha ha. The post breaks are everywhere! I already got notification from the other three people to move on. (And one decided not to sign-up)

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter One: Pt. 2: Littleroot town
    (1 post)
    Description: The professor looked at the seven trainers, relieved that they had come at just the right time. Going over to them, he thanked them over and over again, shaking each one of their hands, and apologizing at what a horrible professor he looked to be. After a few seconds, he looked at the trainers and told them to follow him back to his lab.

Each of the seven trainers followed the professor with the pokeball they used in their hand. None of them knew what might happen next. After a few minutes, they arrived in Littleroot and walked inside the lab of the professor's.

All trainers lined up in a horizontal line and waited for the professor. He paced back and forth as if he was thinking for a few minutes before he looked up at them again.

"I was very impressed by your performance out there today," he declared. "And because of it, I would like for you to take the pokemon you caught as your starter."

The professor actually had other pokemon set aside for them, but he knew this was for the best. He knew that these trainers probably felt a connection when they threw a pokeball at their very first pokemon.

Some of the trainers looked extremely excited by the news. Others looked surprised. One trainer looked totally indifferent. The professor guessed he had a rough personality.

Fiddling around on his desk, the professor pulled out seven things that looked like red, mechanical boxes.

"These are pokedexes," he explained while passing one out to each trainer. "They will help you record information on pokemon you see or catch. Try to fill your pokedex up as much as possible."

The professor then handed each new trainer five miniture pokeballs.

"Use these to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner," he said. "But remember that you'll have to weaken the pokemon first before you can catch it."

Many of the trainers nodded as if they understood. The professor set them off after a few moments and they traveled off to begin their pokemon adventure.

What you do: Explain your trip back to the lab, when you got your things in the lab, and then end your post at the entrance of Route 101. Then it'll be time to start your adventure!

Dai-tan

Master Flying-type Trainer
    Years
    CH.2: The Real Begginning
    Azure waited for a few moments before recoiling her hand, "Oh…Sorry! That was rude of me...I guess…Sorry!" She smiled awkwardly and turned to look at the now standing professor. "Follow me please."

(Commence walking music)

Zuri followed the professor along with the other trainers, holding the Pokeball with the Skitty contained lightly in both hands. "So cool! I hope I can catch a Skitty someday, it's so cute." She whispered to herself. Zuri paid so little attention to anything else, that when they arrived at the Pokemon lab she narrowly avoided walking into a wall. She laughed her mistake off and stood in a horizontal line with the other trainers.

Birch paced back and forth before finally looking up at the trainers. "I was very impressed by your performance out there today," he declared. "And because of it, I would like for you to take the pokemon you caught as your starter." Zuri gasped, "Really?!" she blurted out; she looked back down at the Pokeball and smiled, "I want to name my Skitty, Aha! I'll name him….her….it…Wait! What is it!?" Professor Birch shook his head and simply replied "She's a female." Zuri nodded and then mumbled "…Anjou…" She looked back at the professor to find him rummaging through a pile of stuff, grabbing seven red boxes.

"These are Pokedexes," he explained while passing one out to each trainer. "They will help you record information on Pokemon you see or catch. Try to fill your Pokedex up as much as possible." Zuri nodded thoughtfully and grabbed her Pokedex. The professor then handed each new trainer five miniature Pokeballs.

"Use these to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner," he said. "But remember that you'll have to weaken the pokemon first before you can catch it." Zuri nodded again and waited several moments before speaking up. "Well then, I'll be going if that's all you have to say. G'day Professor, Bye all, I'm headed out."

Heading out of the lab, Zuri made her way to the entrance of route 101, there her adventure would truly begin.

To be continued….

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Chapter 2: A chicken for a partner?!
    "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Prof. Birch said a little too thankful.

"Its fine! Are you ok?" Bobby asked feeling overwhelmed at the Prof's eagerness. The Prof nodded and began thanking all the other trainers. Meanwhile Bobby looked down at the Pokeball that held the orange chicken. "Mmm Kentucky Fried Chicken..." Bobby said to himself at the thought of chicken. "Oh!" Bobby exclaimed when he noticed everyone heading back towards Birch's lab. "No one bothers to tell me anything..."

Back at the lab Birch was saying, "I want to thank you all again for coming to my rescue! Those Pokemon are actually my partners but for some reason they attacked me this morning..."

"Guess that's the reason the guys a Professor. He can't control a Pokemon!" Bobby thought with a chuckle.

"Anyway I had Pokemon laid aside for you but I have decided to let you all keep the Pokemon you chose!" Birch said excitedly.

"What?!" Bobby cried. He didin't want a friggin chicken as a Pokemon! He wanted more of a Bagon or a Treecko! However when the cute girl with the dress gave him a dirty look he quit whinning about it.

"Here take these. These will help you on your Pokedex quest!" Birch said as he handed everyone 5 Pokeballs and a Pokedex each. "Now young trainers good luck on your quest!"

With a sigh Bobby walked back towards Route 101 wondering how he managed a chicken as a partner.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Dai-tan: Great post! Hopefully I can get the first actually good chapter out soon.

To Zimvee: I love that little bit of disconnection and uncomfort with your new "chicken" partner lol.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    k sorry for not being here, i was on vacation.

chp.1 Get off me!

"OOF!" "Get off me lardo!"

Screamed Adam at his brother who was lying on top of him like a snorlax.

"Get up! You have to go get your first pokemon from professor Birch!" Said Adam's brother Sam as he got off of his younger brother.

"Okay! Oh and by the way I'll bill you for the heart surgery I now require!" Said Adam as he got dressed to go.

"Hello why are you here?" Said the lab assistant.

"Hi I'm here to get my first pokemon from Professor Birch" Said Adam.

"Oh... I'm sorry the professor is outside doing research." Said the lab assistant.

"Then why would he send me a letter to come here today?! Does he like postage stamps?!"
    Said Adam sarcastically.

Adam set off for route 101 to find the professor when he saw him lying on the ground asking him and the other trainers to take a pokeball and capture one of the pokemon that were out of there pokeballs.

"Okay fine but, why are you sleeping on the job?" Said Adam.

"JUST CAPTURE ONE!" Screamed professor Birch.

Adam grabbed a pokemon and chucked it at a bagon that was about to headbutt the professor.

Chapter 2: Yes i caught a dragon!

Professor Birch tried to shake Adam's hand although he pulled it away.

"Okay everyone follow me back to the lab with your pokeballs" Said professor birch as he leaded the way to the lab.

"What's gonna happen next? Is he gonna take another nap?" Mumbled Adam as him and the other 7 trainers walked back to litteroot.

Adam and the other seven trainers arrived at the lab and went inside. The professor started to pace back and forth.

"What is he doing now? Is he trying to burn off some of that body weight?" Adam said to himself.

"You all did very well out there! I had some pokemon set aside for you but since you already caught pokemon you can keep them!" Said prof. Birch.

"Why is everyone so excited? Did he offer to give them their well needed brain surgery's?" Adam said to himself with a blank expression on his face.

" I have one more thing for you all! These are pokedex's they will tell you useful information about pokemon you see in the wild, and these are pokeballs they will help you capture pokemon in the wild! Now everyone set off for your journey's!"

Adam left the lab and to his surprise the pokeball of his bagon bursed open!
    "What's a matter little guy? Don't you like being in your pokeball?" Said Adam

Bagon shook his head.

"Okay then you don't need to stay inside it!"

Adam walked to his home to get his backpack. Adam opened the door to see his dad hand him his backpack.

"Thanks dad, well.... good bye!." Said Adam.

" You to do your mother proud!" Said Adam's dad.

Adam left for route 101 with his bagon by his side......

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To behbod55: Okay good post, just a little bit of reference: Make a new paragraph when a new person is speaking.
    i. e:
    "Hi, what's you name!" exclaimed Jimmy.

"It's John," replied the other boy.

This makes the post more enjoyable to read.

killer-g

S to the o
    Years
    Let's get started.

Prof. Birch and the others walked to the lab they walked and walked and finaly they were there.

"So,Youngsters are you all excited well you shouldn't be look at my right you see a lot of pokeball's well these are going to stay here untill tommorow for the other set of trainers you guys did great and the pokemon you caught is your starter",Prof. Birch explained and there was a boy who started freeking out stating he did not wan't a chicken as a starter and prof. Birch qiuckly gave him some items so he could leave.

"Mister....emm professor can I have my items now ",Sergio asked the professor and then the professor walked to the desk and grabbed a red box and some balls.
    "If you insist youngmen but I wanted to tell something but if you are in a hurry here is your pokedex it stores all data of pokemon you just meet and it records how many pokemon you have caught",The professor said and handed over the red box which Sergio put in his bag and then professor Birch gave him some miniature pokeballs "These are to catch pokemons",he said.

"Okay professor thank you and goodbye",Sergio said while walking out of the lab. "Goodbye and good luck young boy I hope to hear about you",The proffesor said.

Sergio walked to the place where he met professor Birch and he took a deep breath "The smell of a journey I love it, or were does the beans I ate last night.

Stay tuned.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To serginho: Good post, just work on adding commas in it so all the sentences don't seem like "and then" "and then" "and then". Just for example, put commas in between independant clauses.

i. e- I went to the store, and then I went home
    instead of- I went to the store and then I went home.

Adding commas in just makes the sentence more easy, and less stressful, to read. Don't worry about it too much, just slowly try to improve it a little at a time.

Chapter Two: Route 101 (Again...)
    (1 Post)
    Description: You just went on the route, so it it very familiar to you character. Surrounded by woods, it is a very queit and pleasant place to start your adventure. But be warned that wild pokemon that live on the route can sometimes be dangerous, especially for people who do not own pokemon. You may even run into trainers, beginners just like you, who will be itching to battle you. Note that if you are challenged, you must battle. It's just the law of a pokemon trainer...

Wild Pokemon
    Zigzagoon

Level- 2-5
    Type- Normal
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip (If level 5)
    Ability- Pickup/Gluttony
    Rarity- Common

Poochyena

Level- 2-5
    Type- Dark
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Howl (If level 5)
    Ability- Run Away/Quick Feet
    Rarity- Common

Wurmple

Level- 2-5
    Type- Bug
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting (If level 5)
    Ability- Shield Dust
    Rarity- Common

Rules for a Route, Cave, etc.
    .You may battle trainers, just use the attacks you pokemon learn (refer to the ooc thread). The better, and more creative, your post is, the more experience your pokemon receives
    .You may find items/tms, but you post must be VERY creative, but stay realistic with your findings
    . On your travels, you will be able to capture wild pokemon listed on the information for the route. The more rare the pokemon is, the more creative and decent your post must be (Of course, it does not matter on this route because all the pokemon are common). While trying to capture a pokemon, after you mention throwing a pokeball at the pokemon, END YOUR POST THERE. I will decide whether you caught the pokemon and how strong it will be. This, once again, depends on the quaility of your post.

So get out there and begin your Pokemon Adventure! This is only the beginning for everyone!

Dai-tan

Master Flying-type Trainer
    Years
    CH. 3: A Bug?

Zuri looked up to the bright blue sky and stretched her arms upward, "Today's gonna be great, aha!" The girl pulled her Pokeball off of the Pokeball holder located inside her jacket and swiftly let the pink cat out, "Come on out Anjou!" Skitty jumped out and looked up at Zuri, the girl bent down to look closer at the cat Pokemon. "Hi Skitty! I'm Zuri, and I'm your new trainer!" The Skitty tipped her head sideways and blinked several times before letting a small unreassuring cry. "...Well, I'm naming you Anjou, is that okay?" Skitty tipped her head to the other side in confusion, "Oh boy, I Can tell this is gonna be fun, aha..." Zuri scooped the cat in her arms and placed the empty Pokeball back in place.

Walking happily through the grass humming to lighten the mood more so, Zuri heard a faint rustle. "A-anjou....did you hear that?" the Skitty uttered a soft cry of confusion before looking up at the head of messy blonde and aqua hair. "Oh, it's nothing..." she continued and made it almost halfway to Oldale town safe from wild Pokemon, although still hearing rustling around her. Finally a Pokemon appeared, "Aha! It's a......it's just a worm..." Zuri sighed and kept walking, before getting hit on her legs with a string shot. Zuri fell and turned over to look at the worm Pokemon, "Oh...sorry, are you a Pokemon?" she pulled her Pokedex out and pointed it at the Pokemon.

'Wurmple, the Worm Pokemon.
    It spits a white silk that turns sticky when it contacts air. It is used to immobilize foes.'

"A Wurmple...I'm not sure....but it did stop me...maybe I should catch it." Skitty cried in confusion and jumped out of Zuri's arms. Zuri stood and pointed at the wild Pokemon, "Wurmple, get ready! You're gonna be mine! Anjou use tackle!" Skitty nodded and used full speed to hit the Wurmple. Wurmple went flailing backwards but used it's silky thread to cushion the impact.

"Wow! It's super smart! Anjou use tackle again!" the cat Pokemon nodded and went for another round, but the Wurmple was ahead of her, it used String shot to slow Skitty before it used a quick tackle. Skitty was sent flying backwards and lay on the ground for a moment before standing again. "Anjou are you okay?" Skitty nodded and ran to the Wurmple, "Anjou use tail whip!" Skitty turned around and slapped the foe with her large tail.

"Now Anjou, use Tackle one last time!" Skitty ran at her full speed, getting hit with an opposing tackle, sending both Pokemon backwards. "Okay Anjou, use Tackle!" Skitty recovered her sense and tackled the still down Pokemon. "Come back Anjou, and go....Pokeball! Wurmple you're mine, aha!" She removed a Pokeball and sent it out at the worm Pokemon. It was sucked inside and the ball started to quiver.

Last edited:

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Start Of Something New, Part 1

"I am warning you sweetie as there are many dangerous pokémons and people who can be quite nasty to you!" Solana´s grandmother yelled from the kitchen as Solana herself was dressing up on her room. "I also heard that you have to save professor Birch from a wild pokémon as a tradition! It is good to know someone who talks really much like Samuel Oak because you can get some important information just like that!" she shouted when in the mean time Solana run the stairs down and started to wrap some freshly made pancakes into her bag. "I know that grandmom but Dante isn´t my friend anymore and neither is anyone else! They all think me as a rival or something but luckily I´ve got you at least!" Solana said and hugged her grandmother who was smiling brightly.

"I already wrapped few pancakes sweetie!" her grandmother said when she handed a huge pile of pancakes at Solana and continued by saying: "You have to be carefull but promise me sweetie that you enjoy from your very heart and you won´t think us at all!" Solana hugged her grandmother and together they went outside and Solana left walking towards the place where she would find professor Birch in danger. Tiers were falling and filling Solana´s eyes as she walked towards her own adventure.

After walking a while or two Solana decided to take a break as she had been walking for many hours already and sat down a three. She took some pancakes and looked how wild pokémons were playing in tall grass and chasing each others when she heard a voice somewhere near her. Solana quickly stood up and started to follow the voices which came really close and finally she was able to find the one who was screaming. It was professor Birch and two Poochyenas were chasing him down and biting him everywhere but Solana wasn´t able to help as she was lying on the ground and laughing.

After few minutes she stood up and started to look a bag or something where professor might just keep his pokémons and found it lying on the grass and opened it. There were three pokéballs which had just been polished and they were sparkling in the sunlight as Solana took one and threw it up in the air and yelled: "Come out pokémon!" and smiled as she knew what she would have to do. A green pokémon came out and happily jumped on the ground as it was clearly waiting for something exciting to happen and Solana shouted: "Help professor Birch and chase those two away!" and the green pokémon immediately attacked against those two Poochyenas.

It didn´t take long to banish those wild pokémons and before Solana even realised she was already helping professor down from the three where he had gone to save. "How did you know what to do and what to look?!" Birch said when he shook hands with Solana and raised his bag from the ground. "Well...It is an interesting story to tell but it takes too much time now as those two can still return!" and Solana knew that they wouldn´t but professor Birch and Solana quickly started to walk and the green pokémon followed them till they arrived to professor Birch´s laboratory.

Start Of Something New, Part 2

Birch opened the door and walked inside when Solana followed him and got excited when she saw all the books and pictures of different kind of pokémons which covered all the walls. "Come here!" Birch shouted and walk to the farest part of the laboratory where was a big oak table and few other people too and he laid his bag on that table. Everyone paid attention to Solana who quickly walked across the laboratory and left to stand right infront of the table and suddenly everyone started to whisper and Solana felt really embarrassed. "As you Solana saved me from those two wild pokémons I let you to choose one of these pokémons!" Birch said and summoned all his pokémons out and personally introduced them one by one and at the very end he continued by saying: "Choose wisely as you don´t have another chance!" and sat down on his chair behind the table.

Solana walked around those pokémons many times and tried to look which one would be overall the best one for her but they were all the same. Suddenly that green coloured Treecko who had helped Solana to save professor Birch started to tease Torchic and Mudkip by tickling them which caused them to fell down. Few minutes all the pokémons were fighting and Treecko laughed at them and Solana said: "I choose that Treecko!" and pointed towards Treecko who was still laughing on the floor. "You chose wisely and as you are a new trainer you will need these too!" professor said and handed over five red pokéballs and a yellow Pokédex and continued by saying: "Dex will record the data of every single pokémon that you meat on your journey!" and shook hands once again with Solana who was really thrilled.

Solana helped her Treecko to stand up and together they started to walk towards the door but suddenly she saw two people in the crowd which caused Solana to lost her attention. She opened the door and Treecko happily jumped out from the laboratory and together they left walking as Solana was sure that this friendship would last forever.

To be continued!

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    Chapter 2: Come here fido!
    "Here's the start of our adventure! ready Bagon?" Said Adam

Bagon nodded his head. The two ran off into the route with no real thought or planning.

"BAAAGON!!" Screamed bagon as he was tackled by a wild poochyena.

"what the.... aah!!" Screamed Adam as he was also tackled by the wild poochyena.

Adam pulled out his pokedex. " POOCHYENA THE PUPPY POKEMON, POOCHYENA ARE VERY TENACIOUS AND TAKE A BITE OUT OF ANYTHING IT SEES AT FIRST SITE"

"Hmm.. a poochyena huh? Well bring it on Fido!" Said Adam in a challenging voice.

"Bagon use bite!" Exclaimed Adam

Bagon lunged at the poochyena but it swept out of the way at tremendous speed!

"hmm... i'm gonna catch it!" Adam thought to himself "Bagon use rage to pick up speed!"

Bagon ran around in a circle in rage picking up speed while doing so.

"Now Bagon slam it!!" Yelled Adam at the top of his lungs.

Bagon slammed into the young poochyena with all it's might, and the poochyena went soaring into a tree, then retaliated by using it's speed to try to bite bagon,

"Now Bagon JUMP!" Bagon took a jump into the air causing the wild poochyena to slam into a near by tree,

"Now!" Yelled Adam, Bagon slammed the poochyena with a full power rage causing it to faint.

Adam tossed a pokeball at the fainted poochyena

to be continued.....

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To RealPyromaniac: You should pay more attention and notice that you went out as a group with the other trainers to save the professor. We can just say that you were a little late. Just don't do it again. =) You may continue onto Route 101.

To ~element: Your name threw me off for a second lol. I can say that the post was okay. You need to work on making them longer and with more detail. It was good enough though for a common pokemon.
    You caught a Level 3 Female Poochyena!

*Note* I forgot to mention this, but people who capture pokemon need to make new trainer cards. Post them in the ooc thread if they're not in your sig.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (ooc: Again short, but when I post for the next route, it'll be longer then this.)
    Chapter 2: The Professor's Laboratory

After an hour to return to the laboratory...

"Aaah, yes... you must be the trainers who are here to recieve your pokemon, well... I had already picked out some pokemon, but since you went through all of the trouble of catching these pokemon, you may keep them." Said Birch. Chris noticed everyone else get a little excited.

"Well then, why are we here?" Asked Chris to himself, but appearantly Birch heard it and responded with.

"You are all here to get some equipment like pokeballs, and the pokedex." Said Birch before picking up the backpacks. After handing the equipment to almost everyone, Birch turned to Chris. "You may be from the badlands, but don't underestimate Hoenn." Birch then handed Chris the equipment before walking back to where he was. "Have fun on your trip."

After everyone cleared out of the lab, Chris asked Birch. "So you think that Hoenn is tough enough for me? Well I'll prove you wrong." After that Chris exitted the laboratory and faced the route. "Well, we'll see if it's tough." Said Chris before walking out of the small town, and into the first leg of his journey.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Rubii Naruto: It's okay. You got what needed to been done in this post. You know what I expect in the posts for now on.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Episode 3: The Wurmple Battle

"Hmph, I'm already almost past this place, if the rest of this region is like this, I'll be done in a week." Said Chris rounding a corner once more. "But, I'd better familiarize myself with my pokemon. Go, Makuhita!" And in a flash, a fat, yellow, human-like pokemon appeared out of the pokeball.

"Maku maku Makuhita!" Yelled Makuhita. Chris winced at the volume of the cry.

"Oh, crap." Said Chris, knowing that the outburst attracted at least one pokemon. Suddenly a String Shot came out of nowhere, Chris was easily able to dodge it, but Makuhita...

"Maku maku!" Yelled Makuhita as he was tied up. Chris ran up to Makuhita and tore the webbing off of the fighting pokemon.

"We have to be careful, the enemy is hiding, and has probably moved positions by now." Said Chris, but Makuhita was already attacking the bush that the String Shot came from. "What are you doing!?" Yelled Chris to Makuhita. The fighting type pokemon looked at Chris before going back to attacking the empty bush.

And another String Shot came down from a tree, and like before Chris was able to avoid it, and Makuhita was tied up. "What am I to do with you?" Asked Chris to himself before returning the pokemon. "Come back out, Makuhita." Said Chris once again summoning the fighter pokemon.

"Maku!" Yelled Makuhita before moving towards the tree, but before Makuhita got too far, Chris pulled him back saving the yelow pokemon from being wrapped... again, but an instant, Chris picked up a rock and launched it into the tree, knocking the Wurmple to the ground. Makuhita then started to run over to it, but was blasted with String Shot once more.

"What am I going to do with you?" Asked Chris once again before tossing a pokeball at the Wurmple. The ball shook once... twice... Boom! "Capture failed." Said Chris. Wurmple fired another String Shot, but Chris avoided it. "Makuhita, use Tackle!" Makuhita tried to hit the Wurmple, but the caterpillar was able to dodge before getting hit. "Sand Attack now!"

"Makuhita!" Yelled Makuhita before he started tossing sand at Wurmple.

"Wurm." Cried Wurmple as it tried to get sand out of it's bleeding eyes.

"Now finish it with a Tackle!" Yelled Chris annoyed. Makuhita ran towards Wurmple, but the bugs flailing tripped the fighting type. "Oh my god, this pokemon can't even hit a blind Wurmple." Chris then tossed another pokeball hoping to end this. The ball then started shaking.

Would Chris capture Wurmple this time?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back